Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2014, 10:21 AM

28,921 posts, read 30,284,252 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scratchie View Post
Why is that anyone else's fault? I thought conservatives were in favor of "personal responsibility".

Since when do conservatives care? I thought private individuals should be free to do business (or not) with whoever they want. Does that not apply to Hollywood film studios?
no that person is right, Hollywood films do not like conservatives...and it is political suicide to not play they're games, you won't get work, Hollywood is more political then politics themselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2014, 10:21 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,300,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Actor Kevin Sorbo Calls Out Reverse Racism: Mocks Liberals Who Voted for Obama because He’s Black

He talks about his new movie, "God is not Dead" interesting interview.

Don't tell me this doesn't belong here. I put it in the Religion forum and was told to put it here.
Damn my then girlfriend now wife used to religiously tape those horrible tv episodes of Hercules. I will get a good laugh teasing her about how ignorant Kevin Sorbo sounds.

Reverse racism... lol

Do people still use that illogical phrase? lol

Old 03-21-2014, 10:23 AM

2,798 posts, read 2,992,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
no that person is right, Hollywood films do not like conservatives...and it is political suicide to not play they're games, you won't get work, Hollywood is more political then politics themselves.
So what? Why aren't Hollywood executives free to do business with whoever they want? If this were a black actor claiming that he couldn't get work because he was black, all the conservatives would be telling him to shut up and stop whining.

Old 03-21-2014, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskaboy View Post
Racism, due to laws and political correctness and the ever pending doom of being scrutinized is blinded out today. BUT in people's hearts and private thoughts and often subtle actions, Racist thoughts and ideologies are more alive and well today then ever before.

Don't believe me? Sit and chat with some black folks about Hispanics or Asiasn and mention how they succeed in coming to America, working hard or creating business.....and watch them go off.

Or go out with some pompous, entitlement thinking white realtor and give him or her a few glasses of wine and ask her about declining neighborhoods and the reasons why. "It's all the blacks moving in."

We don't really like each other, other races of people. Sure, we stumble across the exception to our own points of view and think, "this person is not so bad" here and there, but overall, we all really can't stand each other.

Sorry if that pisses some folks off, but I think its reality. And liberals? Unfortunately I spent a good portion of my later career working with many and they were among the most closet racist people of all.

I think racism and racist thoughts are horrible and some of it is disgusting. But until we address these issues head on and deal with the real ways people think and why, it will never change.
It has changed and it will change, but if you keep thinking that way for you it won't change, just look at the changes that have come about from the 50's and 60's. I had two very very close black friends, they were older then me, and they used to tell me some very angering and awful stories....
so, yes, it has changed and is changing, look at all the in-terracial marriages....so many more then years ago, you have to look to and hang onto the positive....

Old 03-21-2014, 11:21 AM

1,276 posts, read 1,775,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
It has changed and it will change, but if you keep thinking that way for you it won't change, just look at the changes that have come about from the 50's and 60's. I had two very very close black friends, they were older then me, and they used to tell me some very angering and awful stories....
so, yes, it has changed and is changing, look at all the in-terracial marriages....so many more then years ago, you have to look to and hang onto the positive....
You missed my point entirely in my original post. I'm not arguing about how I, personally think, or what they media tries to tell us, or how we are now told how to think, I'm telling you what I see and what people feel. My basis was on personal life experiences and what people REALLY think.

Go to any school in America and while there is a huge mixture of ethnicities, most stay within their own group. Blacks stay with blacks, whites with whites. There is more a perception of black people ruining all white neighborhoods then ever before in this country. Black people will vote completely blind for a black politician, Hispanics the same. Blacks have more hatred and animosity towards other non-blacks then ever before. On and on the list goes. I see it every day.

Old 03-21-2014, 11:28 AM

2,798 posts, read 2,992,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskaboy View Post
My basis was on personal life experiences and what people REALLY think.
Wow, you're a mind reader?

Quote:
Go to any school in America and while there is a huge mixture of ethnicities, most stay within their own group. Blacks stay with blacks, whites with whites. There is more a perception of black people ruining all white neighborhoods then ever before in this country. Black people will vote completely blind for a black politician, Hispanics the same. Blacks have more hatred and animosity towards other non-blacks then ever before. On and on the list goes. I see it every day.
Well, this all sounds like a perfectly reasonable, statistically-based objective description of reality.

Old 03-21-2014, 11:40 AM

1,138 posts, read 1,042,706 times
The man is 100% right. If a person's skin color affects your vote in ANY way towards them, then you are a racist.

Its pretty interesting to see the increase of Christian/Religious based films coming out of Hollywood. Noah, Son of God, and now God's Not Dead, its an interesting trend in an industry that is so anti-Christianity and pro secularism/atheism. My theory is that there is a Christian rising in our culture, which has for the last several years been attacking Christian and Religious values in general. Hollywood may not like these movies, but they love money, and they know there's a big market of Christians out there who would gladly pay to see these films.

Our culture is decaying, morals are collapsing, and the world is seeing an increase in Secularism/Atheism who are trying to force their will on society. Christians are now standing up and speaking loudly. Its a big cultural response, we Christians are the silent majority.

Old 03-21-2014, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by West Coast Republican View Post
The man is 100% right. If a person's skin color affects your vote in ANY way towards them, then you are a racist.

Its pretty interesting to see the increase of Christian/Religious based films coming out of Hollywood. Noah, Son of God, and now God's Not Dead, its an interesting trend in an industry that is so anti-Christianity and pro secularism/atheism. My theory is that there is a Christian rising in our culture, which has for the last several years been attacking Christian and Religious values in general. Hollywood may not like these movies, but they love money, and they know there's a big market of Christians out there who would gladly pay to see these films.

Our culture is decaying, morals are collapsing, and the world is seeing an increase in Secularism/Atheism who are trying to force their will on society. Christians are now standing up and speaking loudly. Its a big cultural response, we Christians are the silent majority.

you are so positively right in every sense of the word....
they ruined so many people
and if you don't play their games, you loose....

awful...I'd give you a ton of points if I could, this was so true, so true!

Old 03-21-2014, 12:50 PM

4,144 posts, read 2,840,911 times
Well, he's a step up from Deuce Bigalow
Actor Rob Schneider Ditches Democrat Party and Throws Support Behind the GOP

Old 03-21-2014, 12:54 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,213,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vejadu View Post
It's surprising he's getting any work at all, since coming out in Hollywood as a Conservative is career suicide, unless you're someone who's entrenched enough to wether the storm, like Clint Eastwood.

Nope, Liberal Hollywood openly discriminates against Conservatives in their field, and some are even proud of it.
He's a way better actor than Deniro, Depp, Pacino, Oldman, only reason he isn't getting recognized is because he's not a lefty commie Muslim lover.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies