Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2014, 06:12 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,928,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapaport

Of course, do that only if you want to be proven wrong again as even in the us gun-free NYC has HALF the murder rate of gun loving Houston or Dallas while gun controlling states have lower murder rates than gun loving states

Someone else posed this question and you didn't answer, so I wanted to give you another chance....

If as you say, "gun control works" then why is "gun loving Houston and Dallas" much safer than say, Chicago?

As the other poster said, you have to take the stats as a whole, not just the ones you like.

Old 05-26-2014, 06:12 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,928,695 times
The father makes a lot of sense to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KyZyB5VjhE

Old 05-26-2014, 06:14 PM

1,070 posts, read 742,371 times
No, it's because the right believe that everybody should be able to own guns, preferably automatic machine guns and on public display. Like in Afghanistan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
That's true, he did have that right, but only because the Liberal Left continues to prioritize the privacy and anonymity of the mentally deranged over the safety and well being of the rest of us.....

That's a pretty important piece of information to leave out, don't you think?

Old 05-26-2014, 06:16 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,928,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
What about the innocent people who die because they couldn't defend themself?
They don't count apparently....

Those people who defend themselves with guns every year do not even factor in to Left's argument.... They refuse to ackowledge them, because if they did, they would either have end their push for gun control, or be forced to admit that the lives of people who are saved with guns do not matter as much as the lives of those who are taken by guns....

It's quite a corner they've painted themselves in....

Old 05-26-2014, 06:19 PM

39,380 posts, read 27,772,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post

This is so incredibly sad.. I wish people can watch this video.

I do support 2rd amendment right. Why did this tragedy take place in a no gun zone California just puzzle me. He was right about no parents should have gone through this. But seriously, what is the solution?

Old 05-26-2014, 06:19 PM

1,070 posts, read 742,371 times
Geez, and to think that gun-free New York is twice safer than Dallas and Houston. After listening to gunners here, one could think guns bring law and order to lawless American cities. Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
They don't count apparently....

Those people who defend themselves with guns every year do not even factor in to Left's argument.... They refuse to ackowledge them, because if they did, they would either have end their push for gun control, or be forced to admit that the lives of people who are saved with guns do not matter as much as the lives of those who are taken by guns....

It's quite a corner they've painted themselves in....

Old 05-26-2014, 06:21 PM

7,545 posts, read 5,796,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
I would love to see all students take hunter safety classes in school.

Our state gives special youth hunts.....this is great....it gives the youth an advantage to get a big deer/bear/fish...many seasons and keeps them interested.

IMO....let these kids see what damage a firearm can do.
The state I grew up in has special youth hunts as well. My father was very serious about gun safety. At one point during a hunt I pointed my rifle at the ground to unload. Unfortunately, although pointed at the ground, it was pointed into the center of the circle we were standing in. I'll never forget the look on his face, he took the rifle and I was done hunting for the day.

Sadly, the solution for anything moonbat is if they don't agree with something to remove it. Even worse, they create a very large amount of the problems. This kid was a train wreck created by the very culture that raised him. It unfortunate, someone carrying didn't take him out before he killed all those people.

Old 05-26-2014, 06:23 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,859,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
This is so incredibly sad.. I wish people can watch this video.

I do support 2rd amendment right. Why did this tragedy take place in a no gun zone California just puzzle me. He was right about no parents should have gone through this. But seriously, what is the solution?
And there's the other parents -- but you won't see liberals care one iota for them or their grief -- the parents of the roommate for example, they were so proud of their only son --- but to the liberal media his death doesn't count because he was killed with a knife.

The news media is just going to show this one parent -- over and over and over and over -- the others can grief in silence.

NBC News - Breaking News & Top Stories - Latest World, US & Local News

Old 05-26-2014, 06:23 PM

13,625 posts, read 21,444,278 times
Quote:

I don't think you are thinking for yourself. What do you have to say to all the women around the world who have been raped and or beaten who maybe could have stop the assailant had they had access to a gun? You know as well as I do that happens a lot more often than a random shooting.

What is your response to those women? Is it "well sorry for you but statistically you don't need a gun"?

Who is expendable in the scheme of gun control?

Old 05-26-2014, 06:24 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,249,901 times
Quote:

This got me going emotionally. I can feel this man's pain. However, I can't think of the last time I made good choices in the throes of grief or anger.

He's not in his right mind, he's going after the wrong people, and CNN and the liberal media are exploiting him for an agenda.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies