Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2014, 11:52 AM

7,846 posts, read 6,408,756 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
I'd rather pay whichever one applies to my medical bills, not the ones that apply to medical bills for other people.
Your deductible doesn't go towards the medical bills of others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Just think of allllll the interest being paid. Think of alll the interest that could have gone to helping people.
I'll ask you again:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikBEggs View Post
When is the debt due?

Tell us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2014, 11:55 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,750,585 times
Quote:
If you are paying that much, it is because you can afford it.

Suck it up, or move to single payer. Don't ask the rest of your less fortunate citizens to die so you can save money and blow it on non-essentials.
Who said I can afford it?

So you ASSume again. And what gives you the right to dictate how I spend my money.

Old 04-08-2014, 11:59 AM

Quote:
When is the debt due?

Tell us.
Payment including the interest (wasted money) on the debt is due every month.

Old 04-08-2014, 12:01 PM

7,846 posts, read 6,408,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Payment including the interest (wasted money) on the debt is due every month.
Answer the question. When is the national debt due? If you are going to bring it up in every thread, please enlighten us as to the due date for our $17 trillion balance.

Old 04-08-2014, 12:01 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,024,034 times
Quote:
Would you rather pay a $10,000 deductible, or a $40,000 hospital bill?
You forgot the premiums too. Seriously now if one does not have the 10K for a deductible they certainly aren't going to have 40 grand for a hospital bill.

They can't keep jacking up deductibles that high for everyone and actually calling that affordable health care reform.

That's why, if the Affordable Care Act was not going to offer a public option to compete, then
it should have left bad enough alone.

Everyone knows Insurance Companies wrote the damn thing, so who do you think comes out ahead...
The customer or the conglomerate....
All the Act did was legalize excessive profits for insurance/pharm industry and hire the IRS as its enforcer.

Old 04-08-2014, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Answer the question. When is the national debt due? If you are going to bring it up in every thread, please enlighten us as to the due date for our $17 trillion balance.
Payment to service the US debt is due "every month". What do you think we have a balloon payment some time in the future?

If think debt is due in a balloon payment, payable in the future then you are supporting that the kids and grandkids to pay it. But the debt is so huge taxpayers are paying today and the kids and grandkids will pay tomorrow.

And you think big government is the answer? wow, they can't handle money.

Last edited by petch751; 04-08-2014 at 12:22 PM..

Old 04-08-2014, 12:06 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,532,090 times
This thread wouldn't exist if a Republican were president.

I remember (some) conservatives' reactions to the patriot act when Bush was president, "If you're not doing anything wrong, what's the big deal?"

Old 04-08-2014, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
This thread wouldn't exist if a Republican were president.

I remember (some) conservative's reactions to the patriot act when Bush was president, "If you're not doing anything wrong, what's the big deal?"
Divert attention away and ASSume I think either party is the answer. Why do you think I am for small government? If we must have government keep it small so they do less damage and take less of our money.

No one said it wouldn't exist if a republican was president. Government should be kept small so they don't cost the American people so damn much and we could keep some of the money to spend. People would be much happier to spend the money they make instead of being forced to pay for big government.

Old 04-08-2014, 12:12 PM

6,795 posts, read 7,292,547 times
Quote:
...as a liberal and a Black male, I find this post extremely offensive.
I could not give a rats ass what color you are, if you are a liberal you enjoy the position of being subservient to government which offends the hell out of me.

Old 04-08-2014, 12:15 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,036,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
The "magical thinking" world view of liberals has been a factor in American politics since the 1960’s, but Obama's presidency is the first time it has largely been in control. The most likely outcome of his reign will make most Americans understand just how deeply worthless, and outright damaging, liberal thinking is which, in the long run will be very good for America.
But they won't care as long as he gives them stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies