Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2014, 10:54 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,369,489 times

Advertisements

I would not be surprised if the individual mandate is set back a year. This could give the {D}s leverage by bribing the ignorant with their own 95 bucks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2014, 03:26 PM

13,714 posts, read 31,190,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
With all due respect, I don't think the GOP COULD overestimate the usefulness of using the ACA as a campaign issue. Jolly beating Sink is Exhibit A.
We will see in November.

I think the GOP will hammer the issue. But unless they have a story on jobs, the economy, immigration, and perhaps easing up on gay marriage I think voters will be unimpressed.

Mind you - I don't think the Dems have a story on the key issues of jobs and the economy. They will continue to talk about "fairness" and the minimum wage. The minimum wage is another example of an issue where polls show one thing, but I don't think anyone new will vote Dem because of the minimum wage.

Old 03-14-2014, 03:40 PM

1,138 posts, read 1,042,878 times
Sounds like Pelosi is scared, she should be. Its starting to look more and more like a GOP victory in the next election.

Old 03-14-2014, 04:07 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,068,868 times
Don't mistake that the minimum wage and income inequality are nothing but canards by the pwogs, intended to distract, change the subject; really anything to avoid having to talk about the great train wreck that is the ACAPPA.

This and the delays of every painful facet of the act: a) employer mandate, b) exemption for those who lost their insurance due to the capricious and arbitrary new 'standards' for insurance policies, c) the delay for insurance companies to make public their 2015 policy premiums, d) the backdoor personal mandate exemption based on anecdotal 'hardship.' There must be another dozen or so. Too many to count.

Both designed to distract, distance themselves and avoid a painful, for dems, conversation with the American public. All this who as recently as late September into October 2013 said, "No negotiation, no changes."

WTF?

Old 03-14-2014, 04:09 PM

30,396 posts, read 19,191,759 times
nancy is right...if you're in San Francisco. If you're in a competitive district, the unaffordable care act is an albatross around the Dems neck.

Old 03-14-2014, 04:28 PM

4,884 posts, read 5,018,196 times
I guess she finally read it and seen what was in the bill.

Old 03-14-2014, 05:50 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,531,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
I would not be surprised if the individual mandate is set back a year. This could give the {D}s leverage by bribing the ignorant with their own 95 bucks.
It already has by Obama.
Just fill out a form..no proof necessary.
Say it's a hardship and sign your name.
No penalty for you.

Old 03-14-2014, 05:54 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,454,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creekcat View Post
I guess she finally read it and seen what was in the bill.

You mean she actually read it! wow and understands the scope of this messy pesky problem.

Old 03-14-2014, 06:39 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,657,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffdano View Post
Although I despise Ms. Pelosi, I think the GOP should NOT overestimate the usefulness of using ACA as a campaign issue. Just because polls show that most Americans don't like the ACA today doesn't mean that will drive their vote this fall. Obama isn't running again. So each candidate has to decide if the ACA is a useful campaign issue against his/her opponent.
Most of the anti-Obamacare TV adds are paid for by the corporations who give republican politicians their campaign money.
First on CNN: New spot in ad-wars over Obamacare – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs
The Koch Brothers and ObamaCare: and Other Koch Brothers Facts

The adds are not really about Obamacare, they are about placing negative thoughts about democrats in voters minds. When these republicans win elections they then give the corporations tax cuts like these,

Romney's Economic Plan Includes $6.6 Trillion Tax Cut For The Rich And Corporations | ThinkProgress

These anti-Obamacare ads account for almost half of all ads this election cycle.
Anti-Obamacare Ads Account For Almost Half Of All Ads This Election Cycle

Hopefully they will hit hard with the anti-Obamacare ads now, and then after everyone sees the ads these anti-Obamacare ads will loose their power to make people vote republican.

Old 03-14-2014, 07:08 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,755,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I happen to agree with you here. Since ACA hasnt affected most of the public yet, (i.e. the employer mandate has continued to be delayed), I think overplaying the damage it'll cause pre damage, wont be understood until after it kicks in fully and people will get tired of hearing about it and tune it out.
It would be ashamed for people who are not paying attention. Obama pushing it past elections shows he could give a damn about the American people. It's all about power and doing what HE, king Obama thinks is best.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies