Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2013, 05:40 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,127,629 times

Advertisements

Jesus has no political leanings. That's an absurd invention of man to recreate God in his image.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2013, 05:41 AM

1,074 posts, read 758,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendell Phillips View Post
"Then cried they all again, saying, Not this man, but Barabbas."
John 18:40 (KJV)

. . .

When Christ drove the moneychangers from the temple, that sealed his fate. The Pharisees could put up with a radical teacher who preached selling all one has and giving to the poor; but now he was interfering with business. They had to get rid of him. It would be no different now, for nothing has changed. If Christ returned to earth today, he would be assassinated by Pat Robertson.
Well, that's certainly an interesting take.

The pharisees demanded Jesus be put to death because he claimed to be God (and He was). It was not because they were angry that he was "interfering with business!"

When Jesus said to sell all you have and give it to the poor, it was a test of the mans heart. It was to expose if his heart was for things eternal, or for the things of the world. Jesus never required his followers to sell all they had. There is no requirement for Christians to take a vow of poverty. Possessing money is not sin. The love of money is sin.

Old 12-23-2013, 05:52 AM

2,836 posts, read 3,498,482 times
Jesus Christ, if he walked this earth, was certainly not a god. Indeed, there is very little in the way of historical record of the existence of Jesus Christ, and none of it a contemporaneous account of a percipient witness. (None of the subsequent gospels can be authenticated.) Philo of Alexandria, who was contemporaneous with Jesus (and Paul, who founded the cult of Christianity) does not mention Christ or the Christians; and the brief account of Flavius Josephus in the Testamonium Flavianum appears to have been added by a later hand. The most reliable historical reference is by Tacitus; and even that is, at best, second-hand hearsay (most likely from his friend and correspondent Pliny the Younger, who was Governor of Bithynia and active in rooting out Christian sects under Trajan). See Pliny the Younger, Letters, Book X, 96; Tacitus, Annals, 15:44.

Old 12-23-2013, 06:23 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,689,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamencoFreak View Post
Tests for historical reliability of both the old and new testaments have been applied (using the same criteria used on all historical documents). They are:
  1. Bibliographical test
  2. Internal evidence test.
  3. External evidence test.

These tests show that we can not only trust the historicity of the bible, but the accuracy of it's transmission.

(Source: "A Ready Defense" — Josh McDowell)

I invite you to investigate for yourself. The book is readily available.
It is amazing how God has protected His Holy scriptures. When the scientists discovered translated the ancient Dead Sea scrolls, they thought they would find major discrepancies compared to the modern translations, but instead they discovered they were practically word for word identical.

Old 12-23-2013, 07:55 AM

10,016 posts, read 12,589,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
I keep thinking how the U.S.A has approximately 315,000,000 people and the government spent over $680,000,000 of the peoples money on a website that was contracted to the 1st lady's friend to where after all those American's lost health care or will have to pay double or triple monthly payments while $680,000,000 went to a business/corporation and those in charge in government and said business scratches each others back.

If I am doing the math right $680,000,000 divided by 315,000,000 is approx $2.1 million per American. Hardly any of that money went to directly relieve Americans from the problem of a health bill the opposite in the end the people are made to pay more and you tell me to trust the government to do the right thing or humanitarian thing and to value life and health?

I think that one time when Jesus saw such corruption and money worship he destroyed the temple and cast out the money changers.
I guess arithmetic is not your thing! $680,000,000 divided by $315,000,000 is $2.16. LOL

Old 12-23-2013, 07:59 AM

You know, if us Christians were doing in the world what we should be doing there would be no need for government social welfare programmes. If we all gave sacrificially to the utmost of our ability then the poor, sick, imprisoned, mentally ill and the rest of all of the broken people out there would be taken care of.

Old 12-23-2013, 11:28 AM

13,608 posts, read 21,407,908 times
appologies I was reading the calculator wrong and no I can't compute that large of number in my head. Which given the correction blows my idea out thanks

Last edited by lionking; 12-23-2013 at 11:38 AM..

Old 12-23-2013, 11:32 AM

13,608 posts, read 21,407,908 times
Quote:
Oppologies I was reading the calculator wrong and no I can't compute that large of number in my head. Which given the correction blows my idea out thanks

I am also going to leave the forum for a while because I feel shamed. Good bye

Old 12-23-2013, 11:50 AM

Quote:
I am also going to leave the forum for a while because I feel shamed. Good bye
Hey there lionking. WE all make mistakes. No one around here is going to think the worse of you for that.
Stick around and keep contributing. We need opinions of all sorts to make it interesting!

Old 12-23-2013, 12:37 PM

33,582 posts, read 18,193,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
Hey there lionking. WE all make mistakes. No one around here is going to think the worse of you for that.
Stick around and keep contributing. We need opinions of all sorts to make it interesting!
ditto!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies