Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2014, 01:51 PM

10,090 posts, read 5,739,706 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
Its the whole point of this thread, it is what the Republicans have been using in an attempt to hammer Obama with for almost 2 years now. I suppose they are just priming the pump for when and if Clinton runs in 2016. I agree that it is a ridiculous position, but that doesn't stop the Republicans from raising it in hearings and Fox news continually raising it. There are much more important issues, there are more important aspects of the attack in Benghazi, but they don't contribute to the narrative that the Republicans are attempting to create about Obama.

It amazes me that some people still want to defend the Obama administration over such a blatant lie and deception. Hilary looked into the faces of the dead American's relatives, and lied to them days after the attack, blaming it on a youtube video. That doesn't bother you at all?

At the very least, Biden's comment to the grieving relatives was extremely inappropriate:

"'Did your son always have balls the size of cue balls?"

The whole thing stinks rotten. Why did Obama get so angry and defensive whenever Romney tried to make it a talking point in the debate? That's usually the reaction of someone who is guilty. Thankfully, Obama had the moderator to rescue him on that one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2014, 01:55 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,085,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
The whole thing stinks rotten. Why did Obama get so angry and defensive whenever Romney tried to make it a talking point in the debate?
You must have been watching those other imaginary debates. The ones that only conservatives could see after two sixes of Shiner Bock.

Old 05-02-2014, 02:00 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,877,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
The whole thing stinks rotten. Why did Obama get so angry and defensive whenever Romney tried to make it a talking point in the debate? That's usually the reaction of someone who is guilty. Thankfully, Obama had the moderator to rescue him on that one.
Wow, that's some faulty memory you have there. I remember it well because it was the best moment of the debate. Romney, all puffed up, thinking he was scoring big points, and Obama coolly responding, "Please proceed, Governor," allowing Romney to step in it up to his ankles. That was a great television moment.

Old 05-02-2014, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
It counters what the poster I responded to claimed. "
"Originally Posted by pghquest
its not an impeachable offense to lie to the public.."

A President CAN be impeached for just about ANYTHING the House wants.
Exactly as I said. "So ambiguous as to border on meaningless."

Old 05-02-2014, 02:04 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,848,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Pray tell, what is more important than the lives of American citizens who were intentionally abandoned and left to die a horrible death? What is more important than getting to the truth when it's evident that we have an administration that governs by deception and lies? Are we to just shrug our shoulders and move on, holding no one accountable? Is that the government you want?
No one was intentionally abandoned and left to die a horrible death. You are just making that up.

Last edited by WilliamSmyth; 05-02-2014 at 02:30 PM..

Old 05-02-2014, 02:08 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,848,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
"In the end it matters what is in the official assessment, which was spontaneous attack, connected to Cairo (therefore the video), mixed crowd evolving into an attack by extremists."

NOT. That has already been debunked. Your attempts to make this really tragic event into a "phony scandal" are unpatriotic.

This will not go away as easily as you and other staunch democrats/liberals wish it would.
It has never been debunked. It has been ignored because it is inconvenient, but it has never been debunked.

I would say its unpatriotic to use the deaths of patriotic Americans as a political weapon against your political opponents, all the while proclaiming that you are doing it on behalf of the families of the fallen, but each to their own I guess.

Old 05-02-2014, 02:13 PM

7,444 posts, read 7,021,009 times
The administration is blaming the CIA for the false talking points, and its clear Morell is taking the hit for the CIA and the administration:

Morell Testifies on Benghazi Talking Points 4/2/14

It's also interesting too that Morell landed a job at CBS news, working for Ben Rhodes' brother.

What we don't yet know, and may never, is what role politics played in the CIA initially coming up with the internet movie protest narrative - remember the State Departments initial assessment, with no apparent doubt, was it was a terrorist strike and they named the specific group that did it.

What we do know is that the CIA people closest to the ground were telling Morell by 9/14 and 9/15 that it was a false narrative - just as Rice was being prepped. We also know Rice went out on the Sunday show on 9/16 and the administration continued with that narrative thereafter. In fact, I'm not sure the administration every really admitted it was false.

We also know the administration refused to produce the 9/14/12 Rhodes email initially and only after being ordered to do so by a court. They also retroactively tried to change its classification from non-classified to classified to avoid producing it.

I'm not suggesting this is impeachable. Probably should be, but as a political matter, it's not achievable.

Yet it is a very serious cover up over a situation in which Americans died and in fact, were left to die.

The record needs to be made to make this a part of Obama's legacy, and part of Hillary's Clinton's record when she runs for President.

Old 05-02-2014, 02:14 PM

2,418 posts, read 2,038,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post

Man, this thing really stinks.

You've got to be a true partisan not to see serious issues in how all of this went down.

Yep. 300+ posts & no one managed to convince anyone on either side that an opposing view is the truth. Because, ya know....as it was so blatantly pointed out earlier...no one cares. Apologies to the youth of today; they will inherit an even bigger mess than any of us have to date. The only way they will be able to navigate a corrupt country is to adopt this twisted tradition of rewarding liars and criminals.

Old 05-02-2014, 02:17 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,022,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post

Lovell did not serve in a capacity that gave him reliable insight into operational options available to commanders during the attack

We have no evidence that Department of State officials delayed the decision to deploy what few resources DoD had available to respond.
What you have highlighted, simply because he did not serve in that capacity during this attack, does not
mean he would not have insight into what could have been done, simply from his rank and expertise.
Therefore his opinion and/or facts as he sees them are valuable.

And the part " we have no evidence that the Dept of State officials delayed the decision to deploy
what few resources DOD had available", doesn't wash either. I think they were incomepetent to act,
period. The result is evidence enough.

What I think you are spinning, is that they talked for days about the youtube video because they
ran on CIA assessment of that is what triggered the attack.

I used to hate it when folks would call me a Paulette so I don't call anyone anything

Old 05-02-2014, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Like I said before ...... it's the video tape, the emails and the Timeline that always get the O-Team in trouble.
Of course, for that to be true, you would have to use a timeline that was not spun out of recognition. For example, you first entry is this:

Quote:
September 11, 2012 was a Tuesday -
There was a 'protest' in Cairo, the US State Dept and CIA was warned it was coming and so they left only essential personnel as the Embassy. This 'protest' was all about the release of the Blind Sheik and was posted on the internet in Arabic on Sept 8 (about the same time an obscure Religion program began to talk about the Video trailer that nobody had even heard of). The protest was about noon, they scaled the walls of the Embassy - tore down the American Flag and raised the Black AQ flag.
Wrong. It was not "all about the release of the Blind Sheik." In fact news reports of the Cairo protests (which were already online before the Benghazi attack and before the government have offered any talking points whatsoever) were explicit that "at least 2,000 demonstrators, enraged over Innocence of Muslims, a little-known film produced in the United States that allegedly insults the Prophet Muhammad, shouted, “We will sacrifice ourselves for you, Allah’s messenger!.”

U.S. Embassy Protested Over Anti-Islam Film Promoted by Terry Jones - The Daily Beast
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies