Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2014, 08:23 PM

2,234 posts, read 1,759,438 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
A state senator, isnt the same as a federal senator.
Who said it was. Either way he had 12 years experience and more political experience AND a better education than the Conservative hero Ronald Reagan. You all want to act as if the man walked off the street. It's utter BS. You can dislike the man's policies without resorting to stupidity you know?

Old 01-18-2014, 08:25 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
I can't see a liberal wishing death on someone because they don't like them..

If they call themselves liberals... well they don't know what they are talking about.

The worst i have seen is that sticker, i have seen a bunch of anti bush protesters in Chicago back in the day but the signs read things like "Honk for Peace" "Stay out of Iraq" "Impeach Bush"
Righties, put bumper stickers on their vehicles, and call for impeachments, lefties call for hangings, shootings, killings, and more of the President.

This cant be news to you..

Old 01-18-2014, 08:25 PM

26,497 posts, read 15,079,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
It's not that Obama "out Bushes Bush" - it's that Obama has no clue about how World Politics work or even how American Politics work - so he goes with what "Bush" did and then blames Bush.

The Obama "base" - kiddos, single & despondent women, Blacks, the Gay community and the Far Leftists .... don't care. Their mantra is "yes, he is a failure, BUT". They are emotionally tied to Obama and ALL Leftists because they can't ever admit they have failures. If their people have 'failures', then those who vote for them are 'failures' and that's unacceptable.

As for 9/11 - it wasn't that it happened that Bush got high approval ratings. It was that he was a real Leader in a time of Crisis. Obama will NEVER be that and everyone knows it. They know it around the world now. It's a major problem.
BINGO!!!

People are so emotionally tied to Obama that it is impossible to think critically about him. I have literally seen a high school teacher tell a student that Obama has not made a mistake as president and then repeat it when the student tried to challenge her.

Look at Jennifer Granholm, former governor of my state. She said that Drones under Bush caused more terrorists, violated other countries' air spaces unfairly, killed innocents, etc... Now we have more drones, flying out of more foreign drone bases into more countries killing more innocents and she now supports drones, because we can trust Obama!!! It is unreal - the hypocrisy of the brain dead sheep!

Old 01-18-2014, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoniDanko View Post
Who said it was. Either way he had 12 years experience and more political experience AND a better education than the Conservative hero Ronald Reagan. You all want to act as if the man walked off the street. It's utter BS.
he's never ONCE made a budget, not even as Senator..

The discussion isnt Reagan, and you dont even know how I feel about him, so move on with your rant.
Quote:
You can dislike the man's policies without resorting to stupidity you know?
I agree, but yet Democrats were shouting KILL BUSH...

Old 01-18-2014, 08:33 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,054,479 times
If the media would actually do their job and act like journalists, there would be a lot less of it.

We all know capable of investigating politicians....look at the Christie bridge scandal.

A free press is one of the foundations of America.....today, we have a press that is A) Love struck, B) Kissing ass so as to work for the administration or C) afraid of repercussions. (the weight of the IRS or justice department coming down on them)

Old 01-18-2014, 08:35 PM

8,016 posts, read 5,861,248 times
Quote:
12 years as a senator IS political experience and you're just embarrassing yourself, showing your bias, and how little you know about anything. You're allowing your hatred to over come any common sense you have left.

12 years as a STATE senator? Really? You know how "tough" of a job that is? Obama, at the same time he was performing the politically difficult job of "state senator" was a senior lecturer AND "of counsel" at a law firm. Sooooo......a state senator is also a senior lecturer and an of counsel at a law firm at the same time. Right.

And no, being a professor/teacher/senior lecturer does not equate to "leadership". Sure, you "lead" a class full of college kids....that doesn't count. And "lawyer"? "Community organizer"? Being governor of any state trumps ALL of Obama's political experience, because a governor actually has responsibilities, unlike a "state senator".

You're allowing your love of Obama to cloud your judgement. That's the problem with the two-party platform -- it creates rabid dogs that cannot see the faults of their own leaders.

Old 01-18-2014, 08:38 PM

1,935 posts, read 4,777,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post

Seems like some people have a little unhealthy obsession, even posters on here.

What is the deal? even liberals didnt cry this much when Bush was presidient.

and i'm a Conservative so don't go calling me some liberal.
Liberals are not intelligent. That's the huge difference between liberals and conservatives, and that's why they didn't "cry that much" when Bush 43 was elected. Ann Coulter titled one of her books very aptly - "If Democrats Had Any Brains, They'd Be Republicans". Some liberals may possess high intellectual capacity but intelligence is not all about your capacity - it's how you use what you have. A full Dixie cup still contains more water than an empty gallon jug. People who use their brains become conservatives. (A liberal-leaning friend of mine even gave me this line he heard somewhere - "if you're young and you aren't liberal, you have no heart; if you're old and you're not conservative, you have no brain". Whenever heart trumps brain, trouble ensues.)

I don't care if you're a Republican or not... it's not Republican vs. Democrat, it's conservative vs. liberal.

Obama is an idiot and the conservatives, who ARE intelligent, recognize this and they have commensurate hatred for eight years of a total idiot at the helm who, instead of RUNNING our country, is RUINING our country.

Bush wasn't that great either but liberals, lacking intelligence, have no reasonable frame of reference to use in declaring Bush to be an idiot. As a conservative, Bush's functional intelligence exceeded that of every last liberal out there, so the liberals couldn't really figure out what to say... they attacked his intelligence because they couldn't think of anything else to attack, which was funny then but sure has given us the last laugh these days. (Seen on billboards in many places - pictures of Bush 43 with the words "Miss me yet?" or "How's that hope and change working out for you?")

And then the liberals doubled down on it by re-electing the idiot in 2012! That is enough to infuriate any conservative. Four years was bad enough... SURELY people won't vote for this idiot AGAIN... and then in spite of all logic and rationality, it happened!

So at least if those of us with functioning brains can't out-vote the brain-dead liberals and put a smart person in office, we can exercise what little freedom of speech we still have left to express our extreme distaste for the travesty that has been foisted upon us for the last five years and will continue to torture us for at least another three... and for the staining legacy it's going to leave which may never be fully removable.

Old 01-18-2014, 08:47 PM

2,234 posts, read 1,759,438 times
Quote:
he's never ONCE made a budget, not even as Senator..
Oh so the argument isn't that he had no experience anymore. How it's that he's not qualified because he didn't pass a budget? He never was in charge of the military before, or commerce, or national security... Then again, just about all of the U.S. presidents were not before being elected. The appoint cabinet members who specialize and advise. That's why presidents have a Department of State, Department of the Treasury, Department of Defense, Department of Justice, Department of Agriculture, Department of Commerce, Department of Labor, Department of Health and Human Services, Department of Homeland Security, etc secretaries.

Quote:
The discussion isnt Reagan, and you dont even know how I feel about him, so move on with your rant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
Name 5 Republican -- or hell, for that matter, Democrat -- presidents in recent memory that Obama was more qualified than to be president.
I do not care about how you feel about Reagan and Reagan IS a part of the discussion that you butted into. The fact is that Obama was not just some Harvard educated community organizer that just appeared one day off of the streets. The fact is that Obama had 12 years political experience, and has had more experience than other past presidents. You all can knit pick all you like, but it's still B.S.

Old 01-18-2014, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Oh so the argument isn't that he had no experience anymore. How it's that he's not qualified because he didn't pass a budget? He never was in charge of the military before, or commerce, or national security... Then again, just about all of the U.S. presidents were not before being elected. The appoint cabinet members who specialize and advise. That's why presidents have a Department of State, Department of the Treasury, Department of Defense, Department of Justice, Department of Agriculture, Department of Commerce, Department of Labor, Department of Health and Human Services, Department of Homeland Security, etc secretaries.
So its your argument that the President doesnt need to be qualified for their position...

Thats some standard you got there.. Maybe next election you can nominate the guy who mops the floor at McDonalds..
Quote:
I do not care about how you feel about Reagan and Reagan IS a part of the discussion that you butted into. The fact is that Obama was not just some Harvard educated community organizer that just appeared one day off of the streets. The fact is that Obama had 12 years political experience, and has had more experience than other past presidents. You all can knit pick all you like, but it's still B.S.
Bush was highly educated as well, and lefties called him an idiot.. Why do you hold different standards?

I agree, its BS, but YOU are the one peddling it...

Old 01-18-2014, 08:58 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
How do you know that the person who put those bumper stickers on the car lives in Arizona?

The owner could live in another state yet have Arizona plates.

Alternatively, someone could have entered Arizona and put all those stickers on the bumper without the knowledge of the owner.

Liberals seem to have an irrational hatred of the 48th state.

Harrier wants to know why.
Stop it.

You don't know anything about this state. And please, don't pretend to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies