Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2014, 07:01 AM

1,886 posts, read 2,233,332 times

Advertisements

I'll say whatever i want to anybody i want and not feel an ounce of shame or guilt because of the PC police in our society today..It's over the top..

And i see the "minority" getting away with things daily..Specifically illegal's who don't go through the process legally to enter our country and work..They are mostly construction workers who live here under the radar and send most of the earning back to their place of origin without paying taxes, and leave after so many years and go back to where they came..

While these abuses are blatant, they are almost encouraged by politicians who want to give these people a free pass..

My great grandparents didn't get a free pass when they came here...Instead they looked at signs that said "Italians need not apply" and the same can be said for the Irish community in boston...Irish need not apply even though they went through Ellis Island and where here legally and paid taxes their entire life, going on generations now..

So Yes!! People like myself feel some anger the way things are now..The south of the border construction worker i see at home depot "illegal" is making more than me and probably is getting Gov. funds..

My family has never asked for a dime from the Gov..yet our Social Security is in question down the road..And yes, I blame any employer who hires these people...

In the end, my family will be fine but things don't look hopeful for the white man. If you live in Beantown and are young and white..get onto the police force or become a firefighter, those Unions ring true!!

Old 04-30-2014, 07:07 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,259,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
No, I'm a white woman who was given heavy scholarships to my elite private high school because I brought up the test scores of the dumb rich kids and then received academically based scholarships to my Ivy League college. On the other hand I've spent a lot of time in trailer parks hanging out with "victims" who were a lot like the OP.

"I'm doomed to fail because I'm a white male."

No, you're doomed to fail because you never cracked a book for anything but a school assignment and probably not too much then.
Sorry, I wasn't aiming specifically at you,Jz. I was posting to all who make mention of a white person being fed up with all this reverse discrimination. Why should we keep having to pay over and over again for the sins of our forefathers? Believe it or not I wasn't very racist a couple of decades ago but I sure am now after all this BS.

Old 04-30-2014, 07:14 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,259,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brienzi View Post
I'll say whatever i want to anybody i want and not feel an ounce of shame or guilt because of the PC police in our society today..It's over the top..

And i see the "minority" getting away with things daily..Specifically illegal's who don't go through the process legally to enter our country and work..They are mostly construction workers who live here under the radar and send most of the earning back to their place of origin without paying taxes, and leave after so many years and go back to where they came..

While these abuses are blatant, they are almost encouraged by politicians who want to give these people a free pass..

My great grandparents didn't get a free pass when they came here...Instead they looked at signs that said "Italians need not apply" and the same can be said for the Irish community in boston...Irish need not apply even though they went through Ellis Island and where here legally and paid taxes their entire life, going on generations now..

So Yes!! People like myself feel some anger the way things are now..The south of the border construction worker i see at home depot "illegal" is making more than me and probably is getting Gov. funds..

My family has never asked for a dime from the Gov..yet our Social Security is in question down the road..And yes, I blame any employer who hires these people...

In the end, my family will be fine but things don't look hopeful for the white man. If you live in Beantown and are young and white..get onto the police force or become a firefighter, those Unions ring true!!
My Nana came from Norway and the only person who would hire her or my Scottish Grandfather was H.P.Hood. Nana was a maid and Gramps was the chauffer. They named my oldest uncle after him... Harold. Thank you, H.P.Hood for my family!!! ��

Old 04-30-2014, 07:22 AM

14,375 posts, read 18,432,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Sorry, I wasn't aiming specifically at you,Jz. I was posting to all who make mention of a white person being fed up with all this reverse discrimination. Why should we keep having to pay over and over again for the sins of our forefathers? Believe it or not I wasn't very racist a couple of decades ago but I sure am now after all this BS.

Old 04-30-2014, 07:23 AM

6,884 posts, read 20,447,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
We don't even look at those pages of an application until the preferred candidate has been selected.
sure you don't.

Old 04-30-2014, 07:26 AM

6,884 posts, read 20,447,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Why should we keep having to pay over and over again for the sins of our forefathers?
whose forefathers? Certainly not mine. My ancestors moved to New York (at the time, Nieuw Amsterdam) from the Netherlands and did not have the means for even so much as a house maid let alone a southern plantation full of slaves...

Old 04-30-2014, 07:38 AM

8,993 posts, read 21,217,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brienzi View Post
It's your right although, as thoroughly demonstrated by the Donald Sterling situation, actions have consequences.

Quote:
I'm with you. Would you agree that we should then fine and jail individuals and executives who hire said undocumented workers? How do you feel about the H1B visa workers in the tech industry who, not unlike the undocumented laborers, are willing to work for less money and therefore depress wages for and ramp up competition among American candidates?

Quote:
You are probably right: by both Democrats who wish to give clemency to long-term undocumented/expired visa workers who have paid taxes and/or have otherwise been model citizens as well as Republicans who have not spoken up about the aforementioned idea of fining and jailing those who hire undocumented workers.

Quote:
How white ethnics have been treated in the US relative to other groups is another story probably more appropriate to discuss over in the Great Debates forum.

Quote:
Again, be mad at the boss who hired them. Supply and demand. If the hiring managers didn't bring them on, they wouldn't be here.

Quote:
Ah, I missed this paragraph. It appears that we agree regarding employer culpability.

Quote:
The change to a spirit of fairness and equality that started in earnest during the second half of the last century has been a rough adjustment for all at times. When one experiences the results of that change in a personal and negative way, it is understandable to feel feel frustrated and not be interested in a larger context. Certainly there are those from both within and without the country that are taking advantage. (Who that may be could be subject to opinion.) I remain optimistic that we will eventually reach a place of fair and equal opportunity for all.

While I'm happy to see that we also agree on the value of unions, I don't know if everyone would want to get into a career where they are constantly putting their lives at risk.

Last edited by FindingZen; 04-30-2014 at 07:58 AM..

Old 04-30-2014, 07:40 AM

181 posts, read 379,665 times
I'm going to say the same thing I'm told when I bring up racism. Stop your bitching.

Old 04-30-2014, 07:41 AM

790 posts, read 1,273,313 times
Im still trying to figure out what "privelege" I have over non whites, LGBT, Women, etc.....

Old 04-30-2014, 07:47 AM

13,449 posts, read 15,556,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
We don't even look at those pages of an application until the preferred candidate has been selected.
Yes, and in addition, I did not have to put my race on an application. As an aside, I wholeheartedly believe I got the job because I was the best fit, not because I'm female, a minority, or whatever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies