Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2014, 10:03 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,080,363 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
The administration politicized the tragedy when they blamed it on a youtube video.
Surely, even you cannot believe a statement that palpably inane.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2014, 10:24 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,020,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
There was no Libya invasion.
not with ground troops, your right.

Old 05-02-2014, 10:24 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,271,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
The first time that change appears is in a Email from the CIA.

Rhodes' email does not show that the White House was pushing a false narrative. The false or incorrect narrative came from the CIA prior to the Rhodes email.

On top of that the Rhodes email was referring to the broader situation that involved multiple demonstrations at multiple U.S diplomatic facilities in multiple locations that continued to occur after the attack in Benghazi.

Middle east - Deadly anti-US protests spread across the world - France 24

Angry demonstrations and riots over an anti-Islamic film escalated across the Muslim world on Friday and spilled over into Saturday, killing several people and reaching as far as Sydney and the Maldives, as police struggled to protect US embassies.

• In Sydney hundreds of protesters clashed with police and hurled shoes at the US consulate.
  • At least six protesters died overnight Friday in Egypt, Tunisia, Lebanon and Sudan as police there battled to defend American embassies from mobs.
  • Dozens of people took part in a heated demonstration near the US embassy in Paris; French police arrested close to 100 people altogether.
  • Protests erupted in cities with large Muslim populations in countries as far away as Malaysia, Pakistan, Kenya, Nigeria, India and the Maldives.
Like I said before ...... it's the video tape, the emails and the Timeline that always get the O-Team in trouble.

September 11, 2012 was a Tuesday -
There was a 'protest' in Cairo, the US State Dept and CIA was warned it was coming and so they left only essential personnel as the Embassy. This 'protest' was all about the release of the Blind Sheik and was posted on the internet in Arabic on Sept 8 (about the same time an obscure Religion program began to talk about the Video trailer that nobody had even heard of). The protest was about noon, they scaled the walls of the Embassy - tore down the American Flag and raised the Black AQ flag.

The Attack on Benghazi in Libya began at about 9 pm, Libya time with heavy arms and no warning.

The "riots" that broke out across the Islamic countries (according to your own post) were Friday, which was September 14 & 15 ..... it all happened after the Rhodes emails, or at best - close to the same time.

The newest emails to be released show that the State Dept was perfectly aware AND emailing during the Terrorist Attack on Benghazi that they knew it was an AQ affiliated group AND they knew it was a Terror attack ..... and yet ....... both Obama & Clinton went on National TV the next morning to whine about a Video trailer.

Internal Emails: State Dept. Immediately Attributed Benghazi Attacks to Terrorist Group - May 1, 2014

Boehner has announced the House will vote to form a Select Committee for the Investigation - it will pass and anyone who votes against it will be on record as wanting to protect the cover-up. We have no idea what they are covering up, it could just be Panic and Incompetence - but it's clear there was a cover-up. We learned last night from the former member of Obama's staff that Obama was never in the Situation Room during any of the Attack - Dempsey & Panetta already testified that nobody from the Defense Department talked to anyone at either the State Department OR the White House after 5 pm - when the attack was just beginning.

Think about that - did they just not care? What in the world were all these people doing while those 32 people were fighting for their lives for over 8 hours? They gave pictures, a late night Presidential announcement and a complete Tick-Tock of the day/night that Osama bin-Laden was killed ..... and absolutely nothing but cover-up over 4 Americans, including the Ambassador getting Murdered in Benghazi. We need to also remember that not a single person has been arrested over this - one of the leaders was giving interviews to the news organizations, but the apparently our Federal Agencies know nothing about pretty much everything. Enough is more than Enough - they need to just come clean. As usual, it's always the LIES and the Cover-Up that get them in trouble.

Old 05-02-2014, 10:41 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,020,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Surely, even you cannot believe a statement that palpably inane.
You do not need to flatter me and I surely do believe the administration paraded the youtube video
scenario for political gain.

IMO Romney would not have won regardless of the Benghazi incident, but the Obama administration
was not so sure, considering not all was so honky dory on the home front.
And, Obama started to sound like a broken record to many.

I found more disenfranchised Dems that joined us over at the Libertarian Party side, simply because
of Obama's foreign policy decisions. We didn't attract that many Republicans (other than Paul supporters
that felt shafted by Romney) because they have a similar foreign policy to Obama's.

I have found with Obama's presidency, his team around him does not miss a beat when it comes to
campaigning.

But maybe you are right in the sense that I am giving him too much
intellectual credit.
After all, who would be dumb enough to believe that youtube scenario, if they were privy
to immediate facts. No one.

Old 05-02-2014, 11:48 AM

7,605 posts, read 4,846,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Too many people are getting wrapped around the axle.

Benghazi showed us that the inept and incompetent administration allowed security in Libya to become dangerously inadequate, even while the state department personnel in Libya were screaming for increased security and warning about terrorist attacks.

We still don't know who was responsible for reducing the security personnel, why requests for more security were ignored.

We don't know who those dozens of people in the Benghazi consulate were, nor what they were doing there.

We don't know why there were no plans put in place to respond to an attack on the consulate, even though it had been attacked in the past, and Stevens warned of future attacks.

We don't know where Obama was during the initial attack Obama told Penetta to handle it, and then neither Panetta nor Dempsey saw, or spoke with Sec. Clinton or the president the remainder of the night.

We don't have any answers to these and other questions because Obama is refusing to cooperate. and you are fat dumb and happy to be played like that and kept ignorant.
Actually we do have answers to some of those questions, but what do they have to do with the topic of this thread.

Some of the answers to those questions are highly unlikely ever to occur in an open session. it doesn't mean that they haven't been answered in closed sessions. There have been numerous closed sessions by multiple committees.

For the record as for your personnel attacks on me I think the reflect more on you then on me. To simplify it for you, I'm rubber and you are glue whatever you say bonces off of me and sticks to you.

Old 05-02-2014, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Your spinning this, and it is making me dizzy But I know what your saying.

That is why I love Rand Paul's testimony with Hillary sooooo much

Explosive: Sen. Rand Paul To Hillary Clinton - I Would Have Fired You - YouTube

"These are judgment errors."

"Had I been President at the time...."I would have relieved you of your post"

I esp. like the part about when he asks her about Turkey.
She says "Turkey?" What, didn't Hillary have her "talking points" in front of her to answer
I think the Senate hearings are slightly better in that the questioners are given more time. The 3 minutes the house uses is a joke. Particularly since so many of the Congress people are just repeating previous questions or have really lame questions that are just wasting everyone's time.

I'm not sure what you think I'm spinning. Here is the press release from the Armed services committee.

Press Releases - News - Armed Services Republicans

“I appreciate the service of Brigadier General Robert Lovell and his willingness to testify. He confirmed what my committee has understood for some time, that the military never believed this was a protest gone bad, and that the President fundamentally failed to posture our forces respond to any emergency in the weeks before 9/11.â€
"Beyond those confirmations, BG Lovell did not serve in a capacity that gave him reliable insight into operational options available to commanders during the attack, nor did he offer specific courses of action not taken. The Armed Services Committee has interviewed more than a dozen witnesses in the operational chain of command that night, yielding thousands of pages of transcripts, e-mails, and other documents. We have no evidence that Department of State officials delayed the decision to deploy what few resources DoD had available to respond.
"In the end, while BG Lovell did not further the investigation or reveal anything new, he was another painful reminder of the agony our military felt that night; wanting to respond but unable to do so."

Those statements which align with my reaction to Lovell's testimony and what I have written in this thread are not coming from a fan of Obama or an Obamabot.

Old 05-02-2014, 12:10 PM

Quote:
You do not know that for a fact.
Do I know what for a fact? The emails from the CIA, when they distributed their initial assessment for comment/review, have been released to the public. They had been made available to Congress prior to the public release. We have testimony from the CIA people involved. Susan Rice's comments on the Sunday shows align with the original CIA document before any of the suggested edits by the White House or the State Department.

Old 05-02-2014, 12:17 PM

Quote:
The assessment really does not matter much in the long run, it's just another distraction from the events leading up to the terror attack. The movie was a distraction, and the intrigue and guesswork behind where the assessment for rice's comments came from, is a distraction.
Its the whole point of this thread, it is what the Republicans have been using in an attempt to hammer Obama with for almost 2 years now. I suppose they are just priming the pump for when and if Clinton runs in 2016. I agree that it is a ridiculous position, but that doesn't stop the Republicans from raising it in hearings and Fox news continually raising it. There are much more important issues, there are more important aspects of the attack in Benghazi, but they don't contribute to the narrative that the Republicans are attempting to create about Obama.

Old 05-02-2014, 12:29 PM

7,444 posts, read 7,018,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
Its the whole point of this thread, it is what the Republicans have been using in an attempt to hammer Obama with for almost 2 years now. I suppose they are just priming the pump for when and if Clinton runs in 2016. I agree that it is a ridiculous position, but that doesn't stop the Republicans from raising it in hearings and Fox news continually raising it. There are much more important issues, there are more important aspects of the attack in Benghazi, but they don't contribute to the narrative that the Republicans are attempting to create about Obama.

Yes, the whole point (impeachment talk aside) is that the administration misled the american people with a false narrative that the attack was due to outrage over an internet movie. The initial assessment by the state department was that it was a terrorist attack - and they knew who did it:

State Dept. Al Sharia Email, May 1, 2014

The movie narrative was concocted later.

It's also troubling the administration did not produce the Ben Rhodes 9/14 email last year.

Old 05-02-2014, 12:29 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,271,173 times
Quote:
The thing is, the did not need the CIA back in Virginia to create an assessment, all they needed to do was ask the people in Libya, and those people never said there was a protest that went badly, they said it appeared to be a planned, and deliberate terrorist attack, with heavy weapons and dozens of terrorists.

There never was need for any guess work.
Exactly correct - but there was a lot of "need" to spin the entire thing to save the Presidential Election in 2012 ..... which is exactly what the Rhodes email was about in his list of "goals".

It looks like they put pure Politics over an Assassinated Ambassador and 3 other Dead Americans, they must have thought that the American people would have the normal short attention span.

It was all about protecting the White House and protecting the State Department - Obama and Clinton.
The Fast & Furious cover-up (same refusal to release documents & LIES before Congress in Testimony) was to protect Holder and protect Obama, since he invoked Executive Privilege over something he claimed to have never heard of - AND the IRS Targeting Scandal to protect the White House and Democrats from their Witch Hunt against political opponents.

We have a real pattern going here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies