Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2014, 09:43 AM

10,581 posts, read 9,785,325 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
We are still in awe about Budweiser's commercial with the horse and the puppy.
That was cute, but still just a warmed-over version of the horse and the trainer from a few years back.

Better than the Bud frogs, but still doesn't hold a candle to the horses playing football.

Old 02-03-2014, 09:46 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
Your post to me is completely irrelevant.
yours have a least a certain amount of comedic value to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
In other words, that posters words are completely true & you have nothing to refute it.
lol. go ahead and make up whatever it is that makes you feel better. interesting that you agree that it's 'completely true' that the poster in question self-assigns as xenophobic and racist

Old 02-03-2014, 09:54 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,297,969 times
Sadly, these kinds of fear based emotions rests in the hearts of all human beings. The gut feeling that those people are different from us so they are a threat is a very base human thing.

In this nation, we have a particular demographic of Americans that are terrified. To them this "foreign" and strange President was elected twice.

They see the demography of this nation changing and they are terrified.

These kinds of irrational over reactions to a commercial is all about those larger fears.

Really, I feel bad for them, because this fear and loathing of America won't get better for them.

They really feel and believe that they are losing something, that something is being taken from them by these people and there is nothing they can do about it but whine about commercials.

Old 02-03-2014, 09:54 AM

7,605 posts, read 4,846,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud2beAMom View Post
Another way to look at this commercial is that these are shots of people all over the world, drinking coke and singing about how beautiful America is in their native language. Who said that they were suppoed to represent foreign language Americans in the U.S? It could have easily represented others from around the world drinking a product imported to them from America singing about how beautiful our country is.. ever think about that?

We just assumed that they were HERE in America singing that song in their language.. but it was generic images and could be of any city or place in the world ....
Perhaps it didn't come through in the Commercial, but they are Americans singing.

Coca-Cola - It's Beautiful - Behind the Scenes - YouTube

Old 02-03-2014, 09:56 AM

15,866 posts, read 21,445,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud2beAMom View Post
Another way to look at this commercial is that these are shots of people all over the world, drinking coke and singing about how beautiful America is in their native language. Who said that they were suppoed to represent foreign language Americans in the U.S? It could have easily represented others from around the world drinking a product imported to them from America singing about how beautiful our country is.. ever think about that?

We just assumed that they were HERE in America singing that song in their language.. but it was generic images and could be of any city or place in the world ....
All of the children who sang in foreign languages appeared to be US citizens who speak English and their heritage language fluently (and without accent based on the languages I know).

We can't be sure what the intent was. But I can tell you that these kids are more likely to find gainful employment with their linguistic skills than the average child of the complainers.

Old 02-03-2014, 09:58 AM

577 posts, read 436,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
All of the children who sang in foreign languages appeared to be US citizens who speak English and their heritage language fluently (and without accent based on the languages I know).

We can't be sure what the intent was. But I can tell you that these kids are more likely to find gainful employment with their linguistic skills than the average child of the complainers.
Oh. .I totally agree.. I loved the commercial and thought it was beautiful. Hell ,I wish I spoke more than jut english.. I"d make a killing doing translation services for international companies.. Been thinking of taking up one.. but nto sure which one..

Old 02-03-2014, 10:00 AM

16,294 posts, read 28,534,911 times
I would really like to know if all the people that took the time out of their day to forward a tweet in their false indignation actually took the time to vote during the last election.

We are a nation of immigrants, that is an historical fact.

Today we are also a nation of selfish self-absorbed whiney butts.

Old 02-03-2014, 10:02 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,706,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
I would really like to know if all the people that took the time out of their day to forward a tweet in their false indignation actually took the time to vote during the last election.

We are a nation of immigrants, that is an historical fact.

Today we are also a nation of selfish self-absorbed whiney butts.
Summed it up perfectly.

Old 02-03-2014, 10:06 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
funny, none of these irish-americans or italian-americans i meet are speaking gaelic or italian
Yet they are still attach themselves to their heritage, thus attaching Irish and Italian to American means they are showing a fifty-fifty support between nations. The point being is that there is nothing wrong with being proud of where you came from and wishing to continue those heritages that were a part of one's culture.

Also those that don't speak their homeland language it is because of two reasons, one you don't speak their language so why would they speak to you in that language or two they have been so far removed from their heritage that they now speak the language that is native to where they currently live. The same thing that happened with the Italians and Irish is the same thing that will happen with the Hispanics and Latinos.

Old 02-03-2014, 10:08 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,256,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
"And crown thy good with brotherhood From sea to shining sea!"

It is amazing to me that some people would take issue with this.

Coca-Cola - It's Beautiful in Tagalog - YouTube
Beautiful video!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies