Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2014, 06:28 PM

1,209 posts, read 1,036,121 times

Advertisements

Duplicate thread, why I don't know, not like there's enough Bergdahl threads already....

http://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...hls-radio.html

Old 06-03-2014, 06:28 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,519,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
Fellow soldiers call Bowe Bergdahl a deserter, not a hero - CNN.com

Will the truth really be known, if so Obama should be held accountable for the US military lives lost looking for him.
It seems quite apparent that's exactly what he did.

Old 06-03-2014, 06:36 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,780,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wytrvn View Post
Duplicate thread, why I don't know, not like there's enough Bergdahl threads already....

I'm surprised. I thought that one got assimilated by The Borg.

Old 06-03-2014, 06:36 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,833,325 times
Quote:

Thanks.

Mods .. Please delete.

Old 06-03-2014, 06:40 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,309,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Sorry There is a long list of his military brethren coming out and saying he is at least a deserter, and they are all saying EXACTLY the same thing, giving the same details. The government/military investigated this in 2010 and came to the conclusion that he "walked away from his post" and stopped trying to find him.

I want to know why there isn't a universal outrage regarding the 14+ men who gave their lives because Bergdahl turned loony tunes.

Why are so many in here unconscious all the time? It is mind boggling how insanity has become normal, and common sense is the extreme. People in here seem unable to acknowledge obvious, or lack of, facts.

The government decided that Bergdahl was, for all intents and purposes, a deserter. Now, just weeks after the VA fiasco, all of a sudden Obama frees this guy out of nowhere. 5 years later and now he becomes a priority? Does anyone else see the ridiculous timing of this?

Why didn't Obama work on freeing the Marine being held in Mexico, who is a proven hero.
Tahmooressi is not activity military. He's been a veteran for 2-3 years and he committed a crime in Mexico. If you can't see the difference between that and our country's long-standing policy of leave-no-man-behind-on-a-battlefield then I feel sorry for you. Aside from that, you have no clue what the State Department may or may not have done to date to try and get that guy released.

Old 06-03-2014, 06:47 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,117,461 times
Not a doubt in my mind that Barack Hussein Obama will sweep up the news that Bergdahl is a deserter..... rewrite the script.... twist it and contort it.... and turn it in to a heroic story complete with his signature and stamp. We will all be told that the Pentagon was patently wrong when it proclaimed that Bergdahl was an apparent deserter in 2010.....that we now know the truth.... there's nothing to be concerned about.... and he's got it right and everyone else is wrong.

Not a doubt in my mind that this scenario is coming down the pike. Anything to protect this worthless President and his legacy.

Old 06-03-2014, 06:50 PM

6,476 posts, read 7,321,635 times
Is it just possible that Bergdahl was a double agent, sent to spy on the Taliban?

If not, they should put him in prison and weld the door shut.

Old 06-03-2014, 06:53 PM

1,209 posts, read 1,036,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
Is it just possible that Bergdahl was a double agent, sent to spy on the Taliban?
I've wondered about that as well.

Quote:
Without a trial?

Old 06-03-2014, 06:56 PM

1,304 posts, read 1,575,642 times
Quote:
There's a debate on whether or not he broke the law but he is guilty for you Obama haters no matter what.
But for the sake of argument, say Obama broke the law. Do conservatives believe this is a reason to suspend habeas corpus or take away a man's right to defend himself against allegations and automatically assume guilt based on these allegations?

If anything, conservatives in this thread prove that the kind of country they fantasize about turning this country into is a scary place to live in. They could have an allegation that I'm a baby-eating atheist, and I'm supposedly guilty of murdering and eating babies just cuz'. No need to hear my side of the story.

Old 06-03-2014, 06:57 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,309,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post

It's impossible at this point in time to know if he was a deserter, a double agent or a disillusioned, stupid kid and if the hard Right had their way they would never let him come home to face a court marital and find out the truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies