Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2014, 06:59 AM

2,295 posts, read 2,370,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
How much longer are you guys going to keep taking that quote out of context? Obviously, that same strategy did you guys a lot of good with Obama's "You didn't build that" quote, which was also wildly taken out of context. Worked great getting President Romney elected, right?

re: ambassadors dying, why didn't you neo-cons care one lick about all the embassy workers who died when Bush was president? Is it time to start having some hearings about those incidents?

How in the world was "you didn't build that" taken out of context?

The quote came from the following paragraph:

Quote:
"If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If you’ve got a business -- you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen. The Internet didn’t get invented on its own. Government research created the Internet so that all the companies could make money off the Internet.
How is that wildly out of context..? It's a direct quote. Granted, understand the context of people helping you along the way, etc. But the direct quote, from the President himself was "If you've got a business -- you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen." Pretty cut and dried what he meant. All part of his view of the world....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2014, 07:04 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,399,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Yes, of course. With the Watergate scandal, we should have just "moved on". After all, it was just a simple burglary and no one died.
With that one, there was real evidence of real wrong doing. After multiple congressional hearings, you right wingers have still yet to produce any evidence or even explain what the hell you're talking about.

Like I posted yesterday, your hypothesis about Benghazi seems to be:

1. Stevens and others died at Benghazi
2. ???
3. PROFIT!!!

There isn't anything there and there never will be, no matter how much Fox News or Rush Limbaugh wish there to be. You had your swan song on this issue after the 60 Minutes story that you were all circle jerking over for 24 hours, before that story was discredited. Pretty hilarious though.

re: The "you didn't build that" quote, Obama was referring to the American infrastructure. He should have dumbed down the quote more for you right wingers, though.

Old 01-15-2014, 07:17 AM

2,295 posts, read 2,370,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post

re: The "you didn't build that" quote, Obama was referring to the American infrastructure. He should have dumbed down the quote more for you right wingers, though.
Maybe liberal cheerleaders should remove their rose colored lenses on occasion and realize that Obama is not infallible. No one is perfect. On this occasion, Obama stepped in it. Plain and simple. Following this speech, the liberal juggernaut went into overtime to re-characterize his remarks. People say stupid things on occasion.

Old 01-15-2014, 07:28 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,947,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
At the time, so many youtube videos were coming out exposing obamas lies and the corruption in the administration. Leading up to an election. they were going to go after the first amendment.

Stevens was sacrificed, to create a crisis to go after our first amendment and ban videos they chose controversial.
It was a brutal sacrifice........if it went they way some have claimed.

Old 01-15-2014, 08:02 AM

46,307 posts, read 27,131,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Probably because the guy did something he was court ordered not to do and therefore broke the law. But I never really cared about that story, so I never really paid attention to it.
Glad to see you are admitting you have no clue what you are talking about then...

So, why are you in this thread?

Old 01-15-2014, 08:14 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,057,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I think that most people are upset by the deliberate attempt by the white house to misrepresent what had actually happened. The Obama Admin was caught with their pants down and people were killed. It is and was a disservice to those men to blame a movie that had not a thing to do with it. Even after the facts were revealed a member of the Admin was still spewing that the movie was to blame.
The biggest issue I have with Obama and his admin is that they lie and lie when it serves no real purpose.
Oh, but there was a purpose: re-election.

Old 01-15-2014, 08:23 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,865,904 times
If you use Faux entertainment for your news, you are an idiot. If you believe their tripe on this topic then you are a bigger fool than anyone thought possible. This topic is done, with NO validity. Nothing you say will change that.

Old 01-15-2014, 08:28 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,399,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXStrat View Post
Maybe liberal cheerleaders should remove their rose colored lenses on occasion and realize that Obama is not infallible. No one is perfect. On this occasion, Obama stepped in it. Plain and simple. Following this speech, the liberal juggernaut went into overtime to re-characterize his remarks. People say stupid things on occasion.
I wouldn't say it was "stupid", but he did use bad phrasing. I knew right after he said it that the right wing would take it and run. If anything, he was guilty of giving the enemy free ammunition during a political campaign. It's not his fault the mouth breathers ate it up, though.

Old 01-15-2014, 08:34 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,663,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
i love a conspiracy as much as the next guy and I have zero respect for this administration, but I can't believe that notion.
What I do believe is that some blacks ops were going on there that would seriously embarrass Obama if they were disclosed.
Now, Fast and Furious and the 2nd Amendment, that's quite another matter. They're guilty with blood on their hands.

Never let a crisis go to waste - Ralm Emanuel

Old 01-15-2014, 08:56 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,204,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
At the time, so many youtube videos were coming out exposing obamas lies and the corruption in the administration. Leading up to an election. they were going to go after the first amendment.

Stevens was sacrificed, to create a crisis to go after our first amendment and ban videos they chose controversial.
I doubt Obama or the Obama Administration had anything to do with that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies