Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2014, 07:31 AM

4,983 posts, read 3,293,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
Yes I would be upset, but I would not act like a disrespectful whiny idiot. The man should have calmly asked what happened, and then asked for the officers name. Then he should have went to the police station and talked to high ranking police officers. And if that did not work he should have talked to the police chief.

Police officers are here to enforce our laws and keep our families safe. And I honestly can't see how anyone could believe that kind of disrespect to our law enforcement officers is acceptable.
These thugs with badges today deserve no respect. You are living in a fantasy world when reality it is a police state with no respect for citizens of the United States.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2014, 07:44 AM

348 posts, read 294,818 times
- Every day we are subject to something which is not in anyway planned, deserved or wanted .

- Living in a healthy enjoyable environment with youngsters , pets, bicycles and lively things in a good spot where everyone reasonably gets along is the best life can offer, and is not always available to everyone.

- Youngsters are adventurous, little guys and growing boys 7-12 can and will get into mischief from time to time,

from scoring a chocolate bar to cutting through backyards for convenience to contests amongst themselves for something to do, who can hop over Mr Blues fence the fastest and on and on in the creative adventurous mind of the kid.

- If a good contributing neighbor & dog owner , came home from work to understand the dog in the backyard severely injured a youngster it would be an infinitely dreaded understanding.

- In this story above DID NOT happen, to take on a disposition makes no sense.

- Its not a matter of what if, its a matter of fact, of what is introduced, trained and brought into a family neighborhood with youngsters around.

Last edited by Sophronius; 06-29-2014 at 08:16 AM..

Old 06-29-2014, 07:49 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,289,544 times
Strange that this guy's first action when arriving home was to video himself confronting the police. Any dog lover/owner would have demanded to see the dog/best friend and then confront the police.

Last edited by Mr. Joshua; 06-29-2014 at 08:01 AM..

Old 06-29-2014, 08:00 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,289,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
There is a difference here, the dog was behind a fence and the cop entered the property, illegally I might add and put himself in danger. He should have waited behind the fence until the owner was contacted. The cop was not summoned by the owner, therefor he had no right to enter unless a crime was being visibly committed.
That's not true. There are the hot pursuit and exigent circumstances doctrines both supported by the SCOTUS.

Old 06-29-2014, 08:03 AM

28,922 posts, read 30,284,252 times
There are two sides to this story, and I cannot believe so many of you are so biased?

1st and foremost, the dog owner was wrong for leaving his dog alone in the yard all day. What if a kid would have someone got in that yard, the dog will do what he does best and protect his domain, period. And dogs protecting theiir owners and property are very dangerous.

Do I love dogs and all animals, yes, but not to the point that I would put their welfare over the welfare of another human being.

The cop didn't do anything wrong in this case, he was apparently attacked by the dog and shot him?

The owner is very lucky he wasn't arrested for carrying on the way he did. I can undersstand his grief, really I can, and it is very sad....but he is very lucky they didn't taze him for how he spoke to them.

Today, a cop doesn't get paid very much in most states....a single person has a hard time living off of what most cops get paid.

Also, a lot of communities have lowered standards for hiring officers, due to the government demanding that a certain percent of minorites HAVE TO BE HIRED. In other words, one of the questions they asked applicants are, Have you done any drugs in the last 5 years....well, now they've lower that question to 2 years I believe?

So, your not going to get the elete officers you should have.

There is good and bad in everything, everything on the face of this earth, some things that happen just really suck....and seem very wrong, and yes, maybe the officer could have backed up....maybe he didn't have time to do so, and for some reason, he thought the child was back there in that fence....?

I would like to see or hear his side of the story before I conclude that wrong doings were done here anrd as wrong as some of you think this cop was, there are two sides to every single story.

the cops the owner were talking to, hung their heads, so I don't believe they felt any better about this, then he did....however, at this point in time, until I hear the shooting cops story, I won't make a decission.

Old 06-29-2014, 08:23 AM

19,848 posts, read 12,113,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerat View Post
I will agree with you on one thing, he certainly DID make a mistake. Any cop who has ever responded to a missing child call knows, or should know the first thing to do is thuroughly search the child's residence.

What is it you know that the rest of us don't that caused that cop to think the missing child was in THAT back yard?

How was shooting and killing some one's dog in their own fenced and gated back yard "carrying out his duties"?

The bottom line is this cop just screwed up.
As they should have done in this case. The missing toddler was found hiding in his own home.

Old 06-29-2014, 08:23 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,717,554 times
Wrong for leaving his dog in his backyard alone all day?

Also advocating violence against this LEO's family are worse than the LEO that shot the dog.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 06-29-2014 at 01:33 PM.. Reason: no calling people a-holes

Old 06-29-2014, 08:28 AM

348 posts, read 294,818 times
Well leaving a trained dog or a dog that will be aggressive in the backyard presents a situation to a neighborhood with youngsters to begin with, there is nothing which can be done with the fact. Also, there is nothing wrong with the notion my dog is my best friend, but again the situation presents, in that best friend can be completely controlled.

Last edited by Sophronius; 06-29-2014 at 08:37 AM..

Old 06-29-2014, 08:41 AM

4,745 posts, read 5,577,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
I would be willing, gladly. They are more honorable, loyal, and trustworthy than any human. As such, I value their lives far more. The real question you should be asking is whether the COP is willing to lose everything he loves just so he can get his rocks off by killing my dogs.

Well, hopefully for your sake something like that will never happen. That way you won't have to be put down like one of those rabid dogs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies