Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2014, 06:27 AM

62,976 posts, read 29,170,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
It was far different than that iconic Coke commercial, "I'd like to teach the world to sing", in which people of many different races and ethnicities were presented- good song, nice cheery thought. In this commercial, it was clearly a far leftist view of America in which there are no white people.

This commerical is probably one (of the many) subtle propaganda pieces that we will see which will "persuade" the American public that legalization of illegal immigrants is simply "an American tradition"!
You're right and progressive liberals are trying to shove diversity and foreign languages down our throats. It is not an American "tradition" to reward millions of foreigners here illegally just because it was done during the Reagan era.

Seems anything will do to dilute our identity as a nation, our culture and our language and even our basis as a Christian nation along with the teachings of Christianity. I couldn't care less about what race one is, however. It's about all of the above.

Old 02-03-2014, 06:30 AM

30,075 posts, read 18,678,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
^^^ perfect example of irrational

"Irrational"?

Hey- I just hated the commerical, as it was a political statement. If you could not see it as that, then you are blind. Such commercials are TERRIBLE for the product, as they alienate customers by taking a controversial political stand. A wise advertising campaign does not set out to alienate HALF of the customers.

Old 02-03-2014, 06:31 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,198,674 times
Quote:
"Irrational"?

Hey- I just hated the commerical, as it was a political statement. Such commercials are TERRIBLE for the product, as they alienate customers by taking a controversial political stand. A wise advertising campaign does not set out to alienate HALF of the customers.
Does that mean you are boycotting Coke?

Old 02-03-2014, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
It was a commercial. One of many that I feel weren't super bowl caliber.
Exactly, I was more disappointed in the fact that they felt like just plain old commercials and nothing special.

Old 02-03-2014, 06:33 AM

30,075 posts, read 18,678,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Does that mean you are boycotting Coke?

"boycotting"?

I am sure that Coke does not care what I think. However, yes........... when I see a company making a political statement that I do not agree with, I no longer use that product.

While Coke certainly does not care what I think, they probably care what many millions of Americans think. Again, a good advertising campaign does not seek to alienate or offend the customer base.

It was one thing to be subjected to a terrible, one sided game, but another to be subjected to politically based commericals.

Old 02-03-2014, 06:34 AM

15,640 posts, read 10,398,506 times
"In the first place we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the man's becoming in every fact an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here.

Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag, and this excludes the red flag, which symbolizes all wars against liberty and civilization, just as much as it excludes any foreign flag of a nation to which we are hostile...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Old 02-03-2014, 06:37 AM

Quote:
"boycotting"?

I am sure that Coke does not care what I think. However, yes........... when I see a company making a political statement that I do not agree with, I no longer use that product.

While Coke certainly does not care what I think, they probably care what many millions of Americans think. Again, a good advertising campaign does not seek to alienate or offend the customer base.

It was one thing to be subjected to a terrible, one sided game, but another to be subjected to politically based commericals.
How dare you go against capitalism! Isn't that what you right wingers say when someone doesn't like something about a product? I think it is funny how much you right wingers obsess over a 30 second commercial during a blowout of a Super Bowl. I would actually have to watch the commercial again because I barely even remember it now.

Old 02-03-2014, 06:39 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,289,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
And for the rest of us normal people it was just a mehh commercial.

We are still in awe about Budweiser's commercial with the horse and the puppy.
The puppy was the star!

To the topic, a teeny tiny fraction of vocal idiots on a twitter message board complaining is not a controversy.

Old 02-03-2014, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
"In the first place we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the man's becoming in every fact an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here.

Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag, and this excludes the red flag, which symbolizes all wars against liberty and civilization, just as much as it excludes any foreign flag of a nation to which we are hostile...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907
Theodore Roosevelt on Immigrants - Urban Legends

He didn't say that while he was president, he said that in his later years in a letter he wrote in 1919.

Old 02-03-2014, 06:43 AM

15,866 posts, read 21,452,288 times
Quote:
This commerical is probably one (of the many) subtle propaganda pieces that we will see which will "persuade" the American public that legalization of illegal immigrants is simply "an American tradition"!
The trouble is, all of the children singing in foreign languages ARE American. The Coke Youtube channel features videos on all of them - each speak at least 2 languages flawlessly by 12 years old.

And the girl singing in Spanish? Puerto Rican . Newsflash: They're Americans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies