Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2013, 04:36 PM

26,476 posts, read 15,060,677 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
And likewise, it was the Danish PM taking the photo of them together, and Obama was polite and smiled for the photo. I would expect anyone else to do the same thing.
And it went on and on until Michelle found it too obnoxious and made him switch seats.

Old 12-11-2013, 04:37 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,166,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
And it went on and on until Michelle found it too obnoxious and made him switch seats.
Oh, you were there? Do tell us the whole story.

Old 12-11-2013, 04:39 PM

13,414 posts, read 9,945,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
That's interesting, I didn't know you could tell length of time with still photos. How long exactly did it go on for? Got access to the time stamps do you?

Old 12-11-2013, 04:40 PM

37,960 posts, read 22,139,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
OH FFS.

HE didn't take the picture, the Danish PM took the picture. It's JUST a picture. Why anyone cares is totally beyond me.

And everybody was having a merry ole time. It was that sort of remembrance. They weren't laying Mandela to rest, they were celebrating his life. In a JOYUS fashion. SHEESH.
Obviously some people do care, and are not fond of their president going out on the world stage and acting like a giggly little school girl.

It's not a big thing to me, it just seems a bit undignified. It makes 0bama look like a goof, instead of a statesman and the representative of the USA.

If the 0bama's were at Mardi Gras in New Orleans, I would not expect the First Lady to be showing her boobs, or Barack tossing girls beads for doing the act either.

Then again I'm arguing with people who think it was fine for BJ Clinton to consort with an intern over pizza in the Oval office.

Old 12-11-2013, 04:43 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,166,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post

If the 0bama's were at Mardi Gras in New Orleans, I would not expect the First Lady to be showing her boobs, or Barack tossing girls beads for doing the act either.
That you would even compare taking a selfie at a freakin' memorial with thousands of partying people to showing boobs or tossing beads to see boobs at Mardi Gras is absurd & you know it.

Old 12-11-2013, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Obviously some people do care, and are not fond of their president going out on the world stage and acting like a giggly little school girl.

It's not a big thing to me, it just seems a bit undignified. It makes 0bama look like a goof, instead of a statesman and the representative of the USA.

Then again I'm arguing with people who think it was fine for BJ Clinton to consort with an intern over pizza in the Oval office.
Oh get over yourself. He took a photo with a colleague. That's hardly an issue in anybody's book.

Old 12-11-2013, 04:49 PM

Interesting, look at what the photographer is saying.

Quote:
I later read on social media that Michelle Obama seemed to be rather peeved on seeing the Danish prime minister take the picture. But photos can lie. In reality, just a few seconds earlier the first lady was herself joking with those around her, Cameron and Schmidt included. Her stern look was captured by chance.
Obama Selfie: Michelle Obama Joined In Photo With Barack, David Cameron | TIME.com

Never let a good pearl clutching moment go to waste, I always say.

Old 12-11-2013, 04:49 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,167,905 times
Quote:
No one is complaining that while Obama was standing next to the Danish PM, that he was polite and smiled for the news photographer's photo.

You are talking about the one at the national prayer breakfast, I saw that photo, it was not Bush taking a 'selfie' of he and Bono, a professional news media photographer took the photo of them together, and Bush was polite and smiled for the photo. I would expect anyone else to do the same thing.
So you are upset because the Danish PM wanted to take a photo of them with her cell phone rather it was done by a photographer? Still don't see your outrage with this one and it looks like you guys are losing steam on this fake outrage story.

Old 12-11-2013, 04:52 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,827,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
I don't blame him, out of 500 photos he sent in, you guys are obsessing over a pointless photo in that bunch.
He post the photos and people reacted as they always do as humans. I don't see his point at all I complaining. I thought the first lady didn't look happy but nothing else.

Old 12-11-2013, 05:02 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,992,148 times
"Aren't there more important things to be concerned about?"

Probably, but I vote to not keep lowering our standards. His behavior shows what a tasteless, classless, immature, narcissistic buffoon we have for a President. For our President to be shown laughing and taking selfies at a somber event DOES matter because it matters how our President appears in public to the world. His boorish behavior reflects back on the rest of us. I thought liberals were super-sensitive about how negatively the world views the U.S.?

America the Vulgar - WSJ.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies