Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2014, 11:22 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
There are people who don't pay a dime in federal taxes. Those same people have no problem with government raising taxes on other people who are "already paying" a huge amount. Make everyone pay and they won't be so easy to think taxation is not an issue.
And since the SCOTUS has decided corporations are 'people' let's make sure they're included in the paying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2014, 11:24 AM

8,061 posts, read 4,888,780 times
Default sHOES ON THE OTHER FOOT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikBEggs View Post
Why do conservatives constantly try to obstruct the government?

The government is made up of people; not aliens. We elect the government.

We have short memories don't we? Dem did the something to GW Bush. Believe or not dissenting voices are good and controls no party being too powerful. This time around because of the Tea Party the president is forces to cut spending. No where it needs to be, but its better than a 30 trillion dollar deficit.

Dem and Lib alike have the perception that one should not have to struggle, because big brother is on the scene. The down side it encourages slothfulness and dependent people.

I would rather work hard and what is mine , is mine. I have no one to blame except myself. Sort of "You sow what you rep. "

As we can read Dem and republicans alike get caught on corruption charges. This seems to be a reoccurring theme as old as politics are!

Old 04-08-2014, 11:26 AM

18,462 posts, read 7,096,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grsz11 View Post
It was a question, one which you refused to answer since you are rich and everybody else is poor.
I am not rich, neither am I poor.

However I do have an instinctual belief that you, petch751 and I should all pay the same percentage of our income in taxes no matter how much or how little any of us makes.

This is the definition is "fair share".

Old 04-08-2014, 11:26 AM

865 posts, read 623,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
But they work for us, we elect them to represent us, so they can protect our rights and freedoms.

You lefties think we elect people to government so they can rule over us, and decide which rights and freedoms we should be allowed to exercise, and what restrictions on those rights and freedoms they can impose on us.
You nailed it.

Old 04-08-2014, 11:30 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,750,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
We have short memories don't we? Dem did the something to GW Bush. Believe or not dissenting voices are good and controls no party being too powerful. This time around because of the Tea Party the president is forces to cut spending. No where it needs to be, but its better than a 30 trillion dollar deficit.

Dem and Lib alike have the perception that one should not have to struggle, because big brother is on the scene. The down side it encourages slothfulness and dependent people.

I would rather work hard and what is mine , is mine. I have no one to blame except myself. Sort of "You sow what you rep. "

As we can read Dem and republicans alike get caught on corruption charges. This seems to be a reoccurring theme as old as politics are!
Corruption on both sides and yet another reason government should be small.

Old 04-08-2014, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dooleys1300 View Post
I am not rich, neither am I poor.

However I do have an instinctual belief that you, petch751 and I should all pay the same percentage of our income in taxes no matter how much or how little any of us makes.

This is the definition is "fair share".
Yes I agree, we should ALL pay, everyone should have skin in the game. My belief in everyone having skin in the game when I understood that those who don't pay taxes supported Obama's increase in taxes on the other guy. That's greed.

Never support a president who believes raising taxes is the answer especially when government wastes so much and is so corrupt.

Yep, "everyone" should pay.

Last edited by petch751; 04-08-2014 at 11:44 AM..

Old 04-08-2014, 11:36 AM

Wall Street made record contributions to the Obama party, Democrats being the bail bond office for failing US corporations.

Democrats get the best of both worlds - prostituting themselves for Wall Street money while using the Wall Street protesters for political gain.

People are being played for the benefit of a few.

Old 04-08-2014, 11:39 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,886,289 times
Because they think they can shift cost off to others and its really free. Greece went thru this who can offer more free stuff thing.

Old 04-08-2014, 11:42 AM

Over $17 Trillion in debt and Democrats and Liberals think we need bigger government.

Old 04-08-2014, 11:44 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,022,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
The simplest answer is sheer stupidity.
In deed

And they start them out so little too
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies