Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2014, 06:02 AM

3,391 posts, read 4,487,554 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Actor Kevin Sorbo Calls Out Reverse Racism: Mocks Liberals Who Voted for Obama because He’s Black

He talks about his new movie, "God is not Dead" interesting interview.

Don't tell me this doesn't belong here. I put it in the Religion forum and was told to put it here.
No surprises here. "Reverse racism" is about the only type of racism that it is still okay to talk about and treat seriously. If you try to talk about any other kind of racism, people just accuse you of "playing the race card."

This also makes no sense. Black people have been voting for white candidates at every level of government ever since they could vote. However, before Obama, white people almost never voted for black candidates, no matter what their positions were.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2014, 06:11 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,234,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
One of the greatest actors of his generations.
Who could forget his role as poolboy in Poolboy: Drowning out the fury.

Old 03-21-2014, 06:21 AM

28,970 posts, read 30,325,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoken View Post
Heh, here's a secret for you - those people always doubt black people. And it's not because of Affirmative Action, it's because they can't imagine that a black person could be competent. AA is simply an excuse for why they doubted Thomas, and if it were eliminated today, they would still be blathering about it 20 years from now. Hell, even now, we know that black people face far higher barriers to getting a job than white people do, and yet we still get people whining about AA, and how easy black people supposedly have it.

It's time to face facts - many white people simply can't stand to see a successful black person.
That is SO not true....
I used to belong to a predominately black church and they do would feel the same way...

First, a whole lot of black people did vote for Obama simply because of his skin color
Second, a whole lot of black people due sue and use the race card

and Third, that black church I belonged to used to preach on this, they'd say,
Be responsible for self and stop expecting the whites to pay for you, you are individually responsible for your own choices...they were and still are good hard working people.

and if you wanted to be honest, ya'll would admit to it b/c it is fact and the truth...
you want change, then stop being dependent upon government, and backing people who do drugs and sue for money to buy drugs.

There is a whole lot of white scum out there as well, every race has it, and every race has good people, but it's up to you to decide who you want to be.

I work with some wonderful people who are black, and then I work with some black people...
same for whites,,,,I work for some wonderful people who are white, and then I work with some really crudy white people....so???????

You will never stop racism all together, it's always going to be there, but if you take a good long hard look in the past, since the 60's we've come a long long way....and will in the future come a long way.

Just had a white friend who posted something on her facebook the other day, kids of different races hugging, and the quote was, "We're not born racists".

So, you want to stop this nonesense, then stop the nonsensicle things that are going on....

Old 03-21-2014, 06:27 AM

395 posts, read 546,935 times
Cough...RogersParkGuy

Warren Harding...had black ancestry. Nobody voted for our 29th President?

At what point do we consider someone to be of a particular race? Because President Obama's mother is as white as rice, despite an attempt in 2012 to identify her as having some ancestry from one slave back in the 1700s, which is still unconfirmed.

As for who Barack Obama's biological father is, there is also some controversy, although Barack Obama Sr is publicly noted now as the President's father. Apparently articles on him from the time of Obama's childhood do not mention Ann Dunham or the child. Furthermore Ann Dunham and her infant son lived seven miles away from Barack Obama Sr in Hawaii...and neither of them owned a car. Censored Arizona independent Story on Obama's Father (reference documents acquired via the Freedom of Information act, by Heather Smathers)
So it is possible that although Barack Obama Sr stepped up and claimed Ann Dunham as one of his three wives, and Barack Obama as his son...it is entirely possible that the President's father may have been someone else entirely. And before anyone considers that scandalous, similar rumors were spread about Thomas Jefferson being the offspring of a mulatto and not his white father. There have been many world leaders through time who were reputed to be children of men other than their legal fathers.

Harding had black ancestry on both his father and his mother's sides, and when questioned, did not deny it... William Chancellor, a white professor of economics and politics at Wooster College in Ohio, wrote a book on the Harding family genealogy and identified Black ancestors among both parents of President Harding. Justice Department agents allegedly bought and destroyed all copies of this book. Chancellor also said that Harding's only academic credentials included education at Iberia College, which was founded in order to educate fugitive slaves.

Question of the Month

So how do we define race? Are you white or black if you claim that race? Do we use the old "one drop" rule? The Blood Quantum Laws are already considered unconstitutional. Where do we draw the line?

Old 03-21-2014, 06:38 AM

28,970 posts, read 30,325,016 times
Oh, and by the way, I voted for Obama in his first term, and wanted so badly for Colin Powell to run, and also, wanted Herman Cain in there, so don't say we don't vote for black presidents....

I'm Italian, and we've all got black blood in us, why do you think we're so dark?

I'm sick to death of all this bull....honestly....the moment someone as myself doesn't like what Obama is doing, all of a sudden I'm a racist....hey, it is my American right b/c I voted for him, to disagree with his policies and say, he is just as bad of a President as Bush was....period!

And when you stop, maybe the rest of the world will stop.

If a black gets fired, b/c they've done a very bad job, right away they start screaming racist? But that's ok, huh?

Lets discuss how many times Blacks use the race card to sue?

And then lets be fair, not all whites are racists....don't generalize....it's unfair, and I've said for years, when a black who is wrong, sues, they ought to sue that person right back...

same with whites....what is fair, is fair, nothing more nothing less, within reason....

so because this man is doing this, and he's white your making a jerk out of him?????

You ought to be ashamed......and you ought to be honestly rooting for him to do so to wake people up....

If your an american, you do what is right, not what is popular....stand on your own two feet and be fair, then you'll be counted and not before.

Hey, I was bought up poor, with a whole lot of childhood problems, we've all had bad lives, but that doesn't give us a get out of jail free card to stand on a street corner and sell drugs so I can buy a brand new BMW? Geeze Louise?

It works both ways.

Old 03-21-2014, 08:00 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,569,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Who could forget his role as poolboy in Poolboy: Drowning out the fury.
Oh my sweet Lord. The right is swooning upon the words of this guy?

Well, I guess he could possibly be a step up from Nugent?

Old 03-21-2014, 08:02 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,569,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
That is SO not true....
I used to belong to a predominately black church and they do would feel the same way...

First, a whole lot of black people did vote for Obama simply because of his skin color
Second, a whole lot of black people due sue and use the race card

and Third, that black church I belonged to used to preach on this, they'd say,
Be responsible for self and stop expecting the whites to pay for you, you are individually responsible for your own choices...they were and still are good hard working people.

and if you wanted to be honest, ya'll would admit to it b/c it is fact and the truth...
you want change, then stop being dependent upon government, and backing people who do drugs and sue for money to buy drugs.

There is a whole lot of white scum out there as well, every race has it, and every race has good people, but it's up to you to decide who you want to be.

I work with some wonderful people who are black, and then I work with some black people...
same for whites,,,,I work for some wonderful people who are white, and then I work with some really crudy white people....so???????

You will never stop racism all together, it's always going to be there, but if you take a good long hard look in the past, since the 60's we've come a long long way....and will in the future come a long way.

Just had a white friend who posted something on her facebook the other day, kids of different races hugging, and the quote was, "We're not born racists".

So, you want to stop this nonesense, then stop the nonsensicle things that are going on....
NO ONE is playing the race card more than yourself in this post.

Deal with it.

Old 03-21-2014, 08:09 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,251,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
Is every washed up/ b list actor a conservative?

Do they blame liberals for their failures?
Willis, Selleck washed up?

Old 03-21-2014, 08:11 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,846,981 times
At least Swartzenegger (sp?) made sense every once in a while. This guy is upset over the loss of the automatic privilege enjoyed by his generation of white makes.

Old 03-21-2014, 08:13 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,251,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
At least Swartzenegger (sp?) made sense every once in a while. This guy is upset over the loss of the automatic privilege enjoyed by his generation of white makes.
That's a massive ASSumption on your part.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies