Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2014, 09:02 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
uhm

having Kerry put HIMSELF in for a scratch on the arm....is not legitimate

silver stars?? Kerry spent a total of 93 days in theater (the nam)

but then again..he was navy..had he been army, he would never have gotten one award

Kerry is a SELF CONFESSED war criminal
Troops cannot approve awards for themselves.

That's the simple truth. Chain of command has to approve them.

So chill with the fibs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2014, 09:06 PM

46,961 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
uhm

having Kerry put HIMSELF in for a scratch on the arm....is not legitimate
So the US Navy is handing out decorations all willy-nilly? Our decorated veterans are just self-promoters? 3 Purple Hearts will be given to anyone who asks? Nah - unlike you, I actually have a fairly high respect for the US Armed Forces and the procedures in place for decorations.

Quote:
silver stars?? Kerry spent a total of 93 days in theater (the nam)
A Silver Star, yes. You didn't know?

Quote:
Arriving at the area, Lieutenant (junior grade) KERRY's craft received a B-40 rocket close aboard. Once again Lieutenant (junior grade) KERRY ordered his units to charge the enemy positions and summoned Patrol Craft Fast 43 to the area to provide additional firepower. Patrol Craft Fast 94 then beached in the center of the enemy positions and an enemy soldier sprang up from his position not ten feet from Patrol Craft Fast 94 and fled. Without hesitation Lieutenant (junior grade) KERRY leaped ashore, pursued the man behind a hootch and killed him, capturing a B-40 rocket launcher with a round in the chamber. Lieutenant (junior grade) KERRY then led an assault party and conducted a sweep of the area while the Patrol Craft Fast continued to provide fire support. After the enemy had been completely routed, all personnel returned to the Patrol Craft Fast to withdraw from the area. ... As a result of this operation, ten Viet Cong were killed and one wounded with no friendly casualties. ... Lieutenant (junior grade) KERRY's devotion to duty, courage under fire, outstanding leadership, and exemplary professionalism directly contributed to the success of this operation and were in keeping with the highest traditions of the Unites States Naval Service.
Ah well, this is Karl Rove's America. You've started to believe your own propaganda.

Old 01-05-2014, 09:07 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb Longstreet View Post
Well, I guess then its okay to drop the WTC? This is a war of attrition. We have real enemies. You have to obliterate them. What you haven't grasped is that by doing it my way, we wouldn't have lost 4,500. I did serve but, it was peace time. Would I go if called (things would have to be real bad for this old fossil to be called)? In a heartbeat.

Under one condition, you don't tie my hands behind my back and ask me to fight? Again, my way is quicker and saves lives on both sides. Do you not see this now after 10 years? What is there to win? Democracy and pest control from those that would destroy it. It's not dr strange love, it's somewhat real. If they are willing to drop our WTC's do you thinktheywould have problems with a dirty bomb in your town? Really? Boston bombers, thwarted attempts in Spain? Thwarted attempts in NYC?

Wait, let me guess, you think Snowden is a hero....right? God we need another domestic disaster to get some minds right....
You have no idea how to fight a war. We lost 4500 men because the war was DUMB...and dumb wars get troops killed.

You've got stars on your shoulder boards? Hell no you don't. Attended war college? Nope. Ever been even a basic infantryman? No again.

Doing it "your way" would've been just as disastrous. Moreso actually.

Old 01-05-2014, 09:17 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,782,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
The objective was regime change. That by itself liberated Iraq from a despot.

Wars have a tendency to destabilize the nations they are fought in. Did we go to war with Germany or Japan to destabilize a country? Obviously not. Did WW II end up destabilizing both countries? Obviously.

The job of the military is not to stabilize nations, it is to win wars. What happens after the war is won is left to the diplomats. Which is why the Marshall Plan was created AFTER WW II, to help rebuild war-torn Europe. Only a complete idiot, or a President seeking reelection, would implement Nation Building WHILE the war is still being fought.

As much as I may detests FDR's domestic policies, he knew how to manage a war. First you win the damn war, THEN you rebuild. He did not stop to rebuild Italy and France before defeating Germany or Japan. Yet Bush stopped to rebuild Afghanistan and Iraq before defeating Iran and Syria.

Did you forget the 3,000+ Americans who died on 09/11/2001? If you were not among the consensus that demanded an end to terrorist sponsoring nations at that time, then you were in a very tiny minority indeed. The status quo was wholly unacceptable. Something was going to change immediately, and we were going to ensure that it happened.

I could not care less who the US put into power or what kind of government they develop. My one and only requirement is that it is not someone who sponsors international terrorism.

Are you that naive that you think civilians are immune from the ravages of war? Or would you rather see more American civilians killed as a result of terrorism sponsored by Iraq? You cannot have it both ways. Either more Americans will die, or more Iraqis will die. Pick one.

Bush (41) did not use Kuwait as a re-election ploy. He pulled everyone out after only 96 days (precisely the same duration of the Spanish/American war), and look what happened, Clinton got elected just one year later. That says volumes about the abject stupidity of the American voter.

We won two things:
  1. A respite from terrorist attacks from Afghanistan and Iraq; and
  2. The reputation for responding with overwhelming deadly military force if provoked.
Good grief. It's really hard to know where to start with you, therefore I'm not going to even try. It's clear that you are obsessed with this fear that terrorists are going to take over the US. You are in denial that the US has failed miserably in Iraq and will fail in Afghanistan. And you are all for sending Americans to every Middle Eastern country where there are terrorist organizations to prevent another attack on the US. Rather than oppose invasion and leaving these countries alone and letting them be, regardless if their government and culture doesn't resemble the US. You are also blind to the fact that the US is no different than a terrorist organization. We are forcing our will on other countries. We are attacking other countries because we want them to conform to changes that we want to impose. All we have done was spread terrorism like an incurable cancer.

I wonder if you asked a veteran today who served in Iraq if they thought the war was worth it, considering what is going on over there? I wonder if they would be so willing to risk their life again for Iraq. Ask a veteran who served if the US won that battle.

Old 01-05-2014, 09:28 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,483,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
So the US Navy is handing out decorations all willy-nilly? Our decorated veterans are just self-promoters? 3 Purple Hearts will be given to anyone who asks? Nah - unlike you, I actually have a fairly high respect for the US Armed Forces and the procedures in place for decorations.

A Silver Star, yes. You didn't know?

Ah well, this is Karl Rove's America. You've started to believe your own propaganda.
and you believe Kerry's lies

Quote:
Grant Hibbard of Gulf Breeze, Fla., a retired Navy officer, told MilitaryCorruption.com he was the commanding officer to whom Kerry reported his “battle wound†on Dec. 3, 1968.

“I had confirmed that there was no hostile fire that night and that Kerry had simply wounded himself with an M-79 grenade round he fired too close. He wanted a Purple Heart, and I refused.â€

The former Navy commander said Louis Letson, the base physician, saw Kerry and used tweezers to remove a tiny piece of shrapnel – about 1 centimeter in length and 2 millimeters in diameter – from the lieutenant j.g.’s (junior grade) forearm.

“Letson confirmed that the scratch had been self-inflicted when Kerry clumsily used the M-79.â€

It’s been more than 35 years since the incident, but Hibbard still recalls Kerry’s actions with disgust.

“It is unacceptable to nominate yourself for a combat award.

oh a silver star:

Quote:
specious Silver Star (with “V†device) that Kerry allegedly won. First of all, there is no such decoration in any of the five branches of the U.S. Military.

The Silver Star does not have a “V†device (for valor) like the Bronze Star does. Yet that award is listed on the DD214 that Kerry was supposed to review and sign for accuracy. That it was displayed on his campaign web site indicates he should have, if he didn’t already, know such a listing was false and inaccurate.

Yet, the curious Kerry documents contain even more signs of falsification and fraud.

Kerry credits himself with earning four battle stars attached to his Vietnam Service Medal. Every Nam vet knows those battle stars denote various “campaigns†the recipient had to have participated in to be able to legally wear them.

Since Kerry was in Vietnam only 93 days, it would be impossible for him to have accumulated so many of the stars due to lack of time, but, what the heck! Maybe the Massachusetts senator thought “four battle stars†sounds and looks better than two.

“Yeah, that’s the ticket,†Kerry perhaps said to himself. “I’ll award myself more ‘fruit salad’ than I’m authorized, in order to fool the voters into thinking I’m a cross between Audie Murphy and General George Patton. That’ll impress ‘em. They won’t know the difference.â€

Well, the many thousands of honorable Vietnam veterans Kerry smeared and slandered in his self-serving and much discredited testimony before Congress “know the difference.†And as a result, we have exposed him for what he is – a fraud.

accumulation of three Purple Hearts for what appears to be extremely minor “flesh wounds†in only 93 days, and the fact that none of these alleged combat injuries required any hospitalization, much less scarring or surgery, and you begin to see why almost everyone doubts the liar

Old 01-05-2014, 09:32 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,483,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
I wonder if you asked a veteran today who served in Iraq if they thought the war was worth it, considering what is going on over there? I wonder if they would be so willing to risk their life again for Iraq. Ask a veteran who served if the US won that battle.
this Iraqi veteran, who saw the children of Iraq, who were happy we came in thinks it was worth it

this 911 survivor, certainly thinks we should be going after the animals that attacked the USA...no matter what country they are hiding in

signed a retired Army First Sergeant...us army 1981-2006 combat vet of Panama, desert storm, Bosnia, Afghanistan, and Iraq

Old 01-05-2014, 09:54 PM

Quote:
this Iraqi veteran, who saw the children of Iraq, who were happy we came in thinks it was worth it

this 911 survivor, certainly thinks we should be going after the animals that attacked the USA...no matter what country they are hiding in

signed a retired Army First Sergeant...us army 1981-2006 combat vet of Panama, desert storm, Bosnia, Afghanistan, and Iraq
Thank you for your service, but in all due respect, you do not represent all Iraqi veterans. Many, proud of being in the military, don't think that Iraq was worth it. If Iraq wasn't worth it the first time, why would so many think it would be worth it a second time?

Children in every war are happy to see Americans. It is heartbreaking to see what they are caught in the middle of. How about the children the US killed? The mothers that were killed by the US?

These "animals" can be compared to cockroaches. They breed, breed, breed. There are more terrorists today than there were in 2001. As long as the US keeps feeding them reason to hate us they will continue to breed and it would be no different that trying to do the impossible - eradiate cockroaches.

Old 01-05-2014, 09:57 PM

13,303 posts, read 7,870,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Thank you for your service, but in all due respect, you do not represent all Iraqi veterans. Many, proud of being in the military, don't think that Iraq was worth it. If Iraq wasn't worth it the first time, why would so many think it would be worth in a second time?

These "animals" can be compared to cockroaches. They breed, breed, breed. There are more terrorists today than there were in 2001. As long as the US keeps feeding them reason to hate us they will continue to greed and it would be no different that trying to do the impossible - eradiate cockroaches.
Washington D.C. is full of 'em.

Old 01-05-2014, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Mogadishu, Somalia in 1993 was hardly a "win" by any stretch of the imagination. Clinton left the Army out in the cold, without the support they needed and requested.

Our involvement in Bosnia in August 1994 came at the very end of the Serbian ethnically cleansing.

The Haitian invasion in December 1994 was a complete clusterf*ck. Clinton had the entire international community condemning his actions. Even Carter's international observers called the Haitian elections a complete sham and an embarrassment to the US.

Meanwhile Clinton completely ignores the genocide occurring in Rwanda in 1994.

Our involvement in East Timor in 1995 was entirely logistical. No combat troops were sent.

There were a few cruise missile strikes in Iraq in 1996, for violating the no-fly zone, but no troops were sent.

After the Iraqi Liberation Act of 1998 was passed by a Republican controlled Congress in February, Clinton began a 2+ year sustained bombing campaign of Iraq with the UK in December 1998.

Then in March 1999 Clinton started a war with Kosovo and ethnically cleansed it, replacing them with Albanians.

It should also be noted that the US was attacked on nine separate occasions by terrorists while Clinton was President, and Clinton did absolutely nothing.
I'm not going to address each point, but you really do know how to stretch a situation to create a false argument.

What I will do is give you a list of terrorist attacks on Americans/American interests - on foreign soil and US soil. FYI it lists 7 attacks under Clinton, 3 of which were on American soil committed by Americans. Since you are such a fountain of knowledge, you will be able to figure out under which Presidents these attacks took place, especially between 2001 and 2008. You might want to explain what that particular president did to counter attack ALL (14) of the attacks/assassinations.

List of assassinations and acts of terrorism against Americans - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 01-05-2014, 11:29 PM

3,353 posts, read 6,441,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
The black flag of Radical Sunni Islam is flying over the "government" buildings in Fallujah:

Al-Qaeda force captures Fallujah amid rise in violence in Iraq - The Washington Post

Come on, boys! Let's go liberate the $&@& out of that place- AGAIN! What would this be- Surge III???

(My condolences to anyone who lost friends and loved ones fighting in Bush's sandbox- they didn't make the policy, just fought for the guys next to them, like soldiers always do)
Iraq continues to trade oil in US dollars, that was nearly the entire purpose of that war..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies