Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2014, 08:14 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fancy-Schmancy View Post
So to ensure life for the fetus, you're going to deny liberty to the woman? By Federal Law?
Quite the conundrum eh?

Quote:
This is a no-win for libertarians. But if Paul's personhood amendment were to go through, he'd be the hero of the GOP...which is all he cares about. He knows perfectly well that he can't win the Presidency on the Libertarian vote. His dad got a whopping 5% when he ran on that ticket, which is why he went scurrying back to the GOP. In today's climate, Paul might pull 10% on a libertarian ticket, almost all of which would come from Republican voters. So he's figured the angles and knows that if he runs GOP, he'll get all those voters plus the Libertarians ('cause where are they gonna go?) But to get the GOP base on his side, he has to do something they've wanted...thus, the personhood amendment. Even if it never gets off the ground -- and it won't -- it makes him look like he's pro-life.

And he doesn't much care who he has to hurt to get that cred.

Rand Paul Fetal Personhood Amendment Stalls Flood Insurance Bill (UPDATE)
It's what he believes so why shouldn't he hold this position? It's what his dad believed. Do you think Obama really believed you could keep your doctor if you liked your doctor?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2014, 01:48 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Not possible so long as there are Federal benefits involved, and as you can see State by State are replealing the laws disallowing them to marry, soon it will not even be a topic of debate.

Oh yeah, all over the country people are lining up to "repeal" the DOMAs they voted for just a few years ago.

Old 07-17-2014, 09:59 PM

1,696 posts, read 1,714,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
It's what he believes so why shouldn't he hold this position? It's what his dad believed. Do you think Obama really believed you could keep your doctor if you liked your doctor?
Fine, let him believe it. But he should stop making believe he's a libertarian when he manifestly is not one.

Ron Paul was a libertarian, at least most of the time. He stood by his beliefs...looney though many of them were.

Rand Paul seems only interested in Rand Paul, President.

Old 07-17-2014, 10:05 PM

32,075 posts, read 15,062,274 times
I am so disgusted with both parties that I just might vote for Paul if he is the nominee. I can't believe I am even saying this. But this 2 party system needs to be taken down because they do not have this country's best interest at heart. Honestly, what is wrong with us.

Old 07-18-2014, 01:33 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,202,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fancy-Schmancy View Post

Ron Paul was a libertarian, at least most of the time. He stood by his beliefs...looney though many of them were.

t.
I am curious as to which of Ron Paul's beliefs you consider looney?

Old 07-18-2014, 07:57 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,752,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
I am curious as to which of Ron Paul's beliefs you consider looney?
These liberals think any beliefs that contain common sense are looney.

Old 07-18-2014, 08:13 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Oh yeah, all over the country people are lining up to "repeal" the DOMAs they voted for just a few years ago.
Nearly one state is overturning them a month, my guess is ti will be a dead issue within 5 years. I do not ever being asked to vote on it here in Texas, that was the actions of lawmakers without asking the People for their opinion, it was nothing more than jumping on the Pandering bandwagon.

Old 07-18-2014, 08:37 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
These liberals think any beliefs that contain common sense are looney.
Dumping the Fed and going back to the gold satndard.
Not using military actions for any reason other than the defence of the Nation.
Phasing out SS
Rejecting the idea of Seperation of Chirch and State
His idea that those sujected to sexual harrasment at work should simply quit their job.
His opposition to Non-Discrimination laws.
His oppostion to gays being allowed to adopt.
His opposition to gay marriage.
His support of Sodomy Laws
His anti-abortion views
His opposition to the Federal government being able to use the Death Penalty
His desire to abolish the Public School System
His oppostion to government loans for higher education
His opposition to the Federal Government owning land which would lead to the dismantaling of all National Forests and Parks.
His support for tax breaks for the Oil Industry
His opposition to government funding for medical research
His opposition to Tax credits for healthcare expenses & Children's Health Insurance Program
His support of discrimination based on genetic predisposition to disease
His opposition to requiring that those seeking emergency medical care get it no matter a persons ability to pay.
His proposal to end Medicare
His wanting to kill of the FDA
His opposition the civil right act
His oppostion to the right of the US government to kill terrorists when ever and where ever they are found.
The list goes on and on but those are few of the things he believes that I oppose.

Old 07-18-2014, 09:06 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
For the record, his position is:
He opposes abortion
he is anti gay
pro gun
he wants us to leave the UN
he thinks immigrants should never be allowed citizenship
he votes against the environment
doesn't seem to believe in climate change
he wants to end the Federal reserve,
doesn't support marriage equality
wants all government entitlement programs eliminated
wants to eliminate Obamacare
he thinks the sequester is perfect and wants to stop government spending, Like his dad he implies he wants to cut government dramatically.
He does not support gov bail out of banks or companies. He would have killed the US economy and been good with it, after all it would make his gold holdings go up.

He is a Libertarian just like his father but he holds the most conservative of views, he offers NOTHING to the left, there is nothing remotely progressive about this mental dinosaur.

I'm not sold on Rand, because I still feel unlike his father (who I liked very much) he is a bit too much of an Establishment candidate. Having said that, libertarians are NOT anti-gay, against marriage equality, nor do they necessarily oppose abortion, so that premise is false. I have no issue with wanting to leave the UN, ending the Fed, seriously cutting down goverment entitlements, getting rid of the failure that is Obamacare, reducing the size of the government, and ending bailouts. Why should big businessed that made bad decisions get rewarded for it on the taxpayer's dime?

Old 07-18-2014, 09:08 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
Right, but Isn't being anti-war, pro-legalization, wanting to repeal the Patriot Act, NSA spying & distanceing ourselves from Israel a big step in the right direction for the GOP?

I'd say so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies