Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2014, 03:12 AM

322 posts, read 286,395 times

Advertisements

Such privileged whining....*sigh* try being a muslim or arab and see how that feels. See how unfair you get treated and how many side eyes you get.

Old 04-30-2014, 03:39 AM

12,970 posts, read 9,656,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamingx View Post
Such privileged whining....*sigh* try being a muslim or arab and see how that feels. See how unfair you get treated and how many side eyes you get.
Good point.

Old 04-30-2014, 04:41 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,198,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
Based on your poor grammar, if you are the future, I surely feel sorry for it. I suspect what has stunted your life is not the fact that you are a white, straight male, but that you have apparently not done very much to educate yourself.

But it's much easier for people in your position to moan about being a poor oppressed member of the majority than it is for them to actually take action to learn new things and improve their capacity for critical thought.

Just somethin' to think about.
Must have read the book written by the NAACP. Now whites are whining and minorities don't like it, Huhn?? Too bad, so sad.

Old 04-30-2014, 04:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Libertarian View Post
I think Blacks men and Muslims/Arab men (and to a much lesser extent Hispanics) in the US DO have it harder on average than Whites....Some of it is there own doing and some of it is societies doing....However, what I don't like is when Women lump themselves in with Blacks and Minorities....White Women have it the EASIEST of any race/gender/group in the US....Women in general also have it easier than men of their respective race...

White Women are the most entitled "privileged" group in society....Yet they lump themselves in as if they have shared the experienced of Black and Arab Men....LOL....It is true that Women historically haven't had the same rights as Men, but they also haven't had even remotely as many responsibilities/hard ships as men have had throughout human history (I don't recall Women crawling on the beaches during DDay getting mowed down by machine gun fire) so it's a trade off....Kind of like a Captive Polar Bear vs a Wild Polar Bear.....The Captive Polar Bear doesn't have as much freedom as the Wild Polar Bear does, but which Bear has the easier life??? The Captive one by far.

Black Men in the US on the other hand have gotten a raw deal historically....They historically haven't had the same rights as White Men, yet they have still had just as many hardships/responsibilities as White Men have had (Black Men were over represented in terms of causalities in Vietnam/WW2/The Iraq War...etc)

My Uncle served with many Black Americans in the Vietnam war and he was very impressed with their bravery and skill in combat...

As for Gays....I think in most places they are at absolutely no disadvantage compared to Heteros (hell they may even have an edge over Heteros in some places)
Funny my Nam vet hubby told me they were the laziest of his unit. Of course we aren't PC people.

Old 04-30-2014, 04:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockwiz View Post
You forget that straight white men are now pedophiles as well, you are not allowed to help or even look at children in any way if you are a white male out and about.. you must ignore them, not make eye contact, and go about your business.
This post reminds me of the time I literally stopped my husband from talking to a kid because of all that BS. He was just being his normal kind self but I knew that was a no-no nowadays. My hubby was oblivious to the changes of society.

Old 04-30-2014, 05:05 AM

1,041 posts, read 1,521,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamingx View Post
They've earned their reputation.

Old 04-30-2014, 05:14 AM

790 posts, read 1,268,582 times
I guess I should feel "privileged". Or "guilt"y

Old 04-30-2014, 05:20 AM

16,215 posts, read 11,335,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
We aren't politically correct, we are just correct.
And with such an attitude, how long will it be before you start persecuting and silencing those who don't see it your way?

Old 04-30-2014, 05:36 AM

10,261 posts, read 21,753,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The b8nk View Post
Seems if you arent a part of some minority group you are being outcasted in america these days. I feel sorry for the future...
Your self pity about being a member of the most powerful racial-gender group in the nation is unseemly.

Old 04-30-2014, 05:38 AM

10,261 posts, read 21,753,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
And with such an attitude, how long will it be before you start persecuting and silencing those who don't see it your way?
I don't think he'll do that, nor does he want to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies