Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support life equality?
Yes, I support the equal right to life for all. 42 53.16%
No, I do not support the equal right to life for all. 37 46.84%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2014, 12:50 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,013,345 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
There's a real good chance the older Angelenos remember that weekend and they'll be reeeeeal interested in knowing the guy with the cat thinks Charlie shouldn't be in prison.
Alot of men in the Los Angeles area keep cats as pets.

What does being a "cat man" have to do with Charles Manson?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2014, 01:21 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,049,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Harrier would do nothing, since he lives in California and not Connecticut.

If you are asking what he would do if he was Mr. or Mrs. Petit, then Harrier would do the following:

(a) not leave a baseball bat in the yard.

(b) have a plan to defend himself and his family in the event of an attack.

(c) Either not leave a bank which he had been allowed to enter of his own accord, or find some other exit that did not involve willingly returning to someone who had brought him to that place at gunpoint.

The sentence for Hayes was unconstitutional.

The judge mentioned God, and everyone knows that there is a separation between church and state.
Very lame Harrier, and disgusting, even for you.

Harrier chooses to put the blame on the victims. He should be ashamed.

Old 01-14-2014, 01:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Very lame Harrier, and disgusting, even for you.

Harrier chooses to put the blame on the victims. He should be ashamed.
Mo, Harrier does not put blame on victims.

He answered your question.

You already acknowledged that Harrier is opposed to the death penalty and prisons.

How did you expect Harrier to respond to your question?

Old 01-14-2014, 01:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Let's fix this part first:

She already made her choice. Before you go on about "rape and incest", most abortions are performed on females who willingly chose to have sexual relations. She made her choice knowing full well the possible consequences. Her body, her choice...yep, she chose to lay down and do the deed.

Now, she has another life to think about, not just her own. It's not about her anymore, it's about the life that she carries. I wonder how many here would be willing to go back in time and agree to be aborted since, you know, they were "just a bunch of cells" at one time. Of course you can't do that, but it should allow you to think if you were honest.

Abortion is selfish.
If I had been aborted, I wouldn't know or care, would I?

And......I wouldn't want to live my life knowing that my mother never wanted me.....that I was forced upon her against her will, that I was her punishment for daring to have sex. Asking her to incubate me against her will would be selfish.

We no longer live in the dark ages.....consenting to sex is not consenting to pregnancy.

That's like saying I was consenting to a car accident because I got in the car. That I shouldn't expect medical intervention on my behalf.....because.....after all.....I knew there could be an accident and I knew I could get hurt. No do-overs. You made a choice.....now live....or die with it. Let nature take its course.

Old 01-14-2014, 01:55 AM

Quote:
Mo, Harrier does not put blame on victims.

He answered your question.

You already acknowledged that Harrier is opposed to the death penalty and prisons.

How did you expect Harrier to respond to your question?
Yes, you did blame the victims. You made that PERFECTLY clear.

The victims should have done this.....they should have done that = it's their fault.

I expected a straightforward answer.......but I should know better when dealing with you.

There are people in society that commit heinous crimes.....and you do not want to punish them.....you want to blame the victims.

What about children that are beaten and murdered by their parents?

Oh.....I know.....they should have stopped crying, they shouldn't have wet the bed, they shouldn't have broken that lamp.....it's their own damn fault.....they should have known not to upset their parent.

Death penalty? NOPE

Prison? NOPE

Just let them go, let them have another child......maybe the next one will know better.

Old 01-14-2014, 02:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
Why do you and other liberals have such a hard time understanding that to us pro-life people abortion is murder so "choice" is moot? You don't get to choose to commit murder. The fetus is human life. Terminating human life is a crime, not a choice. I have the same regard for a woman's choices in that area as you have for the choice of a KKK member to lynch an innocent black man. It's pretty simple.

I don't believe black people are fully human so I see nothing wrong with killing black people. If you don't want to kill black people, then fine don't do it. But you have no right to try to force your choices and morality on me.

Now substitute "unborn" for "black" in the above and there's your answer why we have "no regard for the choices" of women.

And when you all are ready to let people choose what guns they want, what size soda they want, where they want to buy their happy meals, how much salt they want, what health insurance they want, where they want to go to school, etc then maybe you'd have half a leg to stand on when getting all self righteous about choice.
Why do you and other anti-choicers have such a hard time understanding that to us pro-choice people, a non viable fetus can't be compared to a black person who is a fully developed, born person with thoughts and feeling and rights?

That a fully developed, born woman's right to decide what happens to her body trumps an organism using her body against her will?

That a woman is person with rights, first and foremost. Not breeding stock....not an incubator.

Old 01-14-2014, 02:31 AM

Quote:
There are people in society that commit heinous crimes.....and you do not want to punish them.....you want to blame the victims.
No Harrier doesn't, primarily because it hasn't been established that there were any victims in the event that you cited.

You asked what should be done with the people who were convicted.

Short answer?

Nothing.

Old 01-14-2014, 02:52 AM

Quote:
No Harrier doesn't, primarily because it hasn't been established that there were any victims in the event that you cited.

You asked what should be done with the people who were convicted.

Short answer?

Nothing.
And, as I said before, you should be ashamed that you would allow these predators loose on society to rape and kill again.

How VERY pro-life of you.

Last edited by Annie53; 01-14-2014 at 03:00 AM..

Old 01-14-2014, 02:56 AM

Quote:
And, as I said before, you should be ashamed......that you would allow these predators lose on society to rape and kill again.

How VERY pro-life of you.
What predators?

How do you know that the individuals in question raped or killed anyone?

Old 01-14-2014, 03:05 AM

Quote:
What predators?

How do you know that the individuals in question raped or killed anyone?
Perhaps you should familiarize yourself with the case before you dig yourself any deeper.

There is absolutely NO DOUBT that they are guilty.

Quote:
During this time, Hayes and Komisarjevsky escalated the aggravated nature of their crimes. Komisarjevsky
sexually assaulted the 11-year-old Michaela. Komisarjevsky, who had photographed
the sexual assault of the youth on his cell phone,[SIZE=2][12][/SIZE] then
provoked Hayes to rape Hawke-Petit.
Yep....do nothing .....let them go to rape, murder and set fire to more little girls.

Harrier loves fetuses......little girls, young ladies, mothers......not so much.

Last edited by Annie53; 01-14-2014 at 03:19 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies