Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2014, 07:51 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,230,847 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
The data proves you wrong.

Again, all this talk of amnesty. Do you even have a slight grasp of what the word amnesty even means?
Yes I do. A lot of people remember the 80's and that particular goat rope. No more. As I said, you can cloak whatever program to confer permanent residence on illegal aliens, the majority of the people see it as amnesty and want no part of it.

And one poll is not complete evidence of Cantor's loss. Belt ran a campaign against amnesty, almost exclusively against amnesty and Cantor lost by over 10 percentage points.

As you said, look to the data.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2014, 07:52 AM

13,900 posts, read 9,775,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I guess you would have to actually ask those who voted against Cantor then why they did so.
That's what the polling firms did.

Old 06-13-2014, 07:54 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,716,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
No, they're not. Obama is counting turning people away at the border as "deportations." They're not. They're simply refusing entrance.

Let's work on deporting the 11 million (probably much higher) illegal aliens. If I break a federal law, I get arrested and tried. When illegals are caught, deport them. No trial necessary. They're in our country illegally.

If Obama is going to look the other way at the 11 million illegals in our country, I want the same right to have the federal government look the other way when I refuse to pay my federal income tax. Equal protection and all that.
Actually it wouldn't surprise me if Obama didn't start counting the entire population of Mexico as deportation since they didn't come over illegally (yet).

Liberals contradict themselves. On one hand they're trying to claim their Obama is enforcing the laws but then they turn around and say no one wants any laws enforced and we just want the deluge pouring over the border and we all want to hand them all citizenship with the welfare handouts that go with it on a silver platter.

The open borders side would be against Obama is they believed he was deporting any illegals.

Old 06-13-2014, 07:57 AM

Quote:
That's what the polling firms did.
And did your poll ask voters if they think any illegal should be able to take jobs when millions of Americans cannot get jobs?

Why do you liberals prefer cheap illegals to the unemployed of the inner cities who desperately need jobs? What's with you guys that the problems of Americans mean nothing to you? It's all about getting your unlimited cheap servants and expanding the welfare class for you people.

Old 06-13-2014, 07:57 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
Quote:
Don't be lazy.
I read the article. I should be responsible for tracking down an articles source? As far as I know they simply made it up.

Old 06-13-2014, 08:01 AM

I actually believe only the liberal open borders crowd would answer a poll asking if unlimited illegal immigraton should be allowed and encouraged when the unemployment of Americans is very high and when the black inner city unemployment gap is widening. Liberals really don't give a damn about the economy, about employment for Americans, they don't care about overpopulation, the environment and so on.

It is not at all "green" to bring up millions of people from mild climate lands where they never need heat or air conditioning and crowd them into more northern urban areas where they'll need to be given heat and air conditioning and their carbon stamp becomes much higher.

Also whatever happened to liberals belief in birth control when now they want to bring unlimited numbers of third world types with out of control birth rates -- which is the real reason for them coming here --- if they were responsible about their birth rates, they wouldn't need to come here with the millions of children they cannot afford.

13,900 posts, read 9,775,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I read the article. I should be responsible for tracking down an articles source? As far as I know they simply made it up.
They did. It's all part of the left's conspiracy.

14,292 posts, read 9,682,360 times
Quote:
Deportations are higher under Obama than under Bush.
Winter, the border agents are catching people crossing the borders, but those are not the same as ICE deporting people who lost their immigration status.

Once illegals get past the border agents, or overstay their visas, the Obama policy is hands off, publicly declaring he will not deport people. This is now creating a refugee crisis on our southern border.

Obama is releasing tens of thousands of jailed and convicted illegal alien criminals and felons from our prisons, before their prison terms are up. No other president has ever done all of this.

Old 06-13-2014, 08:04 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,909,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
No.
Majority of U.S. citizens say illegal immigrants should be deported | Reuters

Legalizing illegals IS a losing issue. Take heed.
Agreed and the Dems NEED to "take heed" too. There ain't enough "Hispanic" people out there to really swing any election since many of them are either here illegally, too young to vote or simply don't vote at all. Too; many American Hispanics DON'T want any kind of amnesty for illegal aliens, even Mexicans.

Old 06-13-2014, 08:04 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,273,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Not so fast – at least according to one new poll........

........according to a poll by the left-leaning firm Public Policy Polling.

One poll does not a valid argument make. Is there any truth to it? Possibly but one poll doesn't simply trump every other argument.

The last question in the poll should have been.....do you trust the government to do what you say you would like to see done?
The PPP Poll was linked in another article, I read the entire poll. It's sounds very reasonable, it sounds just like the "Feel Good" advertisements show on Television for a "Comprehensive Immigration Reform".

BUT ......

The Reality is that over 47,000 Children have flooded into the USA since May of this year, mostly from Central America. They are coming across the border after traveling 1,000's of miles with no money - they then look for Border Control and turn themselves in. The Reality is that Obama just ordered 39,000 jailed illegal immigrants to be released from jails. People can read the news, they know this is happening AND they know that Obama does want "Amnesty" for all these people - the public disagrees with that, but the "Polls" never ask about jail releases or our totally open border.

I've pushed for Immigration Reform for years, but I would NEVER trust the O-Team or the Democrats to write another one of their multi-thousand page Laws that are filled with loopholes that the CongressCritters never bother to read. We already have evidence with the ObamaCare Law and how Obama just "changes" it on a whim for Political reasons.

NO Trust for this Government -
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies