Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2014, 11:17 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fancy-Schmancy View Post
I also say that gun owners are 'peaceful people'...yet they also spend a good deal of time shooting, killing, and getting shot.

Not much 'outcry' about it, except when someone shoots up a school or a restaurant.
Right. I don't think there is a peaceful group of people in US, or anywhere for that matter. I don't even know which group in US might be the most peaceful, because it seems like there is violence and murder everywhere you look. We are a violent country, there is no escaping it.

"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2014, 11:24 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,193,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreutz View Post
Read your own link; they're almost all recycled articles from the AP, Reuters, etc. And they're all about the violence ("genocide" crops up a bit I see) there, further showing Islam is not peaceful.

Incidentally HuffPo is not journalism; they merely aggregate others works on their website.
Huffpost is still a liberal news source, sorry that they aren't covering it the exact same way right wing news sources cover it.

Old 05-21-2014, 11:34 AM

7,846 posts, read 6,407,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Name one Christian country in which the state passes laws that requrie the execution of people that are not of the Christian faith, or that leave that faith.

This isn't about one wacko Muslim or Christian doing mindless, vicious crap in the name of his superstition. It's about an entire country basing laws on that superstition and murdering those that don't follow it. See the difference?
Name one "Christian country"

(Hint: The United States, Canada, Australia, the UK... they aren't "Christian countries.")

Old 05-21-2014, 11:41 AM

39,230 posts, read 27,618,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gretsky99 View Post
I read this story this morning, and its gnawing at me more and more.

These guys are a bunch of savages.

Imagine the news coverage and international backlash If a Christian even assaulted a Muslim At home here. There would be riots, and every news organization would eat that story up.

Vs a state sponsored murder for the crime of being a Christian and marrying a Christian.

Where are all the Hashtags and angry news reporters?

Oh yeah, I forgot. Muslims are off limits.

The only group left that people are free to attack is the Christians.

The real reason why liberals won't attack muslims---they're "Cowards"

Sudan Orders Christian Woman Hanged After Giving Birth | WREG.com
Even if ALL Sudan Muslims are violent (Which I really doubt)

STILL Doesn't mean ALL Muslim in the WORLD are violent.

Why do you have to generalize these people?!

Old 05-21-2014, 11:44 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,227,263 times
The majority of Muslims are peaceful. It is the militant extremists who are not.

Old 05-21-2014, 11:44 AM

25,768 posts, read 18,826,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
Name one "Christian country"

(Hint: The United States, Canada, Australia, the UK... they aren't "Christian countries.")
Although you were obviously trying to deflect the topic, you are hanging yourself here. Half the countries in the Middle East ARE Muslim countries. And that seems to be where most all of the stonings are going on... officially sanctioned by the governments... no?

Since you've pointed out that the United States, Canada, Australia, the UK are not Christian countries, you've effectively invalidated much from your previous posts. You can't very well have officially sanctioned Christian stonings when there is no such thing as an official body to grant such actions.

Old 05-21-2014, 11:45 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,244,094 times
2.1 BILLION people are Muslims. About 23% od the world population.

Muslim Population in the World

Old 05-21-2014, 11:46 AM

25,768 posts, read 18,826,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
The majority of Muslims are peaceful.
This is true. But that does not mean there are no officially sanctioned atrocities in Muslim countries.

Old 05-21-2014, 11:53 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,215,209 times
If I remember right, it was George Bush leading the "Islam is a religion of peace" parade.

I'm a liberal, and I hate it. Just like I hate every other religion.

Old 05-21-2014, 12:00 PM

7,846 posts, read 6,407,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Although you were obviously trying to deflect the topic, you are hanging yourself here. Half the countries in the Middle East ARE Muslim countries. And that seems to be where most all of the stonings are going on... officially sanctioned by the governments... no?

Since you've pointed out that the United States, Canada, Australia, the UK are not Christian countries, you've effectively invalidated much from your previous posts. You can't very well have officially sanctioned Christian stonings when there is no such thing as an official body to grant such actions.
Not really. I don't think there is any evidence to say Muslims are "more violent" than Christians. Christians have more blood on their hands than any religion. I'm an agnostic atheist, so I look at it from the outside. "Muslim's are bad, Christians are good" is basically two people arguing over who's made up diety is "more right" than the other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies