Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2014, 01:36 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberal01 View Post
I don't think I ever saw a cohesive explanation, all I see is protecting the interests of dealers.
Obviously you are one who see's only what you want to see.

Quote:
Nobody is undercutting anybody. People will always have a choice where they want to take their cars for repairs. I don't understand how someone so bent on the conservative agenda of letting the market work things out insists n thef government keeping the manufacturers from selling their products directly to the public through regulations.

All you do here is show your narrow mindedness. Is it me being against the death penalty that makes my agenda conservative? Making its my anti-war stance? No it must be my support for gay marriage. That's it isn't it? Damn, you got me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2014, 01:40 PM

259 posts, read 151,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
. Obviously you are one who see's only what you want to see.
So explain to me how adding a middleman to a car selling process helps the consumer?

Quote:
All you do here is show your narrow mindedness. Is it me being against the death penalty that makes my agenda conservative? Making its my anti-war stance? No it must be my support for gay marriage. That's it isn't it? Damn, you got me.
Ok, my bad. I thought you're a conservative.

Old 03-12-2014, 01:41 PM

679 posts, read 615,143 times
Quote:
Obviously you are one who see's only what you want to see.

I've found it a humorous trait from people here to immediately assume that you are on the "opposing team" if you disagree with them

Old 03-12-2014, 01:44 PM

4,738 posts, read 4,436,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eborg View Post
Yeah I'm not really sure what the cons are to allowing Tesla to use its direct sales approach instead of the Dealership only method that will be set up with them passing Proposal PRN 2013-138 which in essence would keep Tesla from acquiring the licenses they need.

Anyone have any insight into what the big problem is?
Politicians are paid and bought . . .by people who currently make money and suffer under innovation?

well - duh -

Old 03-12-2014, 01:44 PM

Quote:
So explain to me how adding a middleman to a car selling process helps the consumer?
That wasn't my argument. Go back through and read my replies.

It would seem in Tesla's case it would add nothing.

Old 03-12-2014, 01:46 PM

59,106 posts, read 27,340,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
The premier electric car company in the world.

Tesla Motors | Premium Electric Vehicles
Thank you.

Old 03-12-2014, 01:47 PM

4,738 posts, read 4,436,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
I'm tired, but here's a brief synopsis. Essentially, if you want to buy a car you must order through a dealer and the reason for that is each state has franchise laws that forbid direct consumer sales. The laws were originally put in place via lobbying efforts $$$ (I'm guessing),
at one time we had near monopolies between ford, Gm, etc. Some laws were passed to protect local businesses. . .and maybe even the consumer

The idea that this exists today, and there is a need, is ridiculous. Now the only reason to have these laws is when your politician is being paid for/bought by a PAC in support of dealers.

so much innovation is stopped in this space, not JUST Telsa. Think about buying a car direct from a large online company instead of local dealers. . .all shut down thanks to these laws.

Old 03-12-2014, 01:52 PM

259 posts, read 151,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
at one time we had near monopolies between ford, Gm, etc. Some laws were passed to protect local businesses. . .and maybe even the consumer
How? I want to understand the mechanism in which dealerships are protecting consumers. I only see taking money from consumers.

Old 03-12-2014, 01:58 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,496,494 times
Quote:
You didn't realized yet? Only if it is to their benefits. They are hypocrites. Another example, republicans are in general against illegal immigration but ask them if they would support an increase in fines for businesses that hire illegals?
how about enforce the boarders...yet the fascist liberal wont do that

how about enforce Anyone against working ''off the books'''...yet liberals wont do it

Old 03-12-2014, 02:02 PM

Quote:
How? I want to understand the mechanism in which dealerships are protecting consumers. I only see taking money from consumers.
Manufacturers are not going to build vast networks to repair cars in general. Tesla wants to so I say let them but for the rest when you pull the sales, the dealer closes its doors.

Where are you going to take your car for warranty work?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies