Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2014, 08:21 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,606,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikBEggs View Post
Nope, mandating insurance companies to give coverage for pre-existing conditions would have the identical effect of Obamacare. You cannot mandate a for-profit industry to cover high-risk people and expect prices to stay the same. It is basic math.
And that's exactly what opponents of Obamacare were saying during all those town halls with the Dems telling everyone their premiums would go down.

We said it was impossible.

Turns out we were right weren't we ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2014, 08:23 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,208,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
And that's exactly what opponents of Obamacare were saying during all those town halls with the Dems telling everyone their premiums would go down.

We said it was impossible.

Turns out we were right weren't we ?
And dont forget, they also said we could create a $1T surplus with ACA, increase benefits, insure everyone, and still premiums would go down.. AFTER raising taxes to pay for it..

yeah, how many idiots believed that? Clearly half of americans who voted.

Old 03-14-2014, 08:38 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,077,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I would like to see infrastructure built without that successful business paying taxes..

Just stop the stupidity. Government has NOTHING without taking it from society first. Even the land those roads were built on had to come from the private sector.

Stop bowling down to government.
Everyone pays the taxes that support infrastructure.....not just businesses.

Tell me, how would roads and bridges, etc. be built without government collecting the tax money to build them?

How about the honor system? Everyone will just donate their fair share.......yeah.....that'll work.

I am not bowling with , or, bowing down to government......I just realize that without government we would have nothing but total chaos.

Old 03-14-2014, 08:40 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,606,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Everyone pays the taxes that support infrastructure.....not just businesses.

Tell me, how would roads and bridges, etc. be built without government collecting the tax money to build them?

How about the honor system? Everyone will just donate their fair share.......yeah.....that'll work.

I am not bowling with , or, bowing down to government......I just realize that without government we would have nothing but total chaos.
No they don't..47% don't pay any Federal Income tax (they get it all back plus more)

Old 03-14-2014, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Everyone pays the taxes that support infrastructure
No, not everyone pays taxes to support infrastrure.. I havent paid them in 13 years.. yes I should contribute, but YOU are the one supporting the current system and high 5ng their success while attacking businesses for using the very same infrastructure THEY PAID FOR.
Quote:
not just businesses.
But your tyraid was about businesses using that infrastructure, which is why my response dealt with that..
Quote:
Tell me, how would roads and bridges, etc. be built without government collecting the tax money to build them?.
How were they built before the federal government created a budget for them?
Quote:

I am not bowling with, or, bowing down to government......I just realize that without government we would have nothing but total chaos.
Who is suggesting we abolish government?

Old 03-14-2014, 08:42 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,308,825 times
Even when he decides to try and be a little honest he can't help but resort to lies in the end.

"For the average person, many folks who don't have health insurance initially, they're going to have to make some choices. And they might end up having to switch doctors, in part because they're saving money," said Obama in an interview with the medical website WebMD.

Obama: You Might Lose Your Doctor Under Obamacare | The Weekly Standard

"But that’s true if your employer suddenly decides we think this network’s going to give a better deal, we think this is going to help keep premiums lower, you've got to use this doctor as opposed to that one, this hospital as opposed to that one. The good news is in most states people have more than one option and what they'll find, I think, is that their doctor or network or hospital that's conveniently located is probably in one of those networks. Now, you may find out that that network's more expensive than another network. And then you've got to make a choice in terms of what's right for your family."

What a convoluted mess of a statement.

Old 03-14-2014, 08:48 AM

24,576 posts, read 17,321,260 times
To the average American all we have is our cable TV for entertainment. We cannot afford to go out to eat. We cannot afford a weekend away let alone a trip to Florida to play golf or in the case of Moochelle a upcoming trip to China with the kids. Didn't they just get back from Hawaii? Does anyone realise the cost to the taxpayers for these trips? it is in the 100's of millions!
This sure is an example of "DO AS WE SAY NOT AS WE DO"!

Old 03-14-2014, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
No, not everyone pays taxes to support infrastrure.. I havent paid them in 13 years.. yes I should contribute, but YOU are the one supporting the current system and high 5ng their success while attacking businesses for using the very same infrastructure THEY PAID FOR.

Did I attack businesses for using infrastructure......or...... did I just point out that a business cannot survive as an island unto itself? Without the help of society.....private citizens and other businesses.....they would not have the infrastructure that they need to build their business. True or False?

Are you being deliberately obtuse? or............

But your tyraid was about businesses using that infrastructure, which is why my response dealt with that....

How is my statement any more of a TIRADE than your statements? And, I said nothing about being against them using infrastructure, did I?

How were they built before the federal government created a budget for them?

Do you think the infrastructure we had back in those days would suffice now?

Who is suggesting we abolish government?
You are the one railing against government, aren't you?

Do you want the federal government to collect taxes to pay for infrastructure or don't you?

If you don't.....how should it be done?

How long do you think it would take to build an interstate highway if every single local government was responsible for paying for and building their own section of the highway? Can you say cluster****?

Old 03-14-2014, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
To the average American all we have is our cable TV for entertainment. We cannot afford to go out to eat. We cannot afford a weekend away let alone a trip to Florida to play golf or in the case of Moochelle a upcoming trip to China with the kids. Didn't they just get back from Hawaii? Does anyone realise the cost to the taxpayers for these trips? it is in the 100's of millions!
This sure is an example of "DO AS WE SAY NOT AS WE DO"!
Would you mind listing the Presidents who lived like the average American?

Thanks.

Old 03-14-2014, 09:18 AM

Quote:
You are the one railing against government, aren't you?

Do you want the federal government to collect taxes to pay for infrastructure or don't you?

If you don't.....how should it be done?
Who suggested government shouldnt collect taxes to pay for infrastructure?
Quote:
How long do you think it would take to build an interstate highway if every single local government was responsible for paying for and building their own section of the highway? Can you say cluster****?
Immaterial to the discussion because once again, regardless of who built it, it only took place because society gave up private lands and capital to have it done.

It doesnt magically poof appear because government said so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies