Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2007, 08:41 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,482,490 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
For Reps, politics is a burdensome task. For Dems, it's a self-affirming process...
And you would take this as a plus for Republicans? Let's give the job to people who can't actually handle it all?

Government doesn't work! Elect us, and we'll prove it!
-- The Republicans
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2007, 08:47 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,337,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
And you would take this as a plus for Republicans? Let's give the job to people who can't actually handle it all?

Government doesn't work! Elect us, and we'll prove it!
-- The Republicans
While you prefer:

Government makes us feel better! Elect us, and we'll give you a cookie!
-- The Democrats

Old 12-01-2007, 09:25 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,142,387 times
Somewhat offtopic here:

Between the two Roosevelt administrations; the roles between the Dem's and GOP parties reversed.

Remember the Dixiecrats? They were pro Jim Crow and big money------not exactly a stereotypical modern Democrat platform.

Teddy would be a moderate Democrat my today's standards.

Old 12-01-2007, 09:30 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,128,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
The problem is that many Democrats make running for office part of their therapy.
haha.. that was good.. Even more accurate might be that

Democrats make voting Democratic part of their therapy, because it makes them feel all good inside..

Old 12-01-2007, 02:29 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,260,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
According to the article, they are relying on self reporting, NOT looking into the details themselves so their findings aren't worth the paper they are written on.
Yes, that is what a gallop poll is. . . it is self-reporting. Please explain how this negates the findings?

The article is not stating that republicans are more mentally fit than others, just that they rate themselves higher than others. It says a lot. They feel they are in a good place mentally. . . not whining, complaining etc. What's the old saying. . . perception is reality.

Old 12-01-2007, 03:10 PM

5,407 posts, read 7,796,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky1 View Post
. It says a lot. They feel they are in a good place mentally. . . not whining, complaining etc.
Well...unless it is about Spanish speakers or homosexuals or pro-death abortionists or Christmas stealers or Muslims or environmental wackos or any people "different" than they are....I guess they don't whine or complain too much.

Old 12-01-2007, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post
Well...unless it is about Spanish speakers or homosexuals or pro-death abortionists or Christmas stealers or Muslims or any people "different" than they are....I guess they don't whine or complain too much.
Thanks for the contribution to the forum. Same same same. . .

Old 12-01-2007, 03:12 PM

5,407 posts, read 7,796,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky1 View Post
Thanks for the contribution to the forum. Same same same. . .
Pot calling the kettle...

Old 12-01-2007, 03:14 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,482,490 times
Quote:
Well...unless it is about Spanish speakers or homosexuals or pro-death abortionists or Christmas stealers or Muslims or any people "different" than they are....I guess they don't whine or complain too much.
LOL...that sounds like the short list to me! I owe you a rep as soon as c-d let's me give you another one...

Old 12-01-2007, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Pot calling the kettle...
Not really. You evidentally missed the entire point. . . If republicans are saying they feel OK mentally then they are indeed not whining. That is all I said. And then you have to reply with your sarcasm, that contributed nil other than to put down republicans which is same same same!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies