Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2014, 08:23 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,953,863 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Californian34 View Post
I laughed so hard when I saw this. why are the kids gathering around Uncle Satan like he's going to tell them a story? but hey, if we (Christians) get to mix government and religion, why can't everyone else? personally, as a Christian, I don't want my faith to have anything to do with the government. I don't think we should have "In God We Trust" on money. God has nothing to do with money.
Good point!
With all the little children who come and sit on his lap, they can ask for mommy and daddy to not fight any more and do more to keep families together. This should end our unwanted children problem.

Too bad this is the solution out of all the problems they could be addressing in society, this is the one they choose......... Conflict is better than solutions.

I do expect more from the side who believes they have all the answers to change the world. Set some good examples and ignore those you don't believe in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2014, 08:23 PM

3,027 posts, read 2,523,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Somehow I do not think the dead mind.
they should. can you imagine being in catholic heaven playing bingo, drinking beer, smoking cigarettes, then all of a sudden some dude in a short sleeve dress shirt and a tie comes along and zaps you into Mormon heaven where you can't even have a coke? that would suck.

Old 01-07-2014, 08:55 PM

6,957 posts, read 8,499,814 times
Hey ...I like cats! Maybe a statue of Isis would look nice?

Old 01-07-2014, 09:01 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,339,092 times
Quote:

Originally Posted by Glitch

Somehow I do not think the dead mind
Yeah, that's what my Mormon friend used to say. 'What's the big deal? They're dead!"
Then I asked her how she would feel if her dead mother was "baptized" into Islam. You should have seen her head explode.

Old 01-07-2014, 09:03 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,339,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californian34 View Post
they should. can you imagine being in catholic heaven playing bingo, drinking beer, smoking cigarettes, then all of a sudden some dude in a short sleeve dress shirt and a tie comes along and zaps you into Mormon heaven where you can't even have a coke? that would suck.
.....or spending a lifetime in sexy lingerie from Victoria's Secret or La Senza, and next thing you know, you're wearing those hideous Mormon magic underpants.

Old 01-07-2014, 09:42 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,273,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
Ah, so if Dale Cooper is mocking non-Christians, it's OK, but name-calling is right out?
I didn't see anyone else calling anyone else a name. I've called people out for this with many different beliefs. But to use your logic, Jeffrey Dahmer killed and ate his new found friends, is it your argument that it makes it OK for you to do also?

Old 01-07-2014, 09:53 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,278,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
The group offered to donate a monument last month, after State Rep. Mike Ritze (R-Broken Arrow) and conservative Christians were allowed to erect a Ten Commandments monument on the statehouse grounds.
Lawmakers in Oklahoma, however, have insisted that the Satanists should not be given the same treatment as Christians.
“This is a faith-based nation and a faith-based state,” Rep. Earl Sears (R-Bartlesville) said. “I think it is very offensive they would contemplate or even have this kind of conversation.”

Awww, someone has their knickers in a knot because it's a different faith.
Too bad, so sad.
The local news persons today followed the satanic monument with how the aclu has sued for the christan one to be removed, and it may have to be. Apparently its occured to someone that you can't pick and choose. I think if the christan monument has to go elsewhere all the others who won't be able to build theirs won.

There is one proposal for a listing of the Bill of Rights at the capital steps. Now that one I like.

As one who is pagan, I have to say, I have never been bothered by anyone so I think most people are not such zelots. Of course the retoric to get elected has to get lots of attention.

Old 01-07-2014, 11:01 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,924,900 times
Dang; isn't that Dennis Rodman?

Old 01-07-2014, 11:12 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,266,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Maybe goats are really angels and we're going about this thing all wrong...
Hah! I have three goat kids (triplets) born in June that I often refer to as "the devil's spawn."

Old 01-07-2014, 11:13 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,266,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
If goats were really angels, I suspect they'd smell a lot better.
Hey! The only ones that smell are the boys (bucks)!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies