Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2014, 02:54 PM

57,294 posts, read 26,206,502 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
What is terminally stupid is thinking that doing something in reaction to reports of Iraq getting weapons of mass destruction serves no national interest whatsoever.
Well it would have been prudent to give the UN inspectors a little more time since they really didn't find anything. All for doing something based on intelligence but invading a country, removing it's governing body and military. Before you invade a country you need to be sure, very bad mistake and Cheney & Rumsfeld gave the president some very bad advice not to mention they were totally ignorant of the ethnic problems that would appear lacking Saddam Hussein.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2014, 02:56 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,297,969 times
Dick Cheney the man who said Reagan proved that deficits don't matter. The man who said:

The insurgency in Iraq is "in the last throes," Vice President Dick Cheney says, and he predicts that the fighting will end before the Bush administration leaves office

The proven lies that Dick Cheney had told, the deaths he and GWBush are responsible for lying us into a war in Iraq that has helped to destabilize large parts if the Middle East as predicted.

F. K Dick Cheney

Old 07-16-2014, 02:57 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwill14 View Post
Can we just admit that the Obama Experiment has been a complete pathetic failure ?

Liberals will NEVER admit that fact, despite the weight of evidence over the last 5.5 years. What do they say?

1. He has been obstructed by republicans (gee....... they had both houses for the first two years. Essentially EVERY OTHER PRESIDENT has worked with divided houses.)

2. His policies did not go far enough (see the Chinese cultural revolution and/or great leap forward).

3. The "message" of liberalism is inherently true and sound- Obama was simply a bad messenger.

Libs truely believe the above three- ask them.

Old 07-16-2014, 03:08 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Sorry, I guess you are just pi$$ed off at the world. You made a stupid comment (Did Bush steal your girl friend ) because you misread my post. Then you do a 180° and lashed out at me as if my posts could change anything at the border.

C'mon man!
Damn right I am and have good reason to be "pissed off at the world". You aren't? I'm not mad for me but for my kids as I see it all caving in on them and they aren't smart enought to see it................yet. They will.

I don't care what your post does about the border it won't matter neither will anything we do now. The floodgates are open and we are taking anyone and everyone and it's a fuggin joke. Our leaders, ALL of em, should be strung up. They only care about themselves. Why they shouldn't be in office IMO.

Old 07-16-2014, 03:16 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
"We are still in Iraq. Don't kid yourself into thinking we aren't."

Translation: Dude, we're still fighting over there in Iraq. That war is still ON.

You can deny it, and I'm sure you will, but that's what your statement implies. Dream on.
I say exactly what I mean. We are still in Iraq and have no business being there.

Old 07-16-2014, 03:38 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,507,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Like the 52 times the house sent a defund or kill Obamacare bill to the Senate? Take those away and the house has done next to nothing, legislatively.
The House has done nothing that you like. It has passed more than 40 job creation-related bills alone, but not the type you or Reid want. The difference is Reid prevents the Senate from voting on them and the others.

Old 07-16-2014, 04:24 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,138,894 times
Default Obama is a catastrophe...

I've heard Conservatives say everything from "Obama is a catastrophe" to "Obama has RUINED the country" on here.

Except for the fact that my health insurance is more affordable, and that I make double the money I did six years ago, my life hasn't changed.

How has the Obama "catastrophe" and "ruins" he is leaving our country in effected you personally? It seems all of the people on CD who make these claims are, of course, gainfully employed in high paying professions.

I'm a little confused...

Old 07-16-2014, 04:30 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,094,955 times
His social policy has seen mixed results. As you said, your health care is more affordable, but that wasn't the case for everyone. Spending is still out of control, despite that being one of his big selling points against Bush in 2008; the NSA and various blatant disregards to personal liberty that are given the excuse that its 'for our protection.' A mess of a foreign policy. Also a list of broken promises from 2008.

Did you know he claimed to require GMO foods to be labeled. Why then is the deputy commissioner of the FDA a former VP for Monanto, one of the largest, if not the largest, chemical companies behind the creation of GMO foods. Notice how GMO foods are not labeled, and based on this little find, probably never will be, at least not until Obama and other corrupt politicians are removed from the picture.

Old 07-16-2014, 04:33 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,036,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
I've heard Conservatives say everything from "Obama is a catastrophe" to "Obama has RUINED the country" on here.

Except for the fact that my health insurance is more affordable, and that I make double the money I did six years ago, my life hasn't changed.

How has the Obama "catastrophe" and "ruins" he is leaving our country in effected you personally? It seems all of the people on CD who make these claims are, of course, gainfully employed in high paying professions.

I'm a little confused...
People dont have to lose their jobs to see the state of the country. I think the only thing note worthy in your post is highlighted. I guess you live under a rock and don't see the state of affairs in our country right now.

Old 07-16-2014, 04:42 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,972,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Sadly you think it's all a game. It isn't. It is our children's future on the line and you think "sticking it" to folks is the answer?
Simple than..learn to compete inside the Blue Wall. That means ditching social conservatism. Fiscal conservs who are socially moderate have a shot inside the BW.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies