Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2007, 07:05 PM

5,715 posts, read 15,048,783 times

Advertisements

The CIA destroyed evidence (alledgedly) on how they interrogated criminals / detainees. The Senate wants us to play nice.

I hate to tell everyone but we're at war. There are those who want to destroy us...

Should we be nice and play fair with people who want to destroy our country?

Is everything our CIA does the business of everyone in America and the world?

Old 12-07-2007, 07:46 PM

1,354 posts, read 4,582,599 times
You're not the only one who cares, it's just not surprising at all. The CIA has been secretive and destroying evidence for many many years. Nothing is surprising anymore. I think Washington needs a good house cleaning period

Old 12-07-2007, 07:50 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,229,680 times
Pretty sure its S.O.P. for every intellegence service in the world.
And no the average citizen does not need to know every detail of our covert ops. Thats why its best not to tell a politician any secrets. It becomes a foot race to the media to see who can spill their guts first.

Old 12-07-2007, 07:54 PM

Default the job of the CIA...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayannaaaliyah View Post
You're not the only one who cares, it's just not surprising at all. The CIA has been secretive and destroying evidence for many many years. Nothing is surprising anymore. I think Washington needs a good house cleaning period
Actually, that is my point. The JOB of the Central Intelligence Agency has to be secretive...

I've been listening to the debate on this by the Senate about 2005 detainee records ... Democrats in the Senate believe that all of these records are to be public record... The rest of the world is watching all of this on the news.

Politicians are so anxious to get on television to expose and debate these things that they've lost sight of what matters...

Old 12-07-2007, 07:59 PM

7,731 posts, read 13,433,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by World Citizen View Post
The CIA destroyed evidence (alledgedly) on how they interrogated criminals / detainees. The Senate wants us to play nice.

I hate to tell everyone but we're at war. There are those who want to destroy us...

Alledgedly?

Old 12-07-2007, 08:02 PM

So what if they did it? Is it the right of the American public to know every little detail of how war criminals and detainees are interrogated in our country?

Old 12-07-2007, 08:05 PM

7,731 posts, read 13,433,153 times
Quote:
So what if they did it? Is it the right of the American public to know every little detail of how war criminals and detainees are interrogated in our country?
Yes it is our right to know how things are being handled in our country.

Old 12-07-2007, 08:07 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,462,250 times
Quote:

It's a nice spin, but a lie is still a lie. Since no one in the CIA has been charged with any crime there is no "evidence" to be destroyed. A charge of some crime must come first, or there can be no "evidence", and there clearly has not been any criminal charges levied.

The CIA routinely destroys documents, video tapes, and other recordings all the time. But suddenly it becomes "evidence" when it pertains to terrorist interviews? It would be funny if it wasn't so politically transparent and inane.

Last edited by Glitch; 12-07-2007 at 08:26 PM..

Old 12-07-2007, 08:08 PM

1,408 posts, read 4,863,746 times
Quote:

These Senators are a bunch of chest-thumping blowhard fools! Their insane devotion to Political Correctness and all this "play nice with the terrorists" MOD CUT will only succeed in getting us all killed!

As Vietnam clearly showed us, politicians have NO business running a war. Just sit down, let the troops/spies/generals do their job, and shut the h#ll up!!!

Last edited by NewToCA; 12-07-2007 at 08:33 PM.. Reason: language

Old 12-07-2007, 08:11 PM

1,408 posts, read 4,863,746 times
Quote:
Apparently I'm the only one who cares that our country is being destroyed from the inside by those in power...
Far from it, friend. But of course you wouldn't know that listening to all the clueless, chattering "Useful Idiots" in the Old Media.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies