Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2014, 05:30 PM

807 posts, read 1,353,778 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
One thing I don't like about marijuana is that it is smoked and the smoke goes everywhere. If you smoke it in a house, it deposits on surfaces. If you smoke it outside, people down wind are exposed. My family has a history of marijuana induced schizophrenia and I really don't want to breathe what others exhale or touch surfaces in their homes where they've smoked the stuff. How do I protect myself against something my neighbor smokes?
You have to be kidding. If not, wow. Do you ever stop to think about all the toxic exhaust fumes you inhale on a daily basis driving on the road? Probably not, but you're worried about your neighbor smoking a joint on his back porch? Oh and Alcohol is a drug too, so yes you have done a drug. Just because it's "legal" doesn't mean it's not a drug. It affects you mentally and physically.

Anyway, people are going to go to work high if marijuana is legal or not. Do you not think people get high off of percocets, xanax or any other prescription drug for that matter before going into work? Doctors are one of the biggest drug dealers there is.

I'm 28 and have career in IT. I pay my taxes, my house is paid for, both my vehicles are paid for and I consume marijuana on a daily basis. I know more people that smoke than not. There are a lot of people out there that smoke that you don't realize. We can be sneaky.

Old 02-01-2014, 05:31 PM

2,172 posts, read 1,453,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
As I have said, only for brain addled burnouts.

Yes, no guns of any kind for brain addled burnouts.
And you're willing to give up your guns for the cause as a show of support. Kudos....
Like you said - no brain addled burnouts.

Old 02-01-2014, 05:32 PM

2,950 posts, read 1,637,619 times
Quote:
Really? Think again.
http://www.currentpsychiatry.com/ind...2661&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=172136

Can marijuana cause psychosis? | Debate.org

Psychosis Triggered by Smoking Pot? Marijuana Study Says Yes - CBS News

And I saved the best for last.

Your school shooters may have been dope addled fiends.

So I say, gun ownership by marijuana users should be banned.

A Case of Insanity: Diagnostic Relevance in the Shadow of Columbine

A quote from the one of your links I read:

"it is unclear whether cannabis can precipitate a chronic psychotic disorder that would not have occurred without its use."

Even your link says there is no definitive evidence of marijuana causing psychosis.

Old 02-01-2014, 05:32 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,731,507 times
Quote:
As I have said, only for brain addled burnouts.

Yes, no guns of any kind for brain addled burnouts.
everybody that does opiate pain killers alcohol should not be allowed to own a gun based on you logic

Old 02-01-2014, 05:33 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
It makes sense to me that obtaining a drug, any drug, illegally would be a gateway simply because of opportunity.

The ONLY thing that comes close to making marijuana a gateway drug is those who try it soon learn how badly you and the rest of the Reefer Madness crowd have been lying to them and have no fear of trying other drugs, believing you've probably lied about those drugs too.

Old 02-01-2014, 05:34 PM

2,950 posts, read 1,637,619 times
Quote:
I believe it. I used to work both the pharmacy counter and the liquor counter at a drug store. I wasn't allowed to cash welfare checks at the liquor counter. People would line up at the pharmacy to get their checks cashed and then walk right over to the liquor counter to by liquor and lottery tickets. It wouldn't surprise me if they'd step up to drugs if they can get them.

One thing I don't like about marijuana is that it is smoked and the smoke goes everywhere. If you smoke it in a house, it deposits on surfaces. If you smoke it outside, people down wind are exposed. My family has a history of marijuana induced schizophrenia and I really don't want to breathe what others exhale or touch surfaces in their homes where they've smoked the stuff. How do I protect myself against something my neighbor smokes?
I think that's more of a genetic thing. But if you have to blame marijuana to make yourself feel better...

Old 02-01-2014, 05:38 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,731,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
SOURCE? Or just more self-serving BS?

just more bs by a dying breed of old fuddy duddies

Old 02-01-2014, 07:21 PM

30,358 posts, read 51,942,966 times
Quote:
Agreed. Contact highs are an issue. If MJ is legal, how do I stop myself from being exposed to my neighbor's smoke? You can be around people who are drinking without drinking yourself. You cannot be around people who are smoking without breathing in the smoke.

Seriously, we can't handle the drug that is legal that doesn't give a contact high. Why in the world would we want one that does?
Contact highs are a myth, unless you're literally sucking in their smoke (what we call "shot gunning" - even that is questionably effective). Maybe if you knew the facts, you would actually be able to approach this issue from a more reasonable standpoint. Facts, schmacts.

Old 02-01-2014, 07:23 PM

Quote:
If you need drugs to make you happy, there is something seriously wrong. Drugs are an escape. A way of self medicating.

As my grandmother used to say "Happiness is a choice". You can choose to be happy or choose not to be happy. Choosing to medicate your life away isn't good for anyone but it is telling about how pathetic your life is.
Who here said they NEED drugs to be happy? Just because something is enjoyable, that doesn't mean anyone NEEDS it to find happiness. I like cupcakes, and would be really mad if they were made illegal... does that mean I'm incapable of enjoying life without them?

You know what is pathetic? Worrying about how other people spend their time & money, and telling other adults they're "pathetic" for doing something you don't personally like. I don't give a crap how you spend your free time and/or money, why do you care how we spend ours? Ever heard of freedom? Apparently that's a dirty word for you guys.

And in case you missed the memo, marijuana has been proven as an effective treatment for many medical conditions - so there are some people who use it therapeutically, just as you probably use some meds to be more comfortable. Oh wait, aren't you the one who admitted to using Xanax (Valium?) and booze to sleep/relax almost every night? If that was you, all I can say is that people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. LOL, what hypocrisy.

Old 02-01-2014, 07:35 PM

Quote:
It is an issue but unlike MJ, you can give someone a breathalyzer test and determine if they have been drinking. With MJ, the determination of whether someone is high on the job is subjective. Back when I was a supervisor, I could ask for a breathalyzer test if I thought an employee was drinking on the job. What am I to do with an employee I think is high on the job if I claim he's too high to work and he claims he's actually sober and only testing positive because he smoked a joint last night?

The lack of a field sobriety test alone is enough reason to not legalize MJ.
They already developed such a test, so what your excuse now? Hehe...

Smell the Truth » Los Angeles Using Pot Breathalyzers at New Year’s DUI Checkpoints

(I love that we can now counter this tired argument - and I had a better link from the .gov, but will have to dig it up)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies