Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2014, 05:17 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
That pretty much the tax threshold change for the Alternative Minimum Tax that was instituted back in the 1980's to tax what at the time were considered "rich".
$200k is NOT $1Million or $1Billing no matter how you spin it.

Old 03-06-2014, 05:17 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
Could you please explain how the following is a good thing for America?

Romney's Economic Plan Includes $6.6 Trillion Tax Cut For The Rich And Corporations | ThinkProgress

Note: The above tax cuts would have added $6.6 trillion dollars to our deficits and national debt.

How do republican supply side tax cuts help America?
A 6.6 trillion tax.cut doesn't add $6.6 trillion to the debt. It could add more or it could create additional revenue like when Kennedy cut taxes.

This really shouldn't still have to be explained though.

Old 03-06-2014, 05:18 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,824,055 times
Quote:

Romney's Economic Plan Includes $6.6 Trillion Tax Cut For The Rich And Corporations | ThinkProgress

Note: The above tax cuts would have added $6.6 trillion dollars to our deficits and national debt.

They create jobs. Usually the jobs are high quality ones that pay well and can sustain a family, keep them off of welfare, turn that family into a tax payer repaying the reduction to the corporation in increased income/other taxes at the federal, state and local level.

Now for this to work the economy needs to be predictable, business needs to know that they are not going to get gouged with further taxes/regulations. That is why Obamacare has been so bad for this nation, business does not know what is going on because Obama changes things on a whim, so business just sits on their reserves, does not reinvest and the economy stagnates.

Unlike bottom up economics where the welfare checks fund more low skill jobs like cashiers and waiters.

Old 03-06-2014, 05:18 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Quote:

LOL ThinkProgress was voted “Best Liberal Blog” in the 2006 Weblog Awards and chosen as an Official Honoree in the 2009 and 2012

In other words ThinkProgress is liberal propaganda to convince the useful tools. Chad they are taking you for a fool and they are right obviously

Old 03-06-2014, 05:21 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,655,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Chad, who is earning $4 billion per year? Don't confuse wealth with income.
I really was confusing wealth with income.

I just edited my post #52, and I replaced $4 billion with $100 million.

Thanks,
Chad.

Old 03-06-2014, 05:22 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,115,793 times
Quote:
He could not be more correct. Republicans spit in the face of the poor, low income workers, middle class, and small businesses. And at the same time they hand out trillions of dollars to the rich.

Republicans oppose welfare for the poor, and they oppose high min wages for low income workers.
They oppose tax credits for low income workers.
They oppose long unemployment benefits.
They oppose healthcare for all.

They oppose tax cuts for the middle class.
Senate Republicans Block Middle Class Tax Cut
Obama: Republicans blocking middle-class tax cuts - CSMonitor.com

They oppose tax cuts, aid, and lending for small businesses.
https://www.americanexpress.com/us/s...ss-tax-breaks/
http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2010/07/...mall-business/
Republicans Block Small-Business Lending Measure - Bloomberg

Republicans oppose everything, unless its something like this $6.6 trillion dollar tax cut for the rich.

I know from past conversations with you that you're pretty much in the tank too deep for recovery, but perhaps you missed this portion of my post that you quoted:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Logical people (those you call "the right-wing") don't take umbrage at people simply because they're wealthy. The "left-wing" does. Why? I have no idea. Perhaps it's because that's what they're conditioned to do by their friends and those whom they respect that are in leadership positions.
Think about that a bit. Let it sink in, and then ask yourself exactly why it is that you despise people with a lot of money so much.

While you're partaking in that introspection, consider whether it's the size of their bank account that you despise so much, or their political positions, or what, exactly it is. If it's purely political, then you just feel hate for anyone who disagrees with you, regardless of their financial means. Those with big money are just easy targets for the lazy. If it's the money, ask yourself why you only attack those who disagree with you politically - I've NEVER seen you attack any of the extremely wealthy leftists, but you're ALL OVER anyone who identifies as Republican or conservative.

The double standards you demonstrate here are, sadly, par for the course on this forum, but that doesn't excuse your use of them.

Old 03-06-2014, 05:26 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,655,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
LOL ThinkProgress was voted “Best Liberal Blog” in the 2006 Weblog Awards and chosen as an Official Honoree in the 2009 and 2012

In other words ThinkProgress is liberal propaganda to convince the useful tools. Chad they are taking you for a fool and they are right obviously
Can you provide any evidence showing how ThinkProgress publishes lies and propaganda?

Old 03-06-2014, 05:28 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,317,235 times
Quote:
I really was confusing wealth with income.

I just edited my post #52, and I replaced $4 billion with $100 million.

Thanks,
Chad.
That's more like it.

And those who are earning $100 million per year are paying a lot in taxes.

Old 03-06-2014, 05:30 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Can you provide any evidence showing how ThinkProgress publishes lies and propaganda?
I did. You ignored it. Address my previous post.

Old 03-06-2014, 05:54 PM

59,088 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikBEggs View Post
This is no strawman. I want these graphs justified.

The right-wing has a blind adoration of the ultra-rich. I'm asking for a reasonable explanation.
" I'm asking for a reasonable explanation" First, no you aren't.

Second, have you quit beating your wife yet?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies