Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2014, 08:01 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
And I will agree.

I own land just south of Tela.

I pay money to the local gang......and the local police.....it is just the way business is done there.

In 2009 (I think) Obama thought he made some changes in government there.....IMO....things got worse.

Democrats press Obama over US complicity with Honduras' dirty war | Mark Weisbrot | World news | theguardian.com

Edited to ad a link.
LMAO...There's no end to it.

Obama is responsible for Honduras being a dump. The same dump it's been since long before he was born.

Old 05-20-2014, 08:03 AM

89,029 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Again with the blue state nonsense? Who gives a damn!
It's not nonsense. The income gap is widest and school segregation is higher in blue states. Both of those disproportionately negatively impact minorities. Why is that okay with Democrats?

Quote:
Uncle Tom? Yep. If they stop Tomming, they won't get called Toms. Simple.
How very internecine of you.

Your premise is that there's a Black way to act and vote? That's racist.

Old 05-20-2014, 08:05 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,348,515 times
Quote:

Obama is responsible for Honduras being a dump. The same dump it's been since long before he was born.
Even his own party questioned his involvement......there just wasn't much on the news.

Old 05-20-2014, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Does Sowell think Jim Crow would be better?
That's what I wanna know.

The obsequious and servile fawning from conservatives about everything Sowell says is amazing. There can't be another black man in human history with more lip marks on his patootie than Thomas Sowell.

The guy can step out of his house to sneeze, and there'd be 5000 conservatives on his doorstep panting and sighing about what a great ha-choo that was.

Old 05-20-2014, 08:08 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,348,515 times
Quote:

Here is another link....

Obama 'meddles' in Honduras -- and chooses the wrong side - NY Daily News

Old 05-20-2014, 08:12 AM

Quote:
That's what I wanna know.

The obsequious and servile fawning from conservatives about everything Sowell says is amazing. There can't be another black man in human history with more lip marks on his patootie than Thomas Sowell.

The guy can step out of his house to sneeze, and there'd be 5000 conservatives on his doorstep panting and sighing about what a great ha-choo that was.
Do you consider Sowell an "Uncle Tom" because he doesn't act Black enough for you?

Old 05-20-2014, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
It's not nonsense. The income gap is widest and school segregation is higher in blue states. Both of those disproportionately negatively impact minorities. Why is that okay with Democrats?

How very internecine of you.

Your premise is that there's a Black way to act and vote? That's racist.
What's with this "negatively impact minorities" stuff? Are you gonna keep up this feigned concern for minorities foolishness?

And I don't care about the blue state argument. Why is school segregation important in 2014?

And no...there is no premise about a "Black way to act." That's nonsense.

There is however an obligation to represent the race properly. That has nothing to do with politics.

J.C. Watts represents the race quite well. So does Michael Steele. Being conservative has nothing to do with it.

It has to do with behavior...which is why Allen West and Clarence Thomas are UT's.

Anyway, this thread isn't about that, is it?

Old 05-20-2014, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Do you consider Sowell an "Uncle Tom" because he doesn't act Black enough for you?
Does it matter to you whether I do or not?

Old 05-20-2014, 08:26 AM

Quote:
What's with this "negatively impact minorities" stuff? Are you gonna keep up this feigned concern for minorities foolishness?
Black majority schools have lower test scores. Black workers are disproportionately negatively impacted by wider income gaps.

Quote:
And I don't care about the blue state argument.
Is that why Blacks vote Democrat? Blacks don't care that they're the most oppressed, comparatively, in blue states? Blacks actually want to be oppressed, and vote for it? That's really odd...

Quote:
And no...there is no premise about a "Black way to act." That's nonsense.

It has to do with behavior...which is why Allen West and Clarence Thomas are UT's.
You just contradicted yourself.

Old 05-20-2014, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Black majority schools have lower test scores. Black workers are disproportionately negatively impacted by wider income gaps.

Is that why Blacks vote Democrat? Blacks don't care that they're the most oppressed, comparatively, in blue states? Blacks actually want to be oppressed, and vote for it? That's really odd...

You just contradicted yourself.
No...I didn't.

Nowhere did I say that there was a "Black way to act." Those are your words. Silly words at that.

There is however a proper way for a man to carry himself. The two clowns I mentioned don't measure up.

Now back to this oppression nonsense..

Whoever told you that blacks are oppressed? Blacks vote for Democrats because it's the better of the two options. If the other option was better, they'd vote for it.

If black schools have lower test scores, then they need to address that by working harder in school to improve them. If black workers are badly affected by the income gap, then they have to work harder to close the gap.

But the idea that voting Republican (what you're basically saying by circumlocution) would fix those problems is nonsense. We aren't going to vote for a party that is openly hostile to black people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies