Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2014, 05:25 AM

5,670 posts, read 5,105,302 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasputin2014 View Post
Where I live, that shooter, regardless of all the excuses he made, wouldn't walk the streets for long.
You don't shoot my kids just because your teenage daughter is a lying $lut.
In my house, regardless of the veracity of my daughter's statement in such a situation, your kid would be shot for being in my house and in my daughter's room without my express knowledge at 2:30am, having entered stealthily without the knowledge or consent of either homeowner, compounded by appearing in any way however slight, to be acting in an aggressive manner, including reaching for anything other than the ceiling after being told to hold still.

Old 03-19-2014, 05:34 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,264,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasputin2014 View Post
Where I live, that shooter, regardless of all the excuses he made, wouldn't walk the streets for long.
You don't shoot my kids just because your teenage daughter is a lying $lut.
Unless your kid told you where he was going and had your permission I would say that makes him a bit of a lying, sneaking **** himself. Not to mention dumber than a box of rocks.

Old 03-19-2014, 06:03 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,179,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
They should have known. That's correct. But they're not legally accessories. That's laughable. He was 17, not 16, very close to adulthood. What are parents supposed to do? Stay awake the whole night to make sure jr. doesn't sneak out? Put metal bars on all the windows? Install security cameras everywhere? Even most relatively "good" kids sneak out once or twice as teens.

The dad shouldn't be charged with anything. The daughter should be charged with manslaughter or minimally criminally negligent homicide. A manslaughter conviction has been won in a somewhat similar case in TX.
You are right,he was 17. And no, the parent's shouldn't be awake all night to check and see of their 17 year old hasn't sneaked out of the house. I DO think however, that a certain amount of what is right and what is wrong, IS the parent's responsibility, as well as teaching a bit of morality.

Sneaking into someone's house in the middle of the night, to have sex with your girlfriend, is not the right thing to do. Getting caught by her parent's has certain consequences, at least, shame, embarrassment, and possible a beating, what we have here, is the worst.

Almost every person I know, and MANY people in this forum, who are fathers, have all expressed the same, or similar sentiments. Male person in daughter's bedroom, in the middle of the night, and daughter says she doesn't know who he is. The end result is, the father stops thinking clearly and starts reacting.

I feel bad for all concerned here. Had the kid not snuck in for a bit of xxx, had the daughter not lied, had the father not acted like every other father I know where his daughter is concerned, then this all would be moot.

NOW, the father has to live with the knowledge he killed someone, the daughter has to live with the knowledge that her lie contributed to the kid's death, and the family of the young man, will no longer have him in their lives. It's a tragedy all around, but cannot be made right by charging the man with murder.

Old 03-19-2014, 06:05 AM

1,743 posts, read 1,662,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
You are right,he was 17. And no, the parent's shouldn't be awake all night to check and see of their 17 year old hasn't sneaked out of the house. I DO think however, that a certain amount of what is right and what is wrong, IS the parent's responsibility, as well as teaching a bit of morality.

Sneaking into someone's house in the middle of the night, to have sex with your girlfriend, is not the right thing to do. Getting caught by her parent's has certain consequences, at least, shame, embarrassment, and possible a beating, what we have here, is the worst.

Almost every person I know, and MANY people in this forum, who are fathers, have all expressed the same, or similar sentiments. Male person in daughter's bedroom, in the middle of the night, and daughter says she doesn't know who he is. The end result is, the father stops thinking clearly and starts reacting.

I feel bad for all concerned here. Had the kid not snuck in for a bit of xxx, had the daughter not lied, had the father not acted like every other father I know where his daughter is concerned, then this all would be moot.

NOW, the father has to live with the knowledge he killed someone, the daughter has to live with the knowledge that her lie contributed to the kid's death, and the family of the young man, will no longer have him in their lives. It's a tragedy all around, but cannot be made right by charging the man with murder.

Exactly ...This about sums up this thread perfectly.

Old 03-19-2014, 06:19 AM

11,185 posts, read 6,529,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
[snip]
If the father killed the teen merely because he was po'd, things can be made righter by charging him with murder.

I haven't seen any details about the argument they supposedly had. What if the teen said the girl did know him, and the argument was about the girl being a lying b. Dad gets po'd and shoots. Murder.

Old 03-19-2014, 06:21 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,179,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwruckman View Post
Exodous 20:13 "Thou shalt not kill. " After readijng this thread I really wonder if this simple statement means anything to most Americans. This killer should burn in Hell.
Actually you are incorrect, if you want to quote the bible, remember it was written in HEBREW, not ENGLISH, and Exodus 20:13 says, "לֹא תִרְצָח,Thou shalt not MURDER".

Murder is the unlawful taking of life, killing is the lawful taking of life, such as killing an enemy to protect your country, an executioner performing the task of execution from a properly sentenced person, self defense, to name a few.

Last edited by Darkatt; 03-19-2014 at 06:35 AM.. Reason: added info

Old 03-19-2014, 06:40 AM

15,358 posts, read 12,685,180 times
All of the fathers claiming they would shoot are saying so because they are upset that they FAILED as a parent...

Old 03-19-2014, 06:45 AM

44,258 posts, read 64,518,412 times
Amazing what terrible things can happen when you break the rules.

Old 03-19-2014, 06:54 AM

40,992 posts, read 49,365,098 times
Thank goodness for Texas Grand Juries. He will not be charged.
Luckily for him he was also the same race as the young man.
If not, he'd also be facing all kinds of Racial accusations.

He'll have to live with his decision to protect his family.
I'm sure he's devastated and wishes it had never happened.

Last edited by Rakin; 03-19-2014 at 07:16 AM..

Old 03-19-2014, 07:16 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,245,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Thank goodness for Texas Grand Juries. He will not be charged.
Luckily for him he was also the same race as the young man.
If not, he'd also be facing all kinds of Racial accusations.

He'll have to live with his decision to protect his family.
I'm sure he's devastated and has wishes it had never happened.
I'm sure you're right about that. Even killing another person in time of war stays with you for the rest of your life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies