Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2014, 07:52 AM

741 posts, read 764,404 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffdano View Post
The reason someone might care about is if the female was paid the same as a man, yet received many extra weeks of time off per year. Such an employee would be far less productive and could not be counted on to do the same amount of work. Finally - such an accommodation would affect meeting schedules and other functions that would otherwise require this person.
You're really going to stick with that line of justification? Really? They're the same types of remarks men have been making about women in the workplace ... for ever so long. And they're empty in substance/relevancy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2014, 08:00 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,830,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
What medication is that?
Any NSAID, such as Motrin, Advil, Midol, etc.

Old 05-22-2014, 08:04 AM

3,091 posts, read 3,967,872 times
Natalie - my daughter suffered pretty terribly and a nurse recommended one week before I put her on double doses of calcium, magnesium, vitamin d and c, start naproxim sodium (Aleve) two days before, watch sugar and junk food especially soft drinks. Voila--no more problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
What medication is that?

Old 05-22-2014, 08:09 AM

15,637 posts, read 10,393,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longford View Post
The discussion is about another discussion, at another website, in which women were talking about advocating inclusion of a medical issue which pertains to women only as approved time off ... such as in sick days which are part of the salary package for many workers. It's not about someone "stealing from an employer."

FACT: Liberals are the TRUE progenitors of the “war on women”. Is it empowering to women to hold up a naturally occurring biological process, around for like FOREVER, unchanged, as an event by which one is rendered incapable of performing one’s own means of gainful employment? How is this empowering?

Encouraging women to be slackers and take paid time off for what, cramps? bloating? a “fat” day? Who’s empowered by what, here? Really, **********.

Rather, empower yourself. Suck it up and have some female dignity.

Old 05-22-2014, 09:04 AM

741 posts, read 764,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Suck it up and have some female dignity.
I'll suggest that you're not a person who should speak to others about having some dignity.

Old 05-22-2014, 09:32 AM

39,874 posts, read 26,514,597 times
Women getting an extra 12 weeks of paid vacation every year, for being female? Equal pay for equal work my azz!

By the same logic, men should be able to take every Monday off as "hangover day".

Old 05-22-2014, 09:39 AM

6,262 posts, read 5,071,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
FACT: Liberals are the TRUE progenitors of the “war on women”. Is it empowering to women to hold up a naturally occurring biological process, around for like FOREVER, unchanged, as an event by which one is rendered incapable of performing one’s own means of gainful employment? How is this empowering?

Encouraging women to be slackers and take paid time off for what, cramps? bloating? a “fat” day? Who’s empowered by what, here? Really, **********.

Rather, empower yourself. Suck it up and have some female dignity.
I'm a woman. Where is female dignity indeed. I can't even believe this was put out there as a serious proposition. This thread is embarassing and once again I am reminded that the inmates are running the asylum.

Old 05-22-2014, 09:48 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
I used to work with a group in Scandinavia and one woman got a week off each month for this.
Seriously? Not that Wiki is the last word, but according to them, menstrual leave is the law in a few Asian countries and was considered in Russia.
Menstrual leave - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 05-22-2014, 09:53 AM

6,262 posts, read 5,071,153 times
I think menstrual leave should be implemented in the military. Those in combat positions and out in the field should be excused from combat for a week every month.

Insert sarcasm icon here.

Old 05-22-2014, 12:25 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
I guess having menstruation pain for some, is akin to a bear that wants to be free,
it's unBEAR able.....

Some doc somewhere was just trying to be clever.
He was saying to medicate before hand.. hence keep the bear in the cage. I didn't appreciate the comment myself but I can't believe that I had to explain it's meaning. Wow, people are dumb.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies