Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2014, 09:52 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,973,518 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by emcee squared View Post
Whatever I say it is.
So, what do you say it is?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2014, 10:06 PM

6,512 posts, read 7,553,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
So, what do you say it is?
Dumb.

It is my opinion and my generalization. Prove me wrong.

Do you see where this is going? I am constructing an argument without any merit. I have an opinion, but am neglecting to provide appropriate evidence. If I could prove conservatives are dumb, I would have, but I can't. Therefore, I make jabs and counterpoints to make myself think I know better, even though I can't prove anything.

You said:
Quote:
The same liberals who insist that a few instances of perverse or unusual weather means it's "proof" that global warming is destroying the planet...

Insist that when 90% of everyone experience dramatically increased health insurance rates it isn't evidence that Obamacare is bad.
I am a liberal. I haven't insisted that a few instances of perverse or unusual weather means it's "proof" that global warming is destroying the planet. Nor have I insisted that when 90% of everyone experience dramatically increased health insurance rates it isn't evidence that Obamacare is bad.

Old 02-19-2014, 10:06 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,198,674 times
Quote:
The guy who says I am raising unicorns is complaining about 'wild claims'.

If I didn't laugh at that kind of stupidity, I'd be depressed.
No, I compared your wild claims to raising unicorns. There's a difference.

Old 02-19-2014, 10:07 PM

Quote:
No, it's real simple.

I'm talking about the current leap in the cost of insurance premiums

you're talking about historical overall health care spending.

They're not even the same subject.
The current leap that you have no proof of, nor can you explain the previous leaps in cost that have been happening with insurance long before Obama was the president.

Old 02-19-2014, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetailSymbolizes View Post
Do you have proof that it's something else? Let's see them links.
My proof is the lack of proof the OP has with his wild claims.

Old 02-19-2014, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emcee squared View Post
Dumb.

It is my opinion and my generalization. Prove me wrong.
And when asked what criteria YOU use, you call me "dumb".

Of course it's your opinion. And your judgment. And when asked what basis that judgment is based on, you start attacking me. You asked me to refute your judgment, but you can't tell me what evidence is required to prove you wrong, since you don't seem to be able to state what evidence you made that judgment on in the first place.

It's why I don't play your "prove me wrong" or "prove you're right" games with people like you.

You haven't got any "goalposts", and you don't even bother to move them, you just declare everything to be a failure or "not proof", since you refuse to set any objective means of measurement.

Note, I did not insist you use MY standard of judgment. I did not insist you accept MY argument. You gave up the moment I asked you for your standard, to USE YOURS.

Which demonstrates my original premise - that you have no rational approach to what you say and what you argue and will contradict your own "logic" at whim, without a second thought.

Old 02-19-2014, 10:22 PM

Quote:
And when asked what criteria YOU use, you call me "dumb".

Of course it's your opinion. And your judgment. And when asked what basis that judgment is based on, you start attacking me. You asked me to refute your judgment, but you can't tell me what evidence is required to prove you wrong, since you don't seem to be able to state what evidence you made that judgment on in the first place.

It's why I don't play your "prove me wrong" or "prove you're right" games with people like you.

You haven't got any "goalposts", and you don't even bother to move them, you just declare everything to be a failure or "not proof", since you refuse to set any objective means of measurement.

Note, I did not insist you use MY standard of judgment. I did not insist you accept MY argument. You gave up the moment I asked you for your standard, to USE YOURS.

Which demonstrates my original premise - that you have no rational approach to what you say and what you argue and will contradict your own "logic" at whim, without a second thought.
Basically you just stated everything that was wrong with your OP, and the funny part is I bet you didn't even realize it.

Old 02-19-2014, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
The current leap that you have no proof of, nor can you explain the previous leaps in cost that have been happening with insurance long before Obama was the president.
Yeah... just like you have no proof of global warming caused by man... Right?

There is NO industry analyst claiming that premiums have done anything BUT go up dramatically overall... there are only POLITICAL pundits or political acitivists who claim it's "not true", but then can't point to any data that contradicts THE SOLID DATA provided.

I already used the other guy to demonstrate why I don't bother to provide you any evidence, since you are NOT an evidence based person. ( No liberal is)

Old 02-19-2014, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
No, I compared your wild claims to raising unicorns. There's a difference.
No, you did not.

Here's what you said:

Quote:
I didn't realize you got into the unicorn ranching business, but clearly with this BS claim you are making you must have.
No, you made no comparison whatsoever.

You just declared I raised unicorns. Nothing else.

Old 02-19-2014, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Yeah... just like you have no proof of global warming caused by man... Right?

There is NO industry analyst claiming that premiums have done anything BUT go up dramatically overall... there are only POLITICAL pundits or political acitivists who claim it's "not true", but then can't point to any data that contradicts THE SOLID DATA provided.

I already used the other guy to demonstrate why I don't bother to provide you any evidence, since you are NOT an evidence based person. ( No liberal is)
I have never made a claim that global warming is caused by man, I do believe there is plenty of data that show global warming is happening, and I do think it is important for us not to pollute our drinking water, food supply, and air quality because those are the three things we need to live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies