Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2014, 04:56 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
So they go back to square 1 and start all over again, it is considered a good use of their time at least among Repubs. Maybe AFTER the newly elected Senators and Congressmen are sworn in they will get back to the REAL business of running the government, or maybe not
I am guessing we will have several more investigations so the Republicans can pretend they are doing something while they sit around doing nothing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2014, 05:10 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,846,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
I am guessing we will have several more investigations so the Republicans can pretend they are doing something while they sit around doing nothing.
If Hillary Clinton runs for President in 2016 then the investigations will continue until she loses the election or leaves office in 2025

Old 10-15-2014, 06:24 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,886,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Roger L. Simon » New Benghazi Emails Mean Obama Impeachment Trial Must Be Launched

Now that we've finally gotten past an owner of a basketball team and his nonsense, whats the over under the same media that couldnt get enough of this NBA story doesnt say a damn thing about one that matters?

Benghazi Emails Show White House Effort to Protect Obama | Washington Free Beacon

These orders came from the Obama Admin. Its time to start impeachment trials.
Let's Get Started!

Old 10-15-2014, 06:35 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
Let's Get Started!

"Lets Go" Truth trumps BS always. And lies have a way of catching up.

Old 10-15-2014, 07:01 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
If Hillary Clinton runs for President in 2016 then the investigations will continue until she loses the election or leaves office in 2025
Oh man, I don't want to listen to this nonsense till 2025. Though I am curious how long they would be able to continue with this nonsense just because they aren't getting the answer they want to hear.

Old 10-15-2014, 07:24 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,874,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Oh man, I don't want to listen to this nonsense till 2025. Though I am curious how long they would be able to continue with this nonsense just because they aren't getting the answer they want to hear.
Look no further than the birthers. Six years and they are still going strong, though their numbers have fallen off in the last few years and only the hardcore believers are left. The Benghazites are no different than birthers--they will never accept that reality doesn't conform to what they want to be true. They will never let it go, either. But their numbers have already dropped off as well. All the sane people have heard the evidence, concluded that there is no scandal, and moved on.

The birthers and Benghazites go on...and on and on and on.

I get a kick out of the posters here who are rooting for impeachment. As a Democrat I would like nothing more than to watch the GOP commit suicide by dragging the country through yet another baseless spectacle. Alas, I think the establishment Republicans aren't quite as stupid as some of the posters here on C-D. I doubt they'll go that route.

Old 10-16-2014, 01:54 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,698,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Sure. Grounds for impeachment: treason, bribery, and other high crimes and misdemeanors.

Your turn. Please explain how editing talking points as more information becomes known rises to that level.

"Talking points" are just that -- talking points to hold to the party line of "this is what we must tell them" no matter what they claim. In effect, close ranks and stick to the talking points -- and hope it all dies down.

Editing talking points is an attempt to backtrack, or revise what one has said before. At no time did I hear Rice say something to the effect that ..." we don't know but at this time we believe that..." She insisted, emphatically, on repeating her 'talking points' even after we all knew it wasn't true.

The more this is stirred, the more pieces of information come out, the more the whole thing smells, as do the people also who continue to defend the indefensible. There's something rotten in Denmark. [Sorry, Denmark, no offense, just speaking figuratively.]

Old 10-16-2014, 02:03 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,698,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Thank You for caring, and knowing the difference, between lies and truth. Some can't seem to understand the difference.

What do you expect from a liar in office and a lying administration, who think nothing of deceit. All they have done is tried to cover their own azz, for their errors in very bad judgement.

Anyone with half a brain, could see from day one, they were covering their backsides. Your so sensible. Truth for its own sake is definitely worth seeking and upholding, and has not one damn thing to do with any political party. It is getting to the truth of a very important matter, that should mean something to all of us. Politics should be set aside, when there is something as important as this, if one of the 4 who died were your child, you would think differently.

Certain people will never rise above partisanship, because they are so wacked out on the lies and deceit that is fed to them, and they buy it. And as Hillary did say, 'What difference does it make' well Hillary, if your daughter was one of the persons who died that night, I bet it would make a hell of a big difference to you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Bolded for the pure comedic value. If one didn't know better, one would think this post was a parody. And actually, it is, only the author doesn't realize it. Funny stuff!

Aww, and after you just spent all that time telling us you want the truth, you go and pull a quote out of context and pretend it meant something it didn't. So much for truth.
This is so predictable. Resorting to ridicule is the surest admission of being defenseless and having no argument in a debate.

Old 10-16-2014, 02:08 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
"Lets Go" Truth trumps BS always. And lies have a way of catching up.
Is that why the Repubs have not actually tried to do a thing because they have a lot of accusations and BS but are short on truth? No need to answer there answer has been there for anyone that was actually interested in seeing it. And the Pawns get played to keep them happy and voting in the "right" way. Mark my words Nothing will ever come of the Benghazi incident, no matter if someone claims it is "new" or not. The Repubs know they would be committing political suicide if they even tried since after all they would have prove some sort of wrongdoing by using real facts, something they are lacking in, and once that were to become known if a few of the sheep might be able to figure out that they have been used, not to mention that the GOP would lose any sort of Inde/Moderate support meaning their days would be numbered as a major Political Party in the USA. So, wrap your head around the fact that the GOP will be long on talk and short on any real action, they may not always be the sharpest knives in the drawer but they are not as stupid as some of the sheep that believe there is anything in the story that would warrant impeachment.

Old 10-16-2014, 02:09 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,284,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
So, the latter then?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies