Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2014, 09:07 AM

7,444 posts, read 7,022,474 times

Advertisements

Pelosi: Republicans “Are Wasting Their Time” Using Obamacare as an Electoral Issue (Video) | The Gateway Pundit

Translation: you are killing us with the so-called affordable care act, please stop.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2014, 09:13 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,470,546 times
Does she live in a bubble? Has she not seen any poll on the ACA?

Old 03-14-2014, 09:14 AM

8,016 posts, read 5,864,961 times
Nancy Pelosi is so delusional that she likely believes what she says. She strikes me as so distanced from reality, so out-of-touch with the 99% have to go through, that she actually believes that Obamacare will be the single greatest achievement in the history of the world.

It's either that, or senility has caught up to her. At her age, it's safe to say there are mental issues setting in, but we'll have to pry that "dignified" paycheck of hers from her cold, dead hands before she does the right thing and just steps down.

Old 03-14-2014, 09:20 AM

13,714 posts, read 31,190,673 times
Although I despise Ms. Pelosi, I think the GOP should NOT overestimate the usefulness of using ACA as a campaign issue. Just because polls show that most Americans don't like the ACA today doesn't mean that will drive their vote this fall. Obama isn't running again. So each candidate has to decide if the ACA is a useful campaign issue against his/her opponent.

Old 03-14-2014, 09:22 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,143,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffdano View Post
Although I despise Ms. Pelosi, I think the GOP should NOT overestimate the usefulness of using ACA as a campaign issue. Just because polls show that most Americans don't like the ACA today doesn't mean that will drive their vote this fall. Obama isn't running again. So each candidate has to decide if the ACA is a useful campaign issue against his/her opponent.
I happen to agree with you here. Since ACA hasnt affected most of the public yet, (i.e. the employer mandate has continued to be delayed), I think overplaying the damage it'll cause pre damage, wont be understood until after it kicks in fully and people will get tired of hearing about it and tune it out.

Old 03-14-2014, 09:22 AM

7,814 posts, read 6,397,212 times
These are not the droids you are looking for.

Old 03-14-2014, 09:29 AM

8,061 posts, read 4,888,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
Nancy Pelosi is so delusional that she likely believes what she says. She strikes me as so distanced from reality, so out-of-touch with the 99% have to go through, that she actually believes that Obamacare will be the single greatest achievement in the history of the world.

It's either that, or senility has caught up to her. At her age, it's safe to say there are mental issues setting in, but we'll have to pry that "dignified" paycheck of hers from her cold, dead hands before she does the right thing and just steps down.

There is a reason I have called the Purple Pill and Martini Lady. But she is very much aware ACA is going to be the boat anchor that makes them lose the Senate and very possible the 2016 election.

Did she say" I can't wait to read the bill" the Democrats passed by shot measure?

Really goes to show and both parties hopefully will learn is, "a well thought bill that both parties and Houses can agree on is the better way!

Old 03-14-2014, 09:29 AM

12,287 posts, read 9,827,388 times
I'll be waiting for all the dems that are going to run on how great Obamacare is and how they voted for it.

Old 03-14-2014, 09:53 AM

7,242 posts, read 7,910,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
Pelosi: Republicans “Are Wasting Their Time” Using Obamacare as an Electoral Issue (Video) | The Gateway Pundit

Translation: you are killing us with the so-called affordable care act, please stop.
Personally, I hope you guys keep it up because it belly flopped in the most recent special election. Now Republicans still won in a heavily Republican district but only barely so, no, it isn't a very strong issue for you guys.

Old 03-14-2014, 09:58 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,143,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
Personally, I hope you guys keep it up because it belly flopped in the most recent special election. Now Republicans still won in a heavily Republican district but only barely so, no, it isn't a very strong issue for you guys.
Then why all the delays? Do Democrats hate americans and want to delay the wonderful benefits which exist for them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies