Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2014, 08:38 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,329,746 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
Find it yourself.

If you wanted to know, you would already know. But you don't, you only want to post the propaganda from the party.
Lol! So you've got nothing. Lame, very lame.
...and you have the gall to say other people always lie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2014, 08:39 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,972,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
Are you a scientist?
No, I'm someone with exceptional analytic skills. If i were employed in "research" for some academic or government institution being directed to find evidence to support the desired outcome, you could call me a "scientist".

Quote:
I ask, because I am not a scientist.
I suggest you research exactly what a 'scientist' is and who employs them.

Quote:
Since I am not a scientist, I have to rely on people who are to tell me about global warming. And the overwhelming majority of scientists, from all over the world, affirm that global warming is real and that human activities are driving it.
Naw, I'm just a regular guy, who happens to have been a crack expert in a few fields only to discover the so-called 'experts' in every one of them isn't. I have learned not to allow others to think for me. I suggest you do the same. If you don't know enough to know for yourself, don't believe other people.

Quote:
Why do you believe a handful of climate cranks, talk radio hosts and bought-and-paid-for shills of the fossil fuel industry instead of every reputable scientist on the planet?
I don't.

I happen to know that the number of actual "climate scientists" is very, very small, and even among them there is extreme division on what they think. And when external critics examine their work, they find gross errors in analysis, methodology, math, etc.

In other words... the micro-sized "industry" of global warming hasn't any credibility.

Old 02-19-2014, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
I found the numbers and they don't back up your lie, which I have found to be a common trait from you, so I am not surprised your numbers are founded in fiction, just like my unicorn farm.
Ooh...I knit festive unicorn horn warmers! Call me.

Old 02-19-2014, 08:43 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,193,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
Before the ACA those price increases were economic freedom.

Now those same price increases are slavery caused by the ACA.

conservatives don't care about reality when it comes to public policy.
That pretty much sums it up right there, but then again they are just gonna call you an obamabot or whatever because you keep punching holes in their lies.

Old 02-19-2014, 08:45 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,193,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Ooh...I knit festive unicorn horn warmers! Call me.
If you also knit unicorn head and horn warmers that match those festive sweaters, then you got yourself a new contract.

Old 02-19-2014, 08:46 PM

So, rates for Obamacare policies for about 10% of the population have been published - from them we can determine what the risk pools look like to the insurance industry and thus, what rates (and deductibles, etc) will have to do, in terms of overall revenue, in order to pay claims.

And you provide me with articles talking about how trends far older than the reality of today.... and make the claim it proves that I'm wrong about the present, which just arrived.

You just can't seem to even lie convincingly. Perhaps it's simply because there's no plausible way anything you're saying is true.

Old 02-19-2014, 08:46 PM

Family health insurance premiums more than doubled between 1999 and 2009, far outpacing the growth in workers’ earnings and overall inflation. The Figure, from EPI’s forthcoming State of Working America Web site, plots the rise in health insurance premiums against both inflation and hourly earnings for nonsupervisory and production workers, who comprise 80 percent of the private-sector workforce.
Chart shows staggering rise in health insurance costs

Damn that Obama! It takes some spectacular wizardry to go back in time to 1999 and make insurance rates skyrocket.

Old 02-19-2014, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post

Family health insurance premiums more than doubled between 1999 and 2009, far outpacing the growth in workers’ earnings and overall inflation. The Figure, from EPI’s forthcoming State of Working America Web site, plots the rise in health insurance premiums against both inflation and hourly earnings for nonsupervisory and production workers, who comprise 80 percent of the private-sector workforce.
Chart shows staggering rise in health insurance costs

Damn that Obama! It takes some spectacular wizardry to go back in time to 1999 and make insurance rates skyrocket.
Amazing. The dishonesty you exhibit...

Is stunning.

The immediate, proven massive hikes in insurance rates ARE NOT UP FOR DEBATE, they are real and factual.

And you're talking about rates from 15 and 5 years ago, as proof that what just happened... didn't happen.

I'm sorry, nobody here is stupid enough to believe you. Nobody.

Old 02-19-2014, 08:50 PM

Quote:
No, I'm someone with exceptional analytic skills. If i were employed in
"research" for some academic or government institution being directed to find
evidence to support the desired outcome, you could call me a
"scientist".
Unless you can come up with something to back your claims, you're someone with exceptional story-telling skills.

Old 02-19-2014, 08:50 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,299,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
That pretty much sums it up right there, but then again they are just gonna call you an obamabot or whatever because you keep punching holes in their lies.
It is fine to disagree, but this whole thing in which conservative analysis of public policy has very little relation to reality is truly astonishing.

It has been widely reported that health care spending growth rate has slowed for a couple of yrs now.

In conservative land this reality doesn't exist.

It has been known that the cost of health insurance policies were rapidly increasing year over year for a very long time, which is why the uninsured population was growing because fewer and fewer employers could afford those price increases.

Yet conservative policy analysis of health insurance costs pretends these price increases for health insurance weren't taking place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies