Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2014, 08:23 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,765,593 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
yes, I hear you, and wonder, Keep us stupid, that way it is easier for a government take over.....

Promise people anything and they will believe you....

It is a shame how everything in the U.S. has deteroriated, including accurancy in job performance.
Keep us stupid?
Sounds like an accountability shuffle to me. He did it. She did it. They did it to me.

Has EVERYTHING in the US really deteriorated? What's the starting point? How are you measuring change?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2014, 08:23 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,899,377 times
The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.
Winston Churchill

Obviously not just a current American problem.

Old 07-13-2014, 08:26 AM

89,060 posts, read 44,877,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Very high IQ tends to be liberal, but not exclusively. Little or no education also tends to vote Obama.
Yes. There's a much lower differential among those with advanced college degrees than there is among those who've never even finished high school, even though the percentage of those at each end of the educational attainment spectrum is roughly equivalent.

No High School diploma: 11.85% of the total adult population, 64% D, 35% R
Postgraduate study (Master's, PhD, JD, MD, EdD, DDS, etc., degree): 11.57% of the total adult population, 55% D, 42% R

https://www.census.gov/hhes/socdemo/...13/tables.html

Old 07-13-2014, 08:52 AM

28,926 posts, read 30,291,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
Actually, liberals have higher IQs than conservatives on average. As a matter of fact the more conservative one is the lower the IQ...or so I have read.

Why Liberals Are More Intelligent Than Conservatives | Psychology Today
Geeze, I've read the same about liberals....

and believe me, I'm not republican, but it works both ways.....

Old 07-13-2014, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
The average American has an IQ of 96, thus being below normal intelligence. Beyond IQ, most Americans are more interested in reality television and sports than politics. Further we have a nation in which essentially half pay no taxes and/or are on government support.

As long as there are Americans with the above characteristics, there will always be democrats.

If the 2012 election taught us anything, it is that an inferior candidate can be placed in the White House by low information morons. Do not count out another liberal presidential candidate in 2016 for these very same reasons.
90-109 is the average range for so called intelligence. IQ can measure abstract reasoning skills and those skills taught.

It does not measure practical intelligence, how things work and perhaps most importantly cognitive and emotional maturity.

Old 07-13-2014, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
You do realize that the talk shows that highlight ignorant people in man-on-the-street interviews are EDITED to show that, do you not? They do not show all the people who knew who the VP is. They only show the stupid answers that get a laugh and let the audience smirk with illusions of superiority. Try not to be so gullible.)

are you kidding me??????? I know people who don't know who the vice president is.....and people who are registered, one or the other and vote, simply b/c and do not know any more.....

Please there are no illusions of superiority, believe me, I'll be the first to admit, I don't know much about economic policies, however, beings we have friends in politics, I do know more then some and so does my sister, and a lot of people who post in there, but then, there are a whole lot who do not...

and once again, our country has not progressed it's regressed.....

so laugh if you will at a pathetic situation this America has become....gullible, or just down right misinformed......

Old 07-13-2014, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
right, but, lets confine this conversation to America

Old 07-13-2014, 08:59 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,446,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
My sister and I were discussing politics and this illegal imigration problem
She told me she listens to this talk show where they go out into the streets and ask people questions, like
Who is the Vice President of the U.S.

the horror is, people don't know?

I even wrote, that a family friend served on Homeland security, and the terrorists are here, they have camps here and someone wrote,

Your crazy, they are not here?

Well, they were here during 911 were they not, taking flying lessons and living in America.

The Boston Bombers were here and living here in the U.S.

But I guess I must be lying?

I mean, these people vote....and they only vote according to their political party, but that is all they know, they don't know any more, they don't care nor do they want to know any more????

and these people vote?

What's your take?
My take is that these "jaywalking videos" are highly edited to elicit exactly the type of emotional response you're giving.

Old 07-13-2014, 09:02 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,377,888 times
Voting lowers your intelligence. Or maybe low intelligence results in voting. (Shrug)

In any event, the two most brilliant people I've ever met:

- one was a high school dropout
- the other barely graduated high school but was labeled "slow"

(Another shrug)

Old 07-13-2014, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
You do realize that the talk shows that highlight ignorant people in man-on-the-street interviews are EDITED to show that, do you not? They do not show all the people who knew who the VP is. They only show the stupid answers that get a laugh and let the audience smirk with illusions of superiority. Try not to be so gullible.)
Pandering to people's need to maintain an illusion of superiority is good for ratings which means sponsors will pay more for ad time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies