Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2014, 10:22 AM

59,113 posts, read 27,340,319 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Thank you for the info. I am GLAD to see a few do speak out. I wish there was a lot more.

I am NOT trying to confrontational or dismissing your links. Just out of curiosity, do you have any links to the major TV sources other then FOX, like ABC, CBS, NBC or CNN?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2014, 01:00 PM

7,492 posts, read 11,833,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
The discrimination on display is embarassing. Keep it up!
What are you talking about?

Old 05-22-2014, 02:23 PM

5,319 posts, read 8,988,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gretsky99 View Post
Ye who believe! Murder those of the disbelievers....Qur'an

Yup...religion of peace.
Hate to inform you ... but Religious Terrorism is not specific to Muslims Only !!!

Read this:

Christian terrorism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
Christian terrorism comprises terrorist acts by groups or individuals who use Christian motivations or goals for their actions. As with other forms of religious terrorism, Christian terrorists have relied on interpretations of the tenets of faith – in this case, the Bible. Such groups have cited Old Testament and New Testament scriptures to justify violence and killing or to seek to bring about the "end times" described in the New Testament.[1]
For example ....

Quote:
Over 20 Hindus in Tripura were reported killed by the NLFT from 1999 to 2001 for resisting forced conversion to Christianity.[16] According to Hindus in the area, there have also been forced conversions of tribal villagers to Christianity by armed NLFT militants.[16
and this ...

Quote:
The group has committed religious violence, as a part of NSCN's described mission of forcibly converting the animist Naga to Christianity.

There are BAD PEOPLE and GOOD PEOPLE all over the world ..... PERIOD!

And yes ... even WE LIBERALS know this !!!

Just not sure why YOU don't?

Old 05-22-2014, 02:27 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 26 days ago)

29,568 posts, read 16,556,695 times
damn liberals

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nan2PC_-rxk

i wish i could find that 9/12/01 Clip of President Bush. He actually uses the word peaceful in that one.

Old 05-22-2014, 02:30 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,233,828 times
Quote:
Muslims Are A Peaceful People---Really
Its true. And a Muslim will kill you if you tell him he is lying.

Old 05-22-2014, 02:43 PM

2 posts, read 1,254 times
Quote:
I read this story this morning, and its gnawing at me more and more.

These guys are a bunch of savages.
You point out religion while neglecting other obvious factors. This kind of stuff happens all over Africa, Muslim or not.

Old 05-22-2014, 02:46 PM

39,230 posts, read 27,623,465 times
Religion is not purely text, but it is also how the text is interpreted and acted on. It is the job of muslims to interpret their religion properly and correct false interpretations.

Maybe Muslims on this site can give us the answer "Is Muslim a peaceful religion? Are Muslims peaceful people?"

I've known perhaps 4 Muslims in real life. I don't have problems with them and they don't have problems with me. Then again, we never talked about religion with each other.

Old 05-22-2014, 02:48 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,380,933 times
The further Muslims are away from the middle east turmoil and the even worse turmoil in Africa, the more peaceful they are.
Religon does not bring about savagery; desire for power and control over a less powerful group is always the cause, although religion is very often the excuse for the savagery.

The same claims can be said about Christians, Hindus, and all other of the world's religions. All religions have equally bloody histories, and more wholesale bloodspilling has been done in recent history than in the past. Fewer humans inhabited the planet in the past. Even though some of the ancient fights were savage, through most of history, the weaponry used by both sides was equal, as was the risk to both sides. This is no longer so.

Our modern warfare is much more savage than it was just 50 years ago. Every device of warfare constantly becomes more capable of killing larger numbers of people, noble or not, innocent or not, than the earlier devices.

Old 05-22-2014, 02:53 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,145,620 times
Quote:
I read this story this morning, and its gnawing at me more and more.

These guys are a bunch of savages.

Imagine the news coverage and international backlash If a Christian even assaulted a Muslim At home here. There would be riots, and every news organization would eat that story up.

Vs a state sponsored murder for the crime of being a Christian and marrying a Christian.

Where are all the Hashtags and angry news reporters?

Oh yeah, I forgot. Muslims are off limits.

The only group left that people are free to attack is the Christians.

The real reason why liberals won't attack muslims---they're "Cowards"

Sudan Orders Christian Woman Hanged After Giving Birth | WREG.com
Most people don't understand the statement that Islam is the religion of Peace.

It does not mean that they are a peaceful religion. It means that the people who follow the religion are "AT PEACE with Allah and with themselves. They are "at peace" meaning they are content, satisfied, happy.

There is a big difference.

20yrsinBranson

Old 05-22-2014, 06:23 PM

1,143 posts, read 1,080,713 times
Quote:
There are BAD PEOPLE and GOOD PEOPLE all over the world ..... PERIOD!

And yes ... even WE LIBERALS know this !!!

Just not sure why YOU don't?
Really why do you keep circling the wagons for muslim terrorists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies