Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2014, 08:36 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,227,263 times

Advertisements

Loyalty
Integrity
Personal responsibility/ accountability
A person's word should mean something
Needs of our own out weigh the needs of any foreigners
Help those who can't help themselves (Americans)
Look within and mend our own fences before trying to tell others how to live.
Government spending shouldn't be based upon how much we can tax the people, but upon what we really need to spend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2014, 10:07 PM

5,302 posts, read 2,356,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by psikeyhackr View Post
So you are saying that the United States should not exist and Europeans should not be in what we now call North America.

The lesson of history for the last 500 years is that God is on the side of whoever has the best technology. Even if He does not exist.

psik
Haha...I do think how the US came into existence was immoral in many ways, yes. But on a more serious note, I don't think any country should exist. I suppose if people wanted to organize and live under a government they could (I don't have the right to stop them), but nobody should be forced to against their will.

Old 08-03-2014, 12:23 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,749,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
\

The topic, which I think you failed to understand, is about governance, and what it should do.

Your argument is that governance should be about morality - YOUR version of morality.

The problem with this, is that government is about force. Brute, unrelenting and violent force.

You can't do good with unaccountable force enforcing what fallible people (politicians, the second most corrupt, next to academicians) think everyone else should do.
Correct. The quote "government is a necessary evil " is spot on.

Old 08-03-2014, 12:24 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,749,540 times
Quote:
Governments ONLY purpose is to defend the INDIVIDUAL from people like you.

Old 08-03-2014, 01:03 AM

9,282 posts, read 6,744,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
Don't believe anything that comes out of a politicians mouth, any of them.
If anything believe the complete opposite they say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
It's difficult to think this way cuz there's no safety net. That scares everyone. Instead of questioning what you're eating/using/buying people just think regulation will protect them. In reality, regulation only eliminates personal responsibility.

It's not utopian, it's just freedom. People will fail, suffer, die as they do now. It just won't be from illegitimate bureaucratic nonsense.
For the love and future of this nation please run for office..

Old 08-03-2014, 03:39 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,709,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
To you any one who works hard, get ahead and is wealth is "immoral".
Stop lying about me. Doing so just underscores how desperate you are to defend the indefensible corruption you prefer, and how much a moral perspective presented to you drives you to post childish attempts to tell other people what they think.
Quote:
The topic, which I think you failed to understand, is about governance, and what it should do.
Your inability to find a means of making governance moral - moral based on society's determination, not your ridiculously egoistic brand of self-serving claptrap - has blinded you to how well I understand what the topic is, and how poorly you understand what the topic is.
Quote:
I know clearly what is good and what is evil.
We'll have to agree to disagree about that, and move on, letting other people express their basic principles, rather than having you and your buddies inanely trying to dictate to other people what they think.

Old 08-03-2014, 07:20 AM

13,303 posts, read 7,873,743 times
Default What are your basic principles when it comes to political issues?

Avoid or attack liars.

Old 08-05-2014, 03:21 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,744,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
Stop lying about me. Doing so just underscores how desperate you are to defend the indefensible corruption you prefer, and how much a moral perspective presented to you drives you to post childish attempts to tell other people what they think.
I am not lying you, but I believe that you believe that I am.

I am not desperate for I am not the one using emotion and opinions to make a augment which has not based on facts, logic, reason, deductibility, science, history, or any other tool in which reality can be observed and measured.

Quote:
Your inability to find a means of making governance moral - moral based on society's determination, not your ridiculously egoistic brand of self-serving claptrap - has blinded you to how well I understand what the topic is, and how poorly you understand what the topic is.
We all ready do have the means of making governance "moral" its called the Constitution and should be strictly followed.

"moral based on society`s determination"? So if "society determinate it was moral to kill people of a certain religion, class, or political view that would make it OK? I mean "society" did "determine" it was "moral"..Right?

How is it ridiculous to want to keep as much of your freedom, rights, liberty, and wealth as possible?

How it egoistic to want to keep what is mine? How is not theft that others wish to take what is mine with force or the threat of it?

We are not "blinded" on the contrary we see the world with very clear vision and with eyes wide open not with vision clouded by envy, gilt, self and cultural loathing, and other such obstructions to the view of reality as reality stands in its purest of state.

It is very clear you do not understand the topic, or the basics of human nature as well has the behavior of government and the horrors it unleashes upon the world.

Quote:
We'll have to agree to disagree about that, and move on, letting other people express their basic principles, rather than having you and your buddies inanely trying to dictate to other people what they think.
How funny you of all people say such things...

Old 08-05-2014, 03:38 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,972,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
.Your inability to find a means of making governance moral - moral based on society's determination, not your ridiculously egoistic brand of self-serving claptrap - has blinded you to how well I understand what the topic is, and how poorly you understand what the topic is.
Well, you are wrong on all counts.

Your ideology IS the definition of immorality and it is indefensible.

Old 08-05-2014, 04:17 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,329,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
I am not lying you, but I believe that you believe that I am.

I am not desperate for I am not the one using emotion and opinions to make a augment which has not based on facts, logic, reason, deductibility, science, history, or any other tool in which reality can be observed and measured.

We all ready do have the means of making governance "moral" its called the Constitution and should be strictly followed.

"moral based on society`s determination"? So if "society determinate it was moral to kill people of a certain religion, class, or political view that would make it OK? I mean "society" did "determine" it was "moral"..Right?

How is it ridiculous to want to keep as much of your freedom, rights, liberty, and wealth as possible?

How it egoistic to want to keep what is mine? How is not theft that others wish to take what is mine with force or the threat of it?

We are not "blinded" on the contrary we see the world with very clear vision and with eyes wide open not with vision clouded by envy, gilt, self and cultural loathing, and other such obstructions to the view of reality as reality stands in its purest of state.

It is very clear you do not understand the topic, or the basics of human nature as well has the behavior of government and the horrors it unleashes upon the world.

How funny you of all people say such things...
How about your never-ending rants telling people to just move to other countries? There's no logic, reality, facts or reason for that argument.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies