Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2014, 11:56 PM

30 posts, read 64,445 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
We honor them by discovering the truth -- which is slow in coming forth (20 months, for example...it takes the WH that long to find a particular e-mail, and then they classify it so they have an excuse not to release it?)

Yes, we honor them by going for Truth, not by echoing those (in)famous words: "What difference does it make at this point!"
Indeed we honor them by discovering the truth.... and I'm still waiting for the truth in these even more heinous episodes....Since you are so intransigent about the truth please explain just a few of these... I'm sure you know the truth:

The Benghazi attacks (the consulate and the CIA compound) are absolutely not unprecedented even though they're being treated that way by Republicans who are deliberately ignoring anything that happened prior to Inauguration Day, January 20, 2009.

January 22, 2002. Calcutta, India. Gunmen associated with Harkat-ul-Jihad al-Islami attack the U.S. Consulate. Five people are killed.

June 14, 2002. Karachi, Pakistan. Suicide bomber connected with al Qaeda attacks the U.S. Consulate, killing 12 and injuring 51.

October 12, 2002. Denpasar, Indonesia. U.S. diplomatic offices bombed as part of a string of "Bali Bombings." No fatalities.

February 28, 2003. Islamabad, Pakistan. Several gunmen fire upon the U.S. Embassy. Two people are killed.

May 12, 2003. Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. Armed al Qaeda terrorists storm the diplomatic compound, killing 36 people including nine Americans. The assailants committed suicide by detonating a truck bomb.

July 30, 2004. Tashkent, Uzbekistan. A suicide bomber from the Islamic Movement of Uzbekistan attacks the U.S. Embassy, killing two people.

December 6, 2004. Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. Al Qaeda terrorists storm the U.S. Consulate and occupy the perimeter wall. Nine people are killed.

March 2, 2006. Karachi, Pakistan again. Suicide bomber attacks the U.S. Consulate killing four people, including U.S. diplomat David Foy who was directly targeted by the attackers. (I wonder if Lindsey Graham or Fox News would even recognize the name "David Foy." This is the third Karachi terrorist attack in four years on what's considered American soil.)

September 12, 2006. Damascus, Syria. Four armed gunmen shouting "Allahu akbar" storm the U.S. Embassy using grenades, automatic weapons, a car bomb and a truck bomb. Four people are killed, 13 are wounded.

January 12, 2007. Athens, Greece. Members of a Greek terrorist group called the Revolutionary Struggle fire a rocket-propelled grenade at the U.S. Embassy. No fatalities.

March 18, 2008. Sana'a, Yemen. Members of the al-Qaeda-linked Islamic Jihad of Yemen fire a mortar at the U.S. Embassy. The shot misses the embassy, but hits nearby school killing two.

July 9, 2008. Istanbul, Turkey. Four armed terrorists attack the U.S. Consulate. Six people are killed.

September 17, 2008. Sana'a, Yemen. Terrorists dressed as military officials attack the U.S. Embassy with an arsenal of weapons including RPGs and detonate two car bombs. Sixteen people are killed, including an American student and her husband (they had been married for three weeks when the attack occurred). This is the second attack on this embassy in seven months.

I eagerly await your explanations of the TRUTH!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2014, 06:11 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,702,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphm1999 View Post
Indeed we honor them by discovering the truth.... and I'm still waiting for the truth in these even more heinous episodes....Since you are so intransigent about the truth please explain just a few of these... I'm sure you know the truth:

The Benghazi attacks (the consulate and the CIA compound) are absolutely not unprecedented even though they're being treated that way by Republicans who are deliberately ignoring anything that happened prior to Inauguration Day, January 20, 2009.

January 22, 2002. Calcutta, India. Gunmen associated with Harkat-ul-Jihad al-Islami attack the U.S. Consulate. Five people are killed.

June 14, 2002. Karachi, Pakistan. Suicide bomber connected with al Qaeda attacks the U.S. Consulate, killing 12 and injuring 51.

October 12, 2002. Denpasar, Indonesia. U.S. diplomatic offices bombed as part of a string of "Bali Bombings." No fatalities.

February 28, 2003. Islamabad, Pakistan. Several gunmen fire upon the U.S. Embassy. Two people are killed.

May 12, 2003. Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. Armed al Qaeda terrorists storm the diplomatic compound, killing 36 people including nine Americans. The assailants committed suicide by detonating a truck bomb.

July 30, 2004. Tashkent, Uzbekistan. A suicide bomber from the Islamic Movement of Uzbekistan attacks the U.S. Embassy, killing two people.

December 6, 2004. Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. Al Qaeda terrorists storm the U.S. Consulate and occupy the perimeter wall. Nine people are killed.

March 2, 2006. Karachi, Pakistan again. Suicide bomber attacks the U.S. Consulate killing four people, including U.S. diplomat David Foy who was directly targeted by the attackers. (I wonder if Lindsey Graham or Fox News would even recognize the name "David Foy." This is the third Karachi terrorist attack in four years on what's considered American soil.)

September 12, 2006. Damascus, Syria. Four armed gunmen shouting "Allahu akbar" storm the U.S. Embassy using grenades, automatic weapons, a car bomb and a truck bomb. Four people are killed, 13 are wounded.

January 12, 2007. Athens, Greece. Members of a Greek terrorist group called the Revolutionary Struggle fire a rocket-propelled grenade at the U.S. Embassy. No fatalities.

March 18, 2008. Sana'a, Yemen. Members of the al-Qaeda-linked Islamic Jihad of Yemen fire a mortar at the U.S. Embassy. The shot misses the embassy, but hits nearby school killing two.

July 9, 2008. Istanbul, Turkey. Four armed terrorists attack the U.S. Consulate. Six people are killed.

September 17, 2008. Sana'a, Yemen. Terrorists dressed as military officials attack the U.S. Embassy with an arsenal of weapons including RPGs and detonate two car bombs. Sixteen people are killed, including an American student and her husband (they had been married for three weeks when the attack occurred). This is the second attack on this embassy in seven months.

How does all that in any way change the need to know what happened in Benghazi, and why it is being covered up.

Old 10-15-2014, 06:39 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,877,906 times
Quote:
How does all that in any way change the need to know what happened in Benghazi, and why it is being covered up.
In other words--who cares about THOSE Americans??? How will talking about them help us smear Obama and Clinton? It won't, so those Americans are absolutely irrelevant.

If, after countless hearings, you aren't satisfied, you never will be. You guys are no different from birthers. The "truth" is meaningless to you because it doesn't fit into your narrative.

Are the Gowdy hearings still ongoing? Seems everyone but the nutters have moved on.

Old 10-15-2014, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
In other words--who cares about THOSE Americans??? How will talking about them help us smear Obama and Clinton? It won't, so those Americans are absolutely irrelevant.

If, after countless hearings, you aren't satisfied, you never will be. You guys are no different from birthers. The "truth" is meaningless to you because it doesn't fit into your narrative.

Are the Gowdy hearings still ongoing? Seems everyone but the nutters have moved on.
Who said nobody cares? Only Hillary said it doesn't make any difference what happened, and how, and why.

In other words, who cares about Benghazi? Sounds like that's what you are saying.

Besides, I'm not aware that there were efforts by anyone on either side to cover backsides in all those other events. There does appear to be a concerted effort to cover up in Benghazi, as we know from the lies and a few pieces of information emerging, and from the documents that have been requested but the administration refuses to release.

Truth for its own sake is worth seeking and upholding; it doesn't matter what political party you're a fan of. Truth should not be politicized or compromised because of whose image it might "damage".

I'd love to see people rise above the partisanship, or at least make the effort to do so. Even that I would applaud.

Old 10-15-2014, 09:12 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,466,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphm1999 View Post

Then why don't you start telling the truth yourself? What's been said is that no ambassador has been killed in many years, not that no attacks have occurred. You're misrepresenting things to make Republicans look bad, which pretty much disqualifies you from having any grounds to be demanding the truth.

Old 10-15-2014, 09:35 AM

6,046 posts, read 4,820,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
Then why don't you start telling the truth yourself? What's been said is that no ambassador has been killed in many years, not that no attacks have occurred. You're misrepresenting things to make Republicans look bad, which pretty much disqualifies you from having any grounds to be demanding the truth.
Don't have to misrepresent to make them look bad.

Old 10-15-2014, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Who said nobody cares? Only Hillary said it doesn't make any difference what happened, and how, and why.

In other words, who cares about Benghazi? Sounds like that's what you are saying.
No, I'm saying that it has been "investigated" ad nauseam. There was no scandal here, but you simply cannot accept that.

Quote:
Besides, I'm not aware that there were efforts by anyone on either side to cover backsides in all those other events.
We'll never know, will we? Because there were no rabid wingers around at the time who demanded to know the evolution of talking points so they could parse them until the cows come home.

Quote:
There does appear to be a concerted effort to cover up in Benghazi, as we know from the lies and a few pieces of information emerging, and from the documents that have been requested but the administration refuses to release.
No, we know there were changes made in talking points as more information became available. SCANDALOUS!!!

Quote:
I'd love to see people rise above the partisanship, or at least make the effort to do so. Even that I would applaud.
What a joke. You are as partisan as they come.

Old 10-15-2014, 09:50 AM

Quote:
We'll never know, will we? Because there were no rabid wingers around who demanded to know the evolution of talking points so they could parse them until the cows come home.
Bet there were rabid left wingers around but there was nothing to be found. I'm sure they did some digging, though.

Old 10-15-2014, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Bet there were rabid left wingers around but there was nothing to be found. I'm sure the did some digging, though.
Yeah? Show me the rash of Congressional investigations they launched in the aftermath of these events, attempting to make a political scandal out of a tragedy. I'll wait....

Old 10-15-2014, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Yeah? Show me the rash of Congressional investigations they launched in the aftermath of these events, attempting to make a political scandal out of a tragedy. I'll wait....
Looking for truth is not 'making a political scandal'. There is a lot that we still don't know about Benghazi. The administration hasn't been forthcoming with all they know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies