Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2014, 12:28 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
Two words: SAMPLE. SIZE.

Without knowing how many people were polled, the poll is meaningless. And knowing Harvard, they probably polled professors.

So, still, FAIL.

You need to accept that Obama's lies about Obamacare are out in the open now. For you to continue to eat what you are being spoon-fed is dangerous.

Awwwwwwwwww but the ignorant naïve and brainwashed to a fault, accept Obama's lies and his deceitful practices, they are part of our freaking problem.

Grow up and hold accountable those even within your own party who need to be held accountable. For the many lies, and being so deceitful.

Pelosi and Reid, make such a great couple, let the damn door slam them on their way out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2014, 02:52 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
If the ACA turns out to be something a little short of Apocalyptic I’m guessing many conservatives, especially moderate ones, will stay home and not vote just to punish Republicans for wasting their time for eight years.
I doubt it, base Republican voters are more likely to vote in any election. Older people on an average vote more often than younger people. If there were more younger people, I can see your point.

Old 03-15-2014, 03:15 PM

27,141 posts, read 15,318,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Then why all the delays? Do Democrats hate americans and want to delay the wonderful benefits which exist for them?

Delays?
Simple.

So the Democrats will be less likely to be held accountable for their actions.

Why?

For the reason that they know it is wrong.

Old 03-15-2014, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
It already has by Obama.
Just fill out a form..no proof necessary.
Say it's a hardship and sign your name.
No penalty for you.

Ah yes, the "Ted Cruz was right but I can't admit it" Obama action.

Old 03-15-2014, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
chad3 is totally sold. He must be one of the people the rest of us are paying for. Look at him grubbing for our money. There are lots of factual posts and you still refuse to listen.

Maybe his insurance is being paid from the money he gets from posting.

Old 03-15-2014, 05:12 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,064,273 times
Nah. 3 is either young and inexperienced. Or a new hire for ofa, stuck with the weekend shift. I hope she is getting more than minimum wage.

Old 03-15-2014, 07:16 PM

12,963 posts, read 13,676,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I doubt it, base Republican voters are more likely to vote in any election. Older people on an average vote more often than younger people. If there were more younger people, I can see your point.

But most importantly, the 2012 elections actually weren’t about a demographic explosion with non-white voters. Instead, they were about a large group of white voters not showing up.

Read more: The Case of the Missing White Voters | RealClearPolitics
Follow us: @RCP_Articles on Twitter

The GOP is risking quite a bit on this single issue, I would think they would be more concerned.

Old 03-15-2014, 07:45 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
But most importantly, the 2012 elections actually weren’t about a demographic explosion with non-white voters. Instead, they were about a large group of white voters not showing up.

Read more: The Case of the Missing White Voters | RealClearPolitics
Follow us: @RCP_Articles on Twitter

The GOP is risking quite a bit on this single issue, I would think they would be more concerned.
I've heard that excuse multiple times and dont buy it.. Republicans showing up in states that are primarily Republicans, wouldnt have changed the outcome. Republicans in order to win, have to convince Democrats to cross over since there are far more Democrats.

Old 03-15-2014, 08:30 PM

7,444 posts, read 7,016,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffdano View Post
We will see in November.

I think the GOP will hammer the issue. But unless they have a story on jobs, the economy, immigration, and perhaps easing up on gay marriage I think voters will be unimpressed.

Mind you - I don't think the Dems have a story on the key issues of jobs and the economy. They will continue to talk about "fairness" and the minimum wage. The minimum wage is another example of an issue where polls show one thing, but I don't think anyone new will vote Dem because of the minimum wage.
And democrats have a story to tell on the economy and jobs?

Old 03-15-2014, 11:48 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I've heard that excuse multiple times and dont buy it.. Republicans showing up in states that are primarily Republicans, wouldnt have changed the outcome. Republicans in order to win, have to convince Democrats to cross over since there are far more Democrats.
I think that the bigger issue is the independent voters who have voted Democrat in 2008 and 2012. This includes millennials who like myself have only voted in two presidential elections. The rule of thumb of voting is that by the third vote, they are set in their ways. If they vote Democrat in 2016, they will likely continue as Democrats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies