Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2014, 12:34 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
Ho hum.

Another thread bashing Obama.

Cry baby sore losers get over the fact he was elected in 2008 and reelected in 2012.
Sadly you think it's all a game. It isn't. It is our children's future on the line and you think "sticking it" to folks is the answer?

Last edited by CaseyB; 07-16-2014 at 12:42 PM.. Reason: rude
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2014, 12:38 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Default Dick Cheney calls Obama 'the worst president of my lifetime'

Poor ol' "Chicken" Dick.

That boy really hates being an irrelevant malcontent. Not so long ago, he was holding secret meetings to jack up energy prices and convincing a brain damaged Dubya to start idiotic wars costing thousands of lives and trillions of dollars for no national interest whatsoever.

These days, his only audience is the terminally stupid.

Old 07-16-2014, 12:42 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
So, in other words, all talk and no action!

Bush Sr. did NOT have the authority. I know, a minor detail.
Clinton had no authority either, so your comment would be incorrect.

Old 07-16-2014, 12:43 PM

46,956 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Your "opinions" are NOT backed up by facts. What a surprise.
They rather are. Ascribing the housing bubble to the CRA is a stupid thing to do, and people whould feel bad for doing it.

Quote:
"Publication: Business Wire
Date: Friday, January 4 2008

More Than 8.3 Million Jobs Created Since August 2003 In Longest Continuous Run Of Job Growth On Record

<Hagiography removed>
Yeah, it was awesome. Bubbles are, as long as they inflate.

I am not going to post even an abstract of the FCIC report, but it's good reading.

Get the Report : Financial Crisis Inquiry Commission

Bilateral, bicameral commission.

Quote:
Why don't YOU post Obama's record?

Quote:
In FACT Iraq was improving quite well before Obama came along and QUIT.
If you're willing to call that boondoggle a worthwhile political initiative, let alone a success, I am not sure what universe you inhabit. Of course, if the best you can muster is "it was improving quite well", I guess we can file that under "damning with faint praise".

Old 07-16-2014, 12:44 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Sadly you think it's all a game. It isn't. It is our children's future on the line and you think "sticking it" to folks is the answer?
I bet you think that the Repubs in the House and Senate are going to change that

Old 07-16-2014, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
I bet you think that the Repubs in the House and Senate are going to change that
Hope and Change.............right. Well here we sit. Who could do worse? Carter? Hell he didn't even have the guise to lie and say he tossed somebody off a gdam ship ala bin laden. Just ridiculous stuff going on and nobody seems to care.

Old 07-16-2014, 12:50 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
Terminally stupid? Well, that's good news.

Yes.

It's a sad fact.

There is no cure for stupid. Especially the kind that still sees Chicken Dick Cheney as some sort of patriot.

Old 07-16-2014, 12:52 PM

78,416 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Obama isnt the mayor or governor of Chicago.
Bush wasn't the mayor of New Orleans.

Old 07-16-2014, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Bush wasn't the mayor of New Orleans.
That guy is in jail now I do believe. Liberal hero of course........

Old 07-16-2014, 12:56 PM

78,416 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
There is another irony to this. One would think those who are right-wingers would be on the side of the protesters. Instead, more complaints about Black people.

And for those who are extremely loyal to their political party, you have those who stick with their candidate because they don't trust the other political party. That is a big part of what I see. While there are many who don't really approve of some things the President is doing, there is also a lack of trust for the Republican Party. It's a matter of "lesser of two evils".
Agreed.

That's why I've outlined how in those situations people should consider not voting, voting 3rd party, not making contributions etc. so as to at least register this displeasure with the incumbents actions.

The alternative is getting walked all over and taken for granted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies