Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2014, 12:09 AM

1,730 posts, read 1,362,821 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fancy-Schmancy View Post
I also say that gun owners are 'peaceful people'...yet they also spend a good deal of time shooting, killing, and getting shot.

Not much 'outcry' about it, except when someone shoots up a school or a restaurant.
Show me where legal gun owners shoot others or get shot a "good deal of the time"', provide a link.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2014, 12:11 AM

1,730 posts, read 1,362,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Your definition of terrorist must be "foreign people coming to America", because we have had plenty of Christian terrorist from right here in America.
Yeah, those crazy Christians and their beheadings. I won't even mention the IEDs they deploy...yawn

Old 06-06-2014, 04:25 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,784,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
Incidents like that in Islamic dominated countries are not that unusual... also why they don't make the news much. It's awful.

The usual suspects will be here shortly to deflect and change the topic to "but, but, 500+ years ago the Christians..."
One doesn't have to go back that far. Just go back to 1925 to 1961.

Catholic Church tossed 800 Irish orphans into septic tank grave - Washington Times

Old 06-06-2014, 04:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
A Muslim explained it to me -- he said that Muslims very much want peace, but peace will only come when the entire world submits to Islam.

He said as long as people have separate religions and believe in different ways, there will be war. He said someday there will be peace on earth, that will be the day that everyone has been converted and everyone lives under Islamic laws.

He said they would prefer the world converts to Islam peacefully. Just accept it has to be done one way or another.

So yes -- Muslims are "peaceful" but you have to understand what their definition of that is.
You give an example of what one Muslim said. Do you know for a fact that he speaks for all Muslims? Is this the same as you thinking that everyone with brown skin is an illegal and uneducated?

Old 06-06-2014, 05:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
I sure do wish SOME, any, of these non-violent Muslims would speak out and condemn the violence that their fellow Muslims engage in.
What makes you think they don't? Do some research.

Old 06-06-2014, 05:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
They won't. They are either scared or agree.
That's nothing more than your opinion. You too should do some research.

Old 06-06-2014, 05:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Not good enough. No name websites don't count. Where is it on the NATIONAL stage? Marches, social network campaigns, tv spots..Where? I've NEVER seen it in any great number, just a single Muslim here or there.
What do you suggest, a weekly rally where Muslims apologize for the actions of extremists?

Old 06-06-2014, 05:15 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,596,615 times
I know a lot of liberals who don't like islam but I agree that the majority of islam supporters are liberal. Islam is not peaceful, the Muslim leaders in Europe have explained this many many times on television and YouTube. Islam is about conquest. It's against rights for women, gays, other religions... Just about everything America stands for.

Old 06-06-2014, 06:07 AM

12,041 posts, read 6,574,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fancy-Schmancy View Post
Killing is killing...

Gretsky is tarring all Muslims with a broad brush. I'm just saying that you can do that with other groups...

And if you are so concerned about Christians getting shot, look around the USA.
Oh goodness yes, everywhere I look Christians are killing people. All those Christian suicide bombers!
All those Christians stoning women to death in public places and shouting Glory to Jesus! All the Christian soldiers who hide behind women and children or fight from inside churches and schools filled with civilians. All the journalists beheaded by Christians! Daily I see Jews killed, gang raped, tortured by Christians - and all the millions of Christian girls and women denied an education, a drivers license, forced to wear burkas, just like the Muslims do- how accurate your comparison is

Old 06-06-2014, 06:27 AM

12,041 posts, read 6,574,734 times
What I don't understand about liberals is that they totally understand the barbaric nature of Nazis, white supremacy, KKK, homophobia,and mysogyny when it has to do with Americans, but when Islam is unabashedly about religious and gender supremacy they excuse and minimize it!??!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies