Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2014, 02:15 AM

2,687 posts, read 2,185,946 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
If you are a Once Wuzer, when the once that was?

Neither.

Old 06-19-2014, 02:26 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,790,545 times
Quote:
I am proud of the what it was, what it is, and what it could be. I am a Constitutionalist, because that document is the greatest ideal that was ever inked on paper. I am an American in the truest sense of the term. I believe every man can rise up to greatness, and that every man should be the master of his own destiny. I am an American, and I am damn proud to be an American, and anyone who challenges me should be prepared to eat pavement.

Old 06-19-2014, 05:35 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
I hate the "New America"
That's sad.

I love America with all it's imperfections and faults

Old 07-18-2014, 12:59 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,743,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
That's sad.

I love America with all it's imperfections and faults
So you are ok with reward failure, lies, incompetence and illegal immigrates over success, truth, fact, competence, and law abiding citizens?

You are ok with that?

Old 07-18-2014, 01:12 PM

Quote:
I am proud to be an American, but I'm not proud of the corruption in government. I'm not proud of the puppets we call cronies, and having multi-national interests dictating the dismantling of our Constitution. I'm not proud of the superficial entitled society.

JFK didn't ask what the country can do for you!

We better wake up, repeal NDAA and the Patriot Acts, reinstate the Glass Steagall Act, decide there's no such thing as too big to fail, put the bankers responsible for stealing trillions of $$$ and crashing the economy in prison, make an effort to strengthen the Bill of Rights, fire every appointed czar and close their agencies.

That would be a good start.

Old 07-18-2014, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
So you are ok with reward failure, lies, incompetence and illegal immigrates over success, truth, fact, competence, and law abiding citizens?

You are ok with that?
He loves unnecessary imperfections and faults, apparently.

THAT IS SAD!

I could do well without self inflicted pain and shared misery.

There's a saying "misery loves company" and that is something our forefathers knew well to avoid. Now we have a generation who have no clue what it means, and seem hell bent on finding out.

Last edited by steven_h; 07-18-2014 at 01:27 PM..

Old 07-18-2014, 01:29 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,743,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
He loves unnecessary imperfections and faults, apparently.

THAT IS SAD!

I could do well without self inflicted pain and shared misery.

There's a saying "misery loves company" and that is something our forefathers knew well to avoid. Now we have a generation who have no clue what it means, and seem hell bent on finding out.
What is sadder is we have to live with them as well, we have to put out their fires, and suffer for their stupidity for the time being.

Old 07-18-2014, 01:37 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,991,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
I am proud to be an American, but I'm not proud of the corruption in government. I'm not proud of the puppets we call cronies, and having multi-national interests dictating the dismantling of our Constitution. I'm not proud of the superficial entitled society.

JFK didn't ask what the country can do for you!

We better wake up, repeal NDAA and the Patriot Acts, reinstate the Glass Steagall Act, decide there's no such thing as too big to fail, put the bankers responsible for stealing trillions of $$$ and crashing the economy in prison, make an effort to strengthen the Bill of Rights, fire every appointed czar and close their agencies.

That would be a good start.

I feel as you do. While we're at it, we need to reign in the Prison Industrial Complex, and end the stupid drug war that has caused more harm than good, and quit attempting to nation build.

Old 07-18-2014, 01:46 PM

13,303 posts, read 7,872,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
I feel as you do. While we're at it, we need to reign in the Prison Industrial Complex, and end the stupid drug war that has caused more harm than good, and quit attempting to nation build.
Maybe drum the toxic food monopolizers out of business, too.

Old 07-18-2014, 01:57 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,895,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supachai View Post
I travel around America and internationally on a regular basis. Some parts of America are still great, but other parts pain me to visit. When coming back to America from overseas, I sometimes fight the urge to vomit when I am hit with farce that many parts of America have become. Just dealing with the low IQ affirmative action hires that work for the TSA in some cities causes me great pains of embarrassment. But.. some parts of the country are still okay.
^^^This is too true. I avoid flying for this reason. I don't visit as much family because of such but passing through Nazi checkpoints isn't my idea of flying from American city A to American city B. I have had my suitcaes opened for inspection and $$$ items broken. Is the TSA responsible?
"Sorry, they were just doing their job and aren't responsible for personal items."

When did it become acceptable to blast people with X-ray at airport checkpoints? Did you vote your congressman back into office after passing this legislation?
When did it become aceptable to pull grandma or a baby in a stroller out for pat downs while travelling domestically whereas Ahkbar, his 5 wives in burkahs and a camel pass through unimpeded when travelling internationally?
When did they start profiling white people as potential terrorists while those who are mostt likely related to terrrrorists are given a free pass?
Does political correctness supercede security?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies