Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2014, 11:03 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,457,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longford View Post
The best definition I've read describing "Progressives" suggests people who label themselves as such believe in moderate political change, and social improvement by government action. The "social improvement" would be progressive's support for women suffrage, civil rights for African-Americans, supporting early days of space exploration, the 40-hour work week and same-sex marriage. Such a description is a far cry from what one might thing of a "Communist".

So, if someone is the opposite of a "progressive," who/what are they? They may be conservative but they're really "regressive." People who favor becoming less advanced.

If I had to choose between being labeled one of two ways, it wouldn't be as a "regressive."

You might want to tone-down accusing so many people of being "Communist." Unless, of course, you've associated with so many Communists that you can easily identify who is, and who isn't.
Pure BS. I see you are easily fooled.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2014, 11:03 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,329,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gretsky99 View Post
I read this story this morning, and its gnawing at me more and more.

These guys are a bunch of savages.

Imagine the news coverage and international backlash If a Christian even assaulted a Muslim At home here. There would be riots, and every news organization would eat that story up.

Vs a state sponsored murder for the crime of being a Christian and marrying a Christian.

Where are all the Hashtags and angry news reporters?

Oh yeah, I forgot. Muslims are off limits.

The only group left that people are free to attack is the Christians.

The real reason why liberals won't attack muslims---they're "Cowards"

Sudan Orders Christian Woman Hanged After Giving Birth | WREG.com
Pity you can't tell the extremist hardliners from ordinary Muslim people.
Take these kids, for example....

Pharrell Williams Happy video get Iranian youths arrested - Arts & Entertainment - CBC News

Old 05-21-2014, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Here is your link. Try and deny it.

Sabra and Shatila massacre - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Karantina massacre - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This is a good one also.

Militia boasts of role in Sabra massacre | Film | The Observer

I correct myself from about 2000 to 3500 men women and children shot with ak 47s and grenades and HACKING them to death.
Isreali's don't use AK47's, the ISLAMISTS do!

Old 05-21-2014, 11:06 AM

25,768 posts, read 18,826,754 times
After reading each post on this thread (to this point), here is a summary for you:

Number of posts on topic, directly relating to the OP: 8
Number of posts vaguely on topic: 6
Number of off-topic posts: 49

Number of personal attacks: 29

Stats:

On topic: 12.7%
Semi-on-topic: 9.5%
off-topic: 77.8%

Posts with personal attacks: 46.0%

Here's my off-topic response to a off-topic post to add to the off-topic count:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
Gotta love these ignorant threads.

Muslims are not any more violent than Christians.
First of all let me note that you are using the present tense of "to be" in your response. This implies that you are talking about right now, not yesteryear or yester-century or yester-millenium. If you wish to recant that tense, feel free, but for now we will assume you are talking about right now.

Secondly, if we are going to discuss religion and put blame on religion for the action of the members, we probably should restrict ourselves to "official doctrine."

Now that we have gotten that out of the way, can you show me official doctrine (right now at this very instant) condoning the stoning to death of women who marry outside the faith, women who commit adultery, women who fornicate, women who disobey their husbands, homosexuals, and those who commit serious "offenses" to their deity or faith? Look at the various faiths and tally them up. Let us know.

I was driving down the road past our local Christian (Catholic, Protestant, LDS, Christian Science, etc) chapel the other day and I noticed a woman buried to her neck being stoned to death and another woman who was hanging by her neck from a tree -- SAID NO ONE EVER IN OUR MODERN TIMES.

I was driving down the road past our local Islamic house of worship the other day and I noticed a woman buried to her neck being stoned to death and another woman who was hanging by her neck from a tree -- SAID WHO WHERE?

Again, try to stay on task here. We are talking about accepted state/society sanctioned religious organizations in the RIGHT NOW present, not during the crusades or dark ages. Where are these Christian stonings taking place? Is it Catholic? Greek Orthodox? The Mormons? Christian Sciences? Where are these Christian stonings and hangings? Show me. Which city has Christians roving through the streets with burning bodies dragging behind their jeeps? Which Christian Theocracy is doing that? Which Christian non-theocracy is doing that?

At the very most, you can make the claim that the people actually doing these things are whacko offshoots, but that there seems to be entire nations that have become whacko offshoots. That being the case, I simply do not see entire whacko Christian nations stoning their "sinners" to death.

Last edited by ChrisC; 05-21-2014 at 11:17 AM..

Old 05-21-2014, 11:06 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,596,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
The Huffington Post seems to be covering it.

South Sudan Violence
Read your own link; they're almost all recycled articles from the AP, Reuters, etc. And they're all about the violence ("genocide" crops up a bit I see) there, further showing Islam is not peaceful.

Incidentally HuffPo is not journalism; they merely aggregate others works on their website.

Old 05-21-2014, 11:07 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,244,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Isreali's don't use AK47's, the ISLAMISTS do!
Caught you not reading the links didn't we? What is your opinion of the Israelis on there part in this massacre?

Old 05-21-2014, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Here is your link. Try and deny it.

Sabra and Shatila massacre - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Karantina massacre - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This is a good one also.

Militia boasts of role in Sabra massacre | Film | The Observer

I correct myself from about 2000 to 3500 men women and children shot with ak 47s and grenades and HACKING them to death.
You said they were Israelis. They were other ARABS killing ARABS. Nothing new. They are STILL doing this. Nothing to see here.

Old 05-21-2014, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Caught you not reading the links didn't we? What is your opinion of the Israelis on there part in this massacre?
I read them. Israel had nothing to do with ARABS killing ARABS. WTF are you even talking about?

Old 05-21-2014, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
After reading each post on this thread (to this point), here is a summary for you:

Number of posts on topic, directly relating to the OP: 8
Number of posts vaguely on topic: 6
Number of off-topic posts: 49

Number of personal attacks: 29

Stats:

On topic: 12.7%
Semi-on-topic: 9.5%
off-topic: 77.8%

Posts with personal attacks: 46.0%

Here's my off-topic response to a off-topic post to add to the off-topic count:

First of all let me note that you are using the present tense of "to be" in your response. This implies that you are talking about right now, not yesteryear or yester-century or yester-millenium. If you wish to recant that tense, feel free, but for now we will assume you are talking about right now.

Secondly, if we are going to discuss religion and put blame on religion for the action of the members, we probably should restrict ourselves to "official doctrine."

Now that we have gotten that out of the way, can you show me official doctrine (right now at this very instant) condoning the stoning to death of women who marry outside the faith, women who commit adultery, women who fornicate, women who disobey their husbands, homosexuals, and those who commit serious "offenses" to their deity or faith? Look at the various faiths and tally them up. Let us know.

I was driving down the road past our local Christian (Catholic, Protestant, LDS, Christian Science, etc) chapel the other day and I noticed a woman buried to her neck being stoned to death and another woman who was hanging by her neck from a tree -- SAID NO ONE EVER IN OUR MODERN TIMES.

I was driving down the road past our local Islamic chapel the other day and I noticed a woman buried to her neck being stoned to death and another woman who was hanging by her neck from a tree -- SAID WHO WHERE?

Again, try to stay on task here. We are talking about accepted state/society sanctioned religious organizations in the RIGHT NOW present, not during the crusades or dark ages. Where are these Christian stonings taking place? Is it Catholic? Greek Orthodox? The Mormons? Christian Sciences? Where are these Christian stonings and hangings? Show me. Which city has Christians roving through the streets with burning bodies dragging behind their jeeps? Which Christian Theocracy is doing that? Which Christian non-theocracy is doing that? Officially outside of some offshoot whackos?

At the very least, you can make the claim that the people actually doing these things are whacko offshoots, but that there seems to be entire nations that have become whacko offshoots. That being the case, I simply do not see entire whacko Christian nations stoning their "sinners" to death.

Great Post!

Old 05-21-2014, 11:15 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,244,094 times
The Israelis were in charge od the compound and they knew from the beginning of what would happen if they let the Christian Militia in on the Palestinians.

Isn't a Christian a Christian no matter if he is an Arab or a Chinese or a Mexican./

You said it didn't matter because the Christian Militia were Arabs.

So who is it you hate? Arabs or Muslims?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies