Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What do you think if a public person announces to the media they are gay or lesbian?
It would make no difference to me and not impact my opinion of the celebrity 38 40.43%
I would think more of them because they are brave and honest 10 10.64%
I would be less likely to respect and watch them on TV or in the movies 23 24.47%
Because I support their rights to a homosexual lifestyle, this questionaire does not apply to me 23 24.47%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2014, 05:48 AM

1,866 posts, read 2,856,393 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaPirate355 View Post
Also why are there so many threads about gays all the time on here?
Keep track; most are started by the same handful of people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2014, 05:52 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,377,422 times
What do you think about public figures who come out as gay?

Good for them but that's their problem I don't care or understand their need to tell everyone.

Old 01-08-2014, 10:36 AM

4,422 posts, read 6,276,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Retired Now View Post
If you are morally against homosexuality you don't want kids who think they are gay looking up to someone who has a gay lifestyle and that morality.
So you jump for joy when a gay kid commits suicide. I find your homophobic lifestyle morally wrong.

Old 01-08-2014, 02:09 PM

9,884 posts, read 11,009,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
What do you think about public figures who come out as gay?

Good for them but that's their problem I don't care or understand their need to tell everyone.
There is one good thing about it; such revelations effectively remove the possibility of blackmail or extortion for being quietly homosexual. That is why a homosexual used to have a difficult time getting any kind of security clearance.

These days it simply doesn't matter. It would be pretty silly to attempt to threaten somebody for being homosexual now.

Old 01-08-2014, 02:16 PM

30,374 posts, read 23,843,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Retired Now View Post
This question is only for people who don't support a homosexual lifestyle:

If for religious, moral or ethical reasons you are against people who live a homosexual lifestyle, what do you think about public figures who publically announce to the world that they are gay or lesbian? Please take the poll and discuss your answers.

PLEASE! This is not meant to be an anti gay, homophobic or, general discussion about homosexuality. Instead, it is just a discussion/poll about celebrities who announce to the world publically through the media they are gay or lesbian.

If you support gay rights and feel that in the year 2014 a homosexual lifestyle is fine, please don't reply.
I don't care what someone does in their bedroom...and that's the point. WHO. CARES!

It's like if someone came out and said, "I've slept with x amount of men/women". I. DO. NOT. CARE.

Do what you want and shut the hell up about it already. If you're gay, you're gay, if you're straight, you're straight, just shut up about it. Why do these people think anyone gives a damn? What does it change? Does it change anything? No? Shut. Up.

Old 01-10-2014, 02:00 AM

2,113 posts, read 2,601,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by css9450 View Post
Keep track; most are started by the same handful of people.
Many of them also start most of the black threads as well.

Old 01-10-2014, 04:52 AM

278 posts, read 274,615 times
I don't go to a movie store and scrutinize whether the actor/actresses in it are gay or not...now shows like modern family which I know are like that I refuse to watch on top of them being boring I find them disgusting but not really movies...Better things to do than scrutinize celebrities lives

Old 01-10-2014, 07:10 AM

13,605 posts, read 10,021,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
I really don't care what you do behind closed doors as long as you keep me out of it. I don't need to approve of what you do any more than I need you to approve of what I do. What is private should remain private.
Then why do I know you have a husband? Whom I assume you've had sex with, as you also have two daughters.

Pretty difficult to keep that info "private" if you hope to have any social contact with just about anybody anywhere.

Old 01-10-2014, 08:13 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,858,028 times
The sex lives of other people are none of my business.

Old 01-11-2014, 04:48 PM

6,414 posts, read 10,512,348 times
Why is it that when a gay man or lesbian thanks their partner, it is expressing who they have sex with, yet a straight man or woman thanks their wife or husband and it is not? People just have an issue with gays or lesbians being out of the closet, that is their hang ups, not the gays and lesbians. If someone sees my wedding ring, they ask if I am married, am I supposed to lie and say no, or that I have a wife and not a husband? Saying that my spouse is male, does not tell everyone that we have sex
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies