Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2014, 01:05 PM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Basically, economic power.

There is still one thing to consider. I look at it like this. When it comes to the Black vote, Democrats have taken it for granted, and Republicans basically have a "let them eat cake" mentality when it comes to the Black vote. I'm convinced neither party really cares at all. One pretends to care, the other doesn't. It leaves this question: Who to turn to?
Only real chance is to run a couple guys as independents or 3rd party.

The problem there is that most of the black vote is concentrated into urban areas with strong machine politics.

You start making waves that big in a place like Chicago you will have a hard time ever finding a job in that town, your car might catch fire, dog might disappear....you get the picture.

With that said, you'd need a really strong candidate with enough clout and wealth that could withstand the backlash and bring attention to the issues.

Somebody like Oprah for example, running as an independent for Congress and pointing out the lack of progress on black issues would be a lightning rod for the issue.

The problem there of course is that so much of the black leadership around the country has their paycheck tied to the DNC that they'd carve her up like they did Cosby.

Basically, I'm talking about the black equivalent of Ross Perot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2014, 01:07 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,419,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toryturner View Post
He stayed at his house that he owned. President Obama NEVER stays at his private residence. It is always a rental. Rentals in Martha's Vineyard are not cheap. Or in Spain. Etc, etc.
Bush took 77(!) flights to Crawford. The bill for those flights alone comes to $20 million. Now consider that he spent a staggering 490 days at Crawford. Consider the day-to-day costs--it easily ran into the millions.

Bush also spent an additional 500+ days on vacation away from Crawford. That's more flights right there. Obama won't come close to touching even that number, or the costs behind it.

Old 07-16-2014, 01:11 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,231,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Bush took 77(!) flights to Crawford. The bill for those flights alone comes to $20 million. Now consider that he spent a staggering 490 days at Crawford. Consider the day-to-day costs--it easily ran into the millions.

Bush also spent an additional 500+ days on vacation away from Crawford. That's more flights right there. Obama won't come close to touching even that number, or the costs behind it.
Review post #29. My point was, President Obama stays at the most exclusive areas of our country. So much for the champion of the poor and middle class.

Old 07-16-2014, 01:12 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,790,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I wonder if Obama will manage to allow the country to be completely over run by ignorant South Americans plus get us back into a full blown cold war again?

Russia is reopening it's spy/listening base in Cuba. Obama seriously could be the worst President we've ever had. No way, NO WAY voting the labor ticket was worth this.

Russia 'agrees to reopen Cuba spy base'
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
We will be lucky if Obama is only the worst president since Carter. Given the current turmoil inside and outside of our country, I doubt we will be that fortunate.
The irony: Clinton wins and then blames Obama for leaving her such a bad mess that she can't get anything done.

The next President will certainly be left with a hot mess!

Old 07-16-2014, 01:12 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Hope and Change.............right. Well here we sit. Who could do worse? Carter? Hell he didn't even have the guise to lie and say he tossed somebody off a gdam ship ala bin laden. Just ridiculous stuff going on and nobody seems to care.
Do not know what to tell you other than you should have never thought they really cared, neither side does and neither side ever will. It is all a game being played by the power brokers while the rest of us sit by and watch Rome Burn, ny only suggestion is prepare for the aftermath.

Old 07-16-2014, 01:15 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Do not know what to tell you other than you should have never thought they really cared, neither side does and neither side ever will. It is all a game being played by the power brokers while the rest of us sit by and watch Rome Burn, ny only suggestion is prepare for the aftermath.
This you and I agree with. Just sad to watch "Rome burn" so to say. Thing is we won't be the ones in the aftermath...........our kids and kids kids will. Unless it really ramps up. I will go down with my glock I guess. Why not better then waiting for the VA to take care of me. lol

Old 07-16-2014, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post

Obama has blown through $45M on vacations to Hawaii and Martha's Vineyard.
The Obamas Have Spent Over $44,351,777.12 On Travel | The Daily Caller

Obamas set new record for vacation travel expenses; stonewalled documents finally released
Obamas set new record for vacation travel expenses; stonewalled documents finally released - BizPac Review

He's set the record with 2 1/2 years to go.

Last year, the Obamas toured Africa at a cost of over $100 million for taxpayers, while defending the vacation as official business.

ONE TRIP $100 MILLION

How Much has Obama

Old 07-16-2014, 01:23 PM

Quote:
This you and I agree with. Just sad to watch "Rome burn" so to say. Thing is we won't be the ones in the aftermath...........our kids and kids kids will. Unless it really ramps up. I will go down with my glock I guess. Why not better then waiting for the VA to take care of me. lol
I hate to tell you this, but they have sped up the timetables. WE, you and I, along with our kids are going to suffer. I still have a good 15 years of tax paying labor (hopefully) and if you take the last fifteen years as a benchmark... the next fifteen years are probably going to be painful.

Old 07-16-2014, 01:23 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,231,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Obama has blown through $45M on vacations to Hawaii and Martha's Vineyard.
The Obamas Have Spent Over $44,351,777.12 On Travel | The Daily Caller

Obamas set new record for vacation travel expenses; stonewalled documents finally released
Obamas set new record for vacation travel expenses; stonewalled documents finally released - BizPac Review

He's set the record with 2 1/2 years to go.

Last year, the Obamas toured Africa at a cost of over $100 million for taxpayers, while defending the vacation as official business.

ONE TRIP $100 MILLION

How Much has Obama
Thank you for posting these links. I am absolute crap at doing so. It is amazing that people continue to compare the vacations at Crawford Texas with the places the Obama's travel to, isn't it!?

Old 07-16-2014, 01:24 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,419,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toryturner View Post
Review post #29. My point was, President Obama stays at the most exclusive areas of our country. So much for the champion of the poor and middle class.
Your phony indigence has been noted.

Quote:
Rome is Burning? No no no, Rome burned from January 2001-January 2009. The last 6 years have been the aftermath of that inferno. And you know what? President Obama will still likely hand his successor zero wars and -5% unemployment. You know, the exact opposite of what he inherited?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies