Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2014, 02:23 PM

89,033 posts, read 44,853,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
Americans who make $100,000 a year are in a 28% tax bracket. But millionaire and billionaire CEO's (the ones who give our politicians their campaign money) they are in a 11% - 17% tax bracket.
Marginal tax brackets are NOT the effective tax rate one pays. Take a look at what the IRS reports the average effective federal income tax rate is for a $100,000 earner. It's only 9.7%

Table 1, here:
Latest IRS Federal Income Tax Data
http://www.irs.gov/uac/SOI-Tax-Stats...omplete-Report

Meanwhile, the top 1% pays an average effective tax rate of 23.5%. And according to the latest IRS data, the top 400 income recipients paid an average effective federal income tax rate of about 20%, more than twice the tax rate of that $100,000 earner.
http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-soi/09intop400.pdf

How is it that so many of you lefties are so completely ignorant of factual IRS effective federal income tax data? How can anyone be so completely out of touch with reality? Serious question?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2014, 02:26 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,457,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Marginal tax brackets are NOT the effective tax rate one pays. Take a look at what the IRS reports the average effective federal income tax rate is for a $100,000 earner. It's only 9.7%

Table 1, here:
Latest IRS Federal Income Tax Data
http://www.irs.gov/uac/SOI-Tax-Stats...omplete-Report

Meanwhile, the top 1% pays an average effective tax rate of 23.5%. And according to the latest IRS data, the top 400 income recipients paid an average effective federal income tax rate of about 20%, more than twice the tax rate of that $100,000 earner.
http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-soi/09intop400.pdf

How is it that so many of you lefties are so completely ignorant of factual IRS effective federal income tax data? How can anyone be so completely out of touch with reality? Serious question?
They only listen to the Leftwing rags. If you do a google search about this you will see all of the LeftNut sites running these headlines. Those rags know that their audience is dumb.

Old 04-04-2014, 02:26 PM

89,033 posts, read 44,853,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
How come you on the Left are so, well, dumb?
I asked the same question.

You would think they'd be embarrassed to blindly swallow the deliberately deceptive manipulative propaganda they've been spoon-fed. But, apparently, they're even too stupid to recognize they've been duped.

Old 04-04-2014, 02:27 PM

18,461 posts, read 7,094,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
You do the math....businesses have many types of deductions.

If they take none.....and none have been taken by their suppliers and back to grain of wheat the farmer put in the ground...all these cost will go to you...or, they would not be in business.
And where exactly did I say anything about corporate taxes?

Personal income taxes and corporate taxes are separate issues.

Old 04-04-2014, 02:31 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,352,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dooleys1300 View Post
And where exactly did I say anything about corporate taxes?

Personal income taxes and corporate taxes are separate issues.
Then you think some deductions are OK???

Old 04-04-2014, 02:32 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,457,656 times
Quote:
I asked the same question.

You would think they'd be embarrassed to blindly swallow the deliberately deceptive manipulative propaganda they've been spoon-fed. But, apparently, they're even too stupid to recognize they've been duped.
I am baffled as to why it doesn't bother them as well. I think most are just paid misinformers, they KNOW they are peddling lies and non-truths.

Old 04-04-2014, 03:05 PM

1,138 posts, read 1,042,540 times
The best way to fix all this is abolish the income tax and property tax. Simply implement a 10% sales/service tax on all goods and items (food, medicine etc...obviously being exempt). 5% goes to the local state, the other 5% goes to the Federal Government. The Government adheres to a strict budget, it is not allowed to borrow or spend money that it does not have. This would not only give everyone more financial prosperity, but it would close all the loopholes that the wealthy take advantage of. No more tax right offs. No more offshore income tax evasions.

Wealthy people still have to buy stuff, and they spend more than anyone else, so they'll end up paying their fair share just like me and everyone else. This goes for the poor as well. Of course there would be some credit system in place to help those who are in poverty.

Old 04-04-2014, 03:16 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,656,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
How come you on the Left are so, well, dumb? Do you know what capital gains is? Do you know the tax rate for that? Any middle class person making their only money through CG will be at the SAME rate as those you mentioned. If those rich people were ONLY making money through INCOME, they'd pay the same as everyone else making money ONLY through income. Please Lefties, stop trying to argue something you obviously know nothing about.
I know billionaire Warren Buffet pays 1/2 the tax rate that his secretary does.

Warren Buffett, Secretary Debbie Bosanek Discuss Tax Rate Inequality in Interview - YouTube

Old 04-04-2014, 03:18 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,380,515 times
Quote:
It's double 6.3% for the self-employed, which are overwhelmingly those in the higher income groups.
Its the same really. Turns out while 6.3% comes out of my check, my employer pays the other 6.3%-its part of my compensation package as it were. If they werent paying it they could afford to pay me more....

Quote:
SS benefits are progressive AND limited. High income earners have been LOSING money on SS since the 1990s, according to the SS Administration:Is Social Security a good deal?
LOL. Funny thing though, some recent research has shown that the richer live an average fo 5 years longer then the poor folks, and as such are FAR more likely to get more social security.

Quote:
Which the rich pay, as well. Not sure why you think the rich are somehow magically immune to state and local taxes. Are you being deliberately obtuse?
Nope, however some notes...many of those taxes and fees are regressive or flat. sales taxes hit the poor more then the rich for example. Im not being deliberately obtuse, I've just spent some time researching this.

Its amazing how the massive focus on federal taxes-to the exclusion of all else blinds people.

Look at the bottom graph here:
How Progressive Are Our Taxes? | Consider the Evidence

Its actually kind of fascinating.

Old 04-04-2014, 03:19 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,588,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
I know billionaire Warren Buffet pays 1/2 the tax rate that his secretary does.

Warren Buffett, Secretary Debbie Bosanek Discuss Tax Rate Inequality in Interview - YouTube
Do you know why?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies